• Published 1st May 2013
  • 1,228 Views, 71 Comments

The Beginning of the End - Tomo-Domo



Ponyville has been attacked by the undead. The only hope of Equestria's survival lies in the hooves of a young mare named Violet Arrow. Well she be able to save her friends? Or will Equestria fall to this new threat?

  • ...
14
 71
 1,228

Fluttershy

"What now, Twilight? Are there any other ponies we need to find?" I asked her.
"Yes, next, we need to find Fluttershy, with her, we are one step closer to gathering the Elements of Harmony."
"Of course, with the Elements, we may be able to save Ponyville. The Elements are the most powerful thing in Equestria after all."
"Yes, so that means we need to find her as soon as possible."
"Agreed. We should start our search tomorrow morning. When the sun is out." I looked out the window, the sun was starting to set along the horizon.
"Yes, we'll leave as soon as possible."
"Good, I'll gather the supplies we need, and we'll leave tomorrow." I turned to leave the room when she stopped me.
"Violet?" She said with a calm tone.
I turned to face her, "Yes, Twilight?"
She walked up to me, stopped, and leaned in for another kiss. This kiss was stronger than the others. We held it for a few moments, then separated. "I love you, Violet."
"I love you too, Twilight."
"If you would like, you can sleep in here tonight."
It was a sudden suggestion. I was blushing. "Sure, Twilight, I would like that."
"Thank you,Violet. It's just that, I've been having these strange feelings, like something bad is going to happen, and I just feel safer with you."
I leaned in and kissed her again. "Twilight, with me around, nothing will happen." With that, that I left the room to pack our supplies. In the living area, I grabbed all the bags that we had. I gathered all the supplies we needed; the weapons everypony needed, a day's worth of food and water, and a few books Twilight wanted.
After I finished that, I moved all the bags by the door, ready for the morning. I heard hoofsteps approaching me from behind, turning, I saw my brother. "Hey, brother, what are you doing up at this time?"
"I could ask you the same thing, anyway, that doesn't matter now. What I want to know is, what's the status between you and Twilight?"
"We're just friends, why do you ask?"
"Don't lie to me sis, tell me, are you two together?"
"No."
He just stared at me with a grin. Then walked back up the stairs. "Very well, say what you want, but just because I'm your little brother, doesn't mean you can hide things from me." And then he was gone.
Whatever, I have to finish packing.
I got back to it, packing an extra map, followed by a medical kit just in case.
I walked back up the stairs and into Twilight's bedroom, ready to rest for the night. She was reading a book when she noticed me and stopped. "Oh, Violet, come in, I've already prepared your side of the bed for you."
"Thanks, Twilight." I said lying down.
Twilight noticed my expression, because she asked, "Violet, is everything okay?"
"Sorry, Twilight, I'm just exhausted from today, and I can't clear my head of the other night when I saw the mare. Would it be okay with you if I go for a little flight for a while?"
"Of course," she leaned in and kissed me again, "Just be careful."
"I will."
I walked onto the balcony and took off, I had my bow with me just in case I was attacked. I looked down at the town, it was devastated. There were undead everywhere. I scanned the ground just in case I saw anypony still alive. Then I saw somepony being chased by the undead, and my mind went back to the other night. "Oh no, not this time."
I dove down toward the mare, hoping I could save her this time. I landed next to her, "Come with me," I said, hoping she would. She was a yellow, pink maned pegasus, her cutie mark was three butterflies. "I can take you somewhere safe."
She wouldn't move, so I just grabbed her and took off. I was going to save her, no matter what she wanted.
Soon, I was approaching Twilight's house, and I landed on the balcony. "Twilight, I need you, it's important."
I placed the mare on her side, she appeared unconscious.
Twilight came onto the balcony, and when she saw the mare on the ground, she gasped. "Fluttershy?"
"This is Fluttershy?"
"Yes, is she okay?"
"She's fine, but she must have fainted from the shock."
"Take her downstairs."
I carefully lifted Fluttershy onto my back and held her in place with my wings so she wouldn't fall. I carefully placed her on the sofa and covered her with the blanket I had.
"How did this happen?" Twilight asked me once we left Fluttershy.
"After I left to fly around, I saw her being chased by the ponies. So of course, remembering the other night, I had to save her."
She walked up to me and hugged me tight. "Thank you, Violet, for saving her."
"No problem, Twilight."
She let go of me, "Now we are one step closer to gathering the Elements of Harmony."
"Three down, three to go."

Author's Note:

I had to write this chapter twice because 1. It didn't save the first time and 2. There were so many errors. But I'm satisfied with this one. Let me know what you think, and if you dislike this story, I'd like as reason why. I'm taking requests for including original characters into the story, just let me know in advance, and I'll let you know what to do.