• Published 24th Sep 2011
  • 7,852 Views, 72 Comments

A Heart For 2 - solsticebrony888



Rainbow Dash meets a pony just as cool as her and it throws her whole romantic life upside down

  • ...
6
 72
 7,852

Chapter 3*

The moonlight shown through the many windows in Sugarcube Corner, adding to the already festive atmosphere of the Cake-shop turned nightclub. It was 9pm and everypony marveled at the brightness of the light that shown through, Luna really must have done them a favor, many of them thought. The pace of the music had slowed down to a slower, yet still lively beat, Vinyl Scratch catering to the requests of ponies in crowd. After nearly 3 hours of dancing nearly endlessly, Rainbow Dash found herself relaxing at the table with everypony except for Rarity, who left early because she spilled a drink in her mane and had to leave early to fix it, and Pinkie Pie who was catering food to all the guests. Even though it was only about 9pm, some ponies were leaving early, not that the party was bad, more because the party was really REALLY good. Applejack and Fluttershy were planning to be the next to leave.

"Don't get going yet guys! It's only 9! Who leaves an all-night party at 9?!" Rainbow Dash said emphatically from across the table ,"Just relax for a bit, then rejoin it, That's what I'm doing!"

"Ah don't know, Dash. Ah have to work early at the farm tomorrow, it's not like ah wanna go, and 'Shy is just really tired,"

Rainbow wasn't in the mood to do any convincing ,"Alright! If you guys wanna be party poopers than go ahead. Just remember how many times all of us actually get to hang these past few months,"

"Ah'm sure we will find more time to hang, Ah promise you that, Rainbow,"

Fluttershy was nodding off in Applejack's arms ,"Look, she's nearly fallin' asleep, even through all this music! Ah reckon that we gotta go before ah have ta carry her home hehe. Bye Rainbow, Bye Twilight, we WILL see y'all again soon, tell Pinkie Pie we loved the party!"

After they left, Twilight was the next to yawn, more forced than anything, but still gave Rainbow the hint that she was tired too.

"Oh come on, not you TOO, Twilight! You study all day long, why wouldn't want to take full advantage of this when you can actually have fun?"

Twilight shook her head ,"Everypony gets tired, Rainbow Dash, and even if I wasn't, Spike is still waiting for me to get home and fix him up some late night dinner, I have no choice!"

The rainbow pegasus shook her head in return ,"I'm gonna be left here with Pinkie Pie? She'll think all of you didn't like the party! And then she'll probably try and do another party to make up for it! Is that REALLY what you want, Twilight?"
Twilight shrugged ,"It's a risk I'm willing to take," She got up from her chair ,"Besides, you can just tell Pinkie Pie we left because we are tired, it's not like you'd be lying,"

"Ok, ok..."

Now Rainbow Dash was the only pony at her table. She sighed ,"...I wish Soarin was here, he wouldn't leave early," She thought for a second ,"Don't lie to yourself Rainbow Dash, you know he would..."

She flailed her hooves in the air with frustration ,"I don't need to be bummed out cuz everypony left!" She stood up and left to get back into the crowd. Once again, edging through ponies who weren't doing anything but getting in the way. She once again found new energy in having fun without anypony else there with her.

Then with a thud, she was again was knocked to the ground.

The pegasus was met with the hearty laugh of Vinyl Scratch. "Is this how we are always going to meet, Dashie?"
Rainbow jumped up ,"You did that on purpose huh?"

"...Maybe," She responded, jokingly poking Rainbow in her side, causing both to laugh.

"Ok, then this means war! And I never lose em," Rainbow Dash challenged, with a grin on her face as she fisted the air as if she was fighting.

The unicorn laughed ,"Well, you just met me today, I'm sure you'll have a loss or TEN once I'm done with ya!" The two mares giggled loudly.

"TEN? You're a funny one, Vinyl Scratch. I'd have to be asleep for you to even have a chance!"

The unicorn gave Rainbow Dash an inviting smile, thusly changing the subject ,"Look, I was about to take my break and go outside for a walk, would you like to join me?"

"Alright! Even though I totally don't need a break, I could party for hours" Rainbow Dash bragged confidently.

The two ponies quickly made their way outside. After three hours straight of music, the outside seemed so much more quiet and serene in comparison. Having just rained, the cool night air was very calming, the light of the moon shining off of the remaining water in the blades of grass was quite a different scene than they expected to see. Rainbow Dash wasn't told it was supposed to rain that day, which slightly bothered her that she wasn't told, but it didn't bother her for long. Each pony took a second to adjust to the cold night air.

"So, did you like taking control of the party earlier when you were on my scratch board?"

"Of course!" Rainbow exclaimed a little loudly, with an echo from across the street ,"I was a pro on my second try! Do you think you could let me do it again when we get back?"

"Sure thing Dashie!...You don't mind me calling you Dashie, do you?"

For any other pony, she hated it, but every time the pony across from her did, she loved it. "Not at all, Scratchy!"

"Where'd all your friends go, Dashie?" Rainbow Dash smiled despite herself at being called Dashie ,"They seemed to all leave at once,"

The pegasus shook her head,"My friend Rarity spilled something in her mane, and everypony else was just...tired.."

"Tired? At 9pm?"

"That's what I said!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Then I did my job!" The two shared a collective chuckle.

Vinyl Scratch turned towards the pegasus walking beside her ,"Ya know, when I saw you walk in to the party, I though you were a TOTAL loser..." She giggled at the shocked expression on the pegasus' face ,"I'm just foalin' with ya! Shoulda seen the look on your face though! "

Rainbow Dash giggled louder than she expected at Vinyl Scratch’s joke. Vinyl Scratch gave her a surprised look just because of how odd the laugh was. Rainbow immediately recovered and put her cool back on. Vinyl Scratch took the conversation a step forward.

,”Dashie, you’re alright hehe. Thanks for taking this walk with me, Celestia knows I needed a break from that party..” She knew she could go on for a lot longer without this break, but seized the chance to get some alone time with the rainbow pegasus. The two ponies were only a few blocks from the party at Sugarcube Corner, but nothing seemed to matter for them at that moment.

“Oh, no problem,” The rainbow pony replied, trying to play it cool ,”The party was getting lame anyway,”
Vinyl Scratch lifted up her goggles to reveal her seductive ruby-red eyes, illuminated by the bright moon’s light. Rainbow Dash's heart fluttered at the sight of them.

“Y-you have beautiful eyes,”The pegasus stammered, soon appalled
at how uncool it sounded for her to say that.
The blue maned unicorn got a confused look on her face ,”Hmmm? didn’t catch that,” She said, despite the fact she heard every word.

“Nevermind...” The pegasus sighed, taking a good hard look at herself, heart beating faster than when she’s flying as fast as she can.

What am I doing? Come on Rainbow, get it together..

Vinyl Scratch blew her mane out of her face and gave the pegasus a shy smile, almost just to entice Rainbow Dash just a little more. She didn’t know how to give the pegasus a bigger hint. Neither of them quite knew what there were doing.

“You can tell me anything, Dash,” She felt odd for saying that, after only meeting her several hours before. But the Rainbow Pegasus seemingly agreed with her.

“Ya know, I’ve known you only since like 5 or 6 and I already feel like we just, well, get each other, ya know? You’re one cool pony, Vinyl Scratch,” The pegasus eazed into a little more of a comfortable mood, ignoring her concious just this once.

“That’s nice of you to say Dashie,” The pegasus smiled uncontrolably, and lowered her head to hide it ”But I’m talking to the only pony to ever do the Sonic Rainboom, let alone twice! There’s absolutely nothing cooler than that!”

“Sonic Rainboom? Psh, that was nothin’. I could do it again if I tried hard enough,”

“You saved three of the wonderbolt’s lives and your friend’s while doing one! That’s purely legendary!” Said Vinyl Scratch enthusiastically.

“Hehe, I guess it was pretty cool...”

“Don’t even down-play it! I should ask for your autograph!”

Blushing, Rainbow Dash laughed to play it off “Oh come on now, I know it was cool, but I’m sure any other pegasus in that situation could have done it,” The pegasus enjoyed being flattered by the unicorn next to her.

“Yeah right! Stop bein’ so modest and admit when you’ve done something only you can do! I wish I could have been there to see you do it!”

Reaching another corner, the two turned around.

It soon got silent, But more of a tense silence, not awkward. They both knew what they wanted, but didn't know what the mare next to them wanted.

"What am I doing, Vinyl Scratch?"

"Hmmm?"

”I-I don’t know what I’m doing or thinking right now, everything is such a blur to me..” The pegasus spoke without thinking.

Vinyl Scratch looked at her with wide, expectant eyes.

“These f-feelings,” She paused and breathed in the cold night air ,”D-do you feel them too?”

Without missing a beat, Vinyl Scratch slowly leaned in, closing her eyes. She put her hoof around Rainbow Dash's neck, and slowly kissed her. Both ponies stopped in their tracks to cradle each other during the long, passionate kiss, hidden under the bright shining moon. When they finished, they stared into each other's eyes, Vinyl Scratch smiling seductively, Rainbow Dash wanting more. This time the pegasus wrapped both of her fore-legs around the unicorn and made her move, into a second, longer and more passionate kiss. It was the most electrifying moment of Rainbow Dash's life.

"I-I" Rainbow Dash stammered, lightly pushing herself back, unsure of what she had just done. All she knew is that she liked it, a lot. She stood frozen, spacing out in thought, reliving what she had just done in her head.

Vinyl Scratch just stood silently, smiling adoringly at the shocked pegasus.

I wish felt that when I kiss Soarin

Rainbow's sudden realization immediately caused her to dart into mid-air, "OH MY GOSH," She panicked in mid air.

"What, Dashie?" Vinyl Scratch said, now wiping her mouth after their kisses.

Even through her panic, her heat skipped a beat when the unicorn called her Dashie.

"Soarin!" She shouted

"The Wonderbolt?" Vinyl Scratch questioned, looking behind her assuming he was near them.

"I-I'm...I'm with him...!" Hooves in her mane, she frustratingly tried to find out why she could have done such a thing.

This shocked the unicorn and her heart plummeted, "W-What?"

Rainbow Dash darted into the sky, with no intention of returning to the unicorn that she left behind, or the even the party for that matter.

"Dash! Wait...!" She started to run towards the flying pegasus, but soon realized the fallacy of it, "Please..."

Vinyl Scratch was only met with the echo of her desperate calls. With a deep sigh, the sadness immediately struck her full-force. Rainbow Dash; A pony she finally felt a connection too. A pony she could relate too, and most of all, actually liked her back! was now flying off in the distance, and possibly from her life, with no way for her to know where she was going, or any way to follow her.

The Dj put on her goggles, and walked slowly back to the party, confused with a heavy heart.