• Published 1st May 2013
  • 1,234 Views, 71 Comments

The Beginning of the End - Tomo-Domo



Ponyville has been attacked by the undead. The only hope of Equestria's survival lies in the hooves of a young mare named Violet Arrow. Well she be able to save her friends? Or will Equestria fall to this new threat?

  • ...
14
 71
 1,234

The Search

As I flew over Ponyville, I scanned the ground for any sign of Vinyl and Octavia. I was headed to the bar that Vinyl always hung out at. She had invited me several times, I never really joined her myself though. I was not the kind of pony that was into alcohol. But I did enjoy to hang out there every once in a while. Soon however, I found the bar that Vinyl and Octavia were most likely at. I flew down and landed just in front of the door. I opened it to find something quite surprising. Vinyl was lying on the ground, Octavia standing next to her, a worried look on her face.
"What's going on here, Octavia?" I asked her.
She looked up at me with a surprised expression on her face. "She had too much to drink. I don't know how I'm going to get her back."
I went over to where Vinyl was laying and, lifting her up, allowing her to lean on my shoulder, responded. "By walking of course."
"Okay, let me help you." She said, holding Vinyl up by her other side.
"But we need to hurry, we don't want to run into more of the undead."
We couldn't run because then we would practically dragging Vinyl, and we couldn't go too slow because we could get caught.What I wouldn't give to be able to fly right now.
We were walking slower than we wanted, and we heard hoofsteps approaching from behind us. "Octavia, hold Vinyl."
Before waiting for an answer, I turned, drawing my bow, nearly launching it into the pony. He was a maroon colored stallion. He had a gold and yellow mane. And he wore light green shades over his eyes. He was carrying a sword. "Who are you, and what are you doing with my cousin?"
I was calm, knowing he could hurt us easily if he attacked. "We found her passed out in a bar. We need to get her back to the library so we can attend to her."
He didn't look convinced. But he relaxed a bit. "Fine, but I'm coming with you to make sure you try nothing stupid."
"Very well, follow us then. I'm Violet Arrow, and this is Octavia."
"Nice to meet you two, I'm Techno Scratch, but you can just call me Techno."
"Nice to meet you too, Techno."
We began walking back in the direction of the library when we were interrupted by screaming. We all turned our heads toward the noise, save for Vinyl. I lifted my bow off my back, "Octavia, watch Vinyl. I'm going to check it out." Without an answer I took off, heading towards the screaming. I found a clearing full of the undead. I caught a glance of five ponies in the middle of them. Two were mares and and one was a stallion, the other two were fillies. I dove towards them and launched an arrow into the nearest undead ponies head. I landed next to one of the mares. She was a white unicorn with a curly mane. The other mare was orange with a more yellow mane, she was wearing a cowboy hat. The two fillies were very scared, one had a yellow coat with a red mane, the other was white as well, with a pale purple and pink mane. And the stallion was a yellow unicorn, he had a blue mane. "Follow me, I can take you somewhere safe."
"Come on Sweetie Belle, come on Applebloom. We have to get somewhere safe." Said the white mare. She then turned to me, "Lead the way."
I looked for any kind of opening, desperate to save these ponies. I couldn't find any, so I just started killing the undead to clear a path, the mares and fillies following me. Soon I started to tire out, I didn't think I was going to last much longer. Just before I was going to become too exhausted to fight, a familiar pegasus pony flew down and killed several undead with his sword, clearing the rest of the path out. He turned to me and helped the rest of us out. Once we got out, I turned to him, "Thanks, Techno, I was nearly done for."
"No problem. Come on, we got to hurry."
Once we got back to the library, Twilight noticed the two mares and immediately helped them sit down. "What happened, Violet?"
"They were attacked, and Techno Scratch and I helped them." I said, still exhausted.
"At least everypony's safe." She pointed to the white mare and the white filly, "This is Rarity and her little sister Sweetie Belle."
She then motioned to the other mare and filly, "And this is Applejack and her little sister Applebloom. And this," she said, pointing to the stallion, "is Appleseed. Guys, this is Violet and, Techno was it?"
"Yes." Techno responded.
"And this is Octavia. Vinyl is in the other room asleep. And Fluttershy is in the other room as well."
"Pleasure meeting you all." I said to the five.
"Pleasure meeting you as well, darling." Said Rarity.
"Same here, sugarcube." Said Applejack.
Then Twilight spoke, "You are all free to stay here if you like."
"Thank you, Twilight." They all said to her.
"You're all very welcome." She said back. With that, she went back to her room, I followed her. Once we were alone, I asked her, "Are you okay, Twilight? You seem a little off."
She let out a sigh, "I'm fine, Violet, I'm just happy that most of our friends are safe."
"So who's next?"
"Last, but not least, we need Rainbow Dash."

Author's Note:

Sorry this wasn't uploaded earlier, I've been busy with school. But after this Friday, I'll be free all summer and updates will be more frequent. Credit for Techno Scratch belongs to Woodenbrony27. Appleseed belongs to LightmanBrony. Let me know what you think. And sorry for being late again. Next, Rainbow Dash.