• Published 24th Sep 2011
  • 7,849 Views, 72 Comments

A Heart For 2 - solsticebrony888



Rainbow Dash meets a pony just as cool as her and it throws her whole romantic life upside down

  • ...
6
 72
 7,849

Chapter 2*

The pegasus, upon arrival at the party, decided she wouldn’t let the absence of Soarin stop her from having a good time. The atmosphere of the whole place was a lot cooler than she expected from a cake shop. Pinkie Pie had outdone herself again, the whole filled with the coolest ponies from PonyVille, AND Twilight Sparkle. She laughed at the thought. She saw the purple unicorn at a table with Rarity and a jumping Pinkie Pie, so she head through the crowd of ponies to meet them.

“OH MY GOSH!,” Pinkie Pie crushed the pegasus in a tight hug ,”Glad you could make it! This is like, my BEST party of the year! I got everyone I could to come, tonight should be amazing! Thanks for coming Rainbow Dash!,”

“You...can...let...me...go...now”

“OH HEHE! My bad DASH! hehe!” The Pink Pony then Gasped at the sight of Applejack and Fluttershy who had just came in, and in her regular loud fashion, left the three ponies at the table with a loud BYE!

Relinquished from Pinkie Pie’s abnormally strong grip, she sat at the table with Twilight and Rarity.

“Pinkie Has definitely out-done herself this time!” Said Twilight, comfirming Rainbow Dash’s thoughts from earlier.
Rarity nodded ,”I’m going to have to agree with you on that one, Twilight. She sure has such an attention to detail, almost rivaling my own!” She mused, stressing the ‘almost’.

“Hey Rainbow, um wasn’t Soarin’ supposed to come with you tonight?” Questioned the Unicorn sitting across from her.

Rainbow sighed ,”No...he had work or something. Again... Doesn’t mean I couldn’t come and still have some fun,”

“Well, at least you’re here. The real party doesn’t even begin until when it’s dark outside, and it will be soon! Pinkie Pie told us that before you arrived,”

This piqued Rainbow’s interest ,”A night-time party huh? Sounds good to me!”

The rainbow pegasus relaxed in her chair and enjoyed the company of her friends. Soon Pinkie Pie was back with Applejack and Fluttershy, all 6 now at the same table, catching up with each other. A lot of them had been busy recently, and all 6 being in the same place at the same time was somewhat of a rare occurrence then.

“So how is everypony? It sure has been a while since I’ve seen everypony,” Reacting to Twilight’s question, They all glanced at Rainbow to go first.

“Um, well, everything's good I guess, me and Soarin are doing fine,” She flinched waiting for somepony to ask where he was, when nopony did, she continued ,”And, um yeah. Living life and flying a lot blah blah blah,”

Pinkie Pie went next without anypony expecting it ,”OK! Guys! I’ve been great! I’ve baking LOTS of cakes here at Sugarcube corner, but then I was like, I HAVEN'T HAD A PARTY IN A WHILE, and then I was like I HAVEN'T MY FRIENDS IN A WHILE! And that should be a crime, so then I thought for an hour or two until I had the realization to have a party and invite all my friends! And HERE YOU ALL ARE! YAY!” Pinkie went from unusually calm to hopping up and down sporadically in 10 seconds flat, right before she got within inches of a white ponies face with a huge smile ,”Rarity! How ‘bout you! Watcha been up too,” After leaning back to avoid the pink ponies intrusion on her personal space, the white pony sighed to give herself a second to think.

“Well, Pinkie Pie, everything is going absolutely fantastic for me, Photo Finish gave me another chance and now, I’m designing clothing for her models to wear all this week! It’s all because Applejack and Fluttershy came over and modeled with BonBon and Lyra last week!” Rarity said, with congratulations from everypony at the table. Applejack grimaced at the mention of Lyra, and was glad Rarity didn’t go into much more detail about that day.

Twilight smiled and went next ,”Well, You guys have been up to a lot, while for me, it’s basically been the norm. Study, feed Spike, eat here, come back and study then sleep. Hasn’t been too exiting, so when Pinkie gave me the invite, I was overjoyed to finally do something else,” She turned her head to the only couple at the table ,”How about you two?”

“Well, um, Besides last week at Rarity’s, we really haven’t don't much either...Applejack work’s at the farm during the day, and I just care for my animals pretty much all until she gets home. It’s not too exiting, which is um, why I love it,” Applejack nodded in agreement, having nothing felt she needed to add to it.

Just then, everything went dark, all the music completely silent, only noise being heard was a quiet squeak from Fluttershy. “The Party has begun” said an exited voice that seemingly surrounded everypony in there. As soon as the strobe lights went off, a blast of fast paced electronica music got the crowd of ponies moving instantly. The mane six at the table were dumfounded by the amount of ponies in such a quaint building, and were even more surprised at how great the party already was, and it was only 5:30. Pinkie Pie darted up to the top of the stage in a second, ready to announce everypony that had a hand in creating the party.

“Hey everypony! How are ya doing today? GOOD? Well It’s only gonna get better from here on out! I’d like to Introduce you Mr and Ms. Cake back there, they’re the reason could have this party! They’re towards the back selling all sorts of delicious food and drinks, what’s a party without food and drinks huh?” After a short, but loud applause from the guests in the party, she ran up and put her arm around Vinyl Scratch, who didn’t even flinch,”Let me introduce you guys to VINYL SCRATCH! She’s the Dj this evening and you’ll know by the end of the night how great she is! GIVE IT UP!” Vinyl Scratch added a few extra twists and effects in the music as her own introduction to the crowd. Rainbow Dash looked up and scoffed ,”Ha, if it wasn’t for me being here, she’d probably think she’s the coolest pony here,” She said to herself because the other 5 already had got up to dance. Rainbow Dash decided to join in, even if dancing wasn’t her thing.
Half an hour quickly passed by when Rainbow returned from dancing to meet Twilight, Applejack and Fluttershy at their table. Rainbow hadn’t exactly given it her all, but felt pretty thirsty, and could tell the same for the 3 others at the table.

“Hey! Do you guys want a drink! I’m about to go up and buy some!”

At this point the Dj put on a repetetive, but still hip beat, and left her stand for a moment.

The three ponies nodded.

”I’ll just get water, then,” She said, recieving thankful smiles from the three at the table.

Rainbow Dash always enjoyed the feeling when she did something selfless for her friends. After waiting for a pony to get out of her way, she got up and walked into the crowd of ponies. Knowing there was a no-flying rule, she had to skinny through loads of ponies not exactly taking much effort to get out of her way.

Then, without warning BAM! She was knocked to the ground, and instinctively she flew up, enraged ,”HEY! Watch where you’re going!”

Vinyl Scratch looked up, not threatened ,”Hey hey! Calm down! Was only an accident! No-flying rule!"

Rainbow Dash flew down slowly ,”Still, watch wher-,” She squinted at her noticing her goggles through flickering flash of the strobing light ,”hey, you’re that Dj mare huh?”

“Yeah, but most ponies just call me Vinyl Scratch, DJ Mare is fine, though,”
The blue pegasus laughed a little ,”Ok, Vinyl Scratch,” she stressed in a a joking manner ,”You should pay more attention. I could have hurt you or something,”

The two were yelling over the loud music, and had to get close to each other just to hear each other.

“You could have hurt me? That’s quite mean!”

“Well, I mean-”

“No. no, it’s ok, here, I was being clumsy. let me make it up to you, follow me!” Without waiting for Rainbow Dash to agree, she led her up to the podium she just had left, right in front of the scratch board. The pegasus smiled in awe as she saw all the ponies slightly below, dancing mindlessly to the music.

“This must be a fun job!” She yelled, eyes wide.

“The funnest!”

The unicorn spun the scratch board a little, creating a crazy but awesome static sound, sent throughout the whole building.

She looked over at the star-struck pegasus with a sly smile “Wanna try?”

After a second, the pegasus yelled “DUH! Scoot over!” She moved into Vinyl’s spot and put her hooves over the scratch-board, unsure of what to do.

“Want me to show you how?” Questioned the smiling unicorn, amused by Rainbows confusion.

“No! I can figure it out!” She placed her hoof on it, and slid it a few times, but barely made an audible noise, an ugly one at that.

“Here,” Vinyl Scratch reached around the pegasus and showed her how to do it, from a more personal angle. Rainbow ignored that she got a little closer than she should have during the demonstration, because she was really enjoying learning how to Dj a party even if it was quick and very rushed. Even so, the pegasus soon was adding some really funky sounds to the mix, even getting cheers from the few ponies in the crowd paying attention to her.

“You’re a natural!” The unicorn exclaimed happily, slowly moving back into her spot ,”But I need to return to doing it myself, they payed ME to host this party”

Rainbow reluctantly gave up her spot to the real DJ ,”That was SO AWESOME!”

“We should do this again sometime!” Shouted the unicorn, while simultaneously handling the scratch board like a pro.

“For sure!” Rainbow Dash said, still fueled by the adrenaline of what she had just done. She was about to turn and return to her friends when Vinyl Scratch yelled ,”Wait!”

She turned back and looked expectantly at the Dj pony.

”You know my name, But I don’t know yours, What’s up with that?”

“Oh, my name’s Rainbow Dash! Sorry for not telling you earlier hehe,” Rainbow Dash felt unusually happy that Vinyl Scratch cared enough to know her name.

“It’s fine hun, guess you should go back to whatever you were doing before we collided huh?” Vinyl Scratch said, still masterfully multitasking.

Water for Twilight, Applejack and Fluttershy.

”Right!”

Rainbow Dash returned to her table with the three ponies awaiting their water with a grin on her face she couldn’t get off. She handed out the water and took a large gulp of her own. Twilight exclaimed ,”Was that YOU up there Rainbow Dash!?”

“Yes! Yes it was! It was so cool! Even though it was only for a minute, I had control of this whole party!”

“How were you allowed up there?”

All three ponies stared enviously at the pegasus.

“Oh, well, before, she knocked me down and uh, offered me a chance to do it! And you know me, I never say no to an oppertunity like that!"

Fluttershy tried to say something, but no one could hear her. Rainbow put her hoof to her ear to symbolize that she needed her to be louder. After inhaling, she tried again, but to no avail. Rainbow Dash laughed at the embarassed pegasus. Fluttershy ended up whispering in Applejack’s ear what she wanted to ask ,”’Dash, She wants ta know if it was scary,”

Rainbow played it cool like always ,”Oh no, well.. maybe a little when I first tried, but after she showed me how, I was like a pro up there...all eyes were on me!” The pegasus visibly relived it in her mind.

“Why are we sitting during this awesome party? Let’s get back out there girls! Anything can happen tonight! I’m pumped!” The pegasus jumped up, more energized than when she first arrived.


“Anything can happen tonight...”