• Published 1st May 2013
  • 1,331 Views, 21 Comments

Rise of the Razorwing - ChaosKnightMatthew



Following the events from 'Rocket to Insanity' by Scherzo, Rainbow Dash has done the worst thing anypony could do... Can she survive and make amends before those that she hurt comes back to take her down?

  • ...
10
 21
 1,331

Chapter One: Broken (V1.2)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter One: Broken (V1.2)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Note- This takes place directly after the original version of Rocket to Insanity by Scherzo. I made my own opening instead of using the direct-from-story snippet I was using at first to make it more original than just a flat-out sequel.*

Rainbow Dash rocked back and forth on the bakery floor covered in blood splatters sitting with her front legs over her back ones, not believing what she has done. She had committed murder. It was an act not done in Ponyville in over a hundred years. Not just any murder, but one of her best friends. She glanced at the body of Pinkie Pie in front of her to the right. Her pink mane stained with her own blood as it pooled around her, leaking from the cuts on her body. Voices inside of Rainbow Dash’s head continued to ring though over and over again never silencing about death and destruction. Dash raised her front hooves to her head rubbing through her own mane, trying to get the sound to stop. As she looked at her fallen friend a slow and steady giggle creeped out of her mouth.

“G… giggle at the ghostly… heehee… snortle… at the spooky… hahaha… hahahahaHAHAHAHAHA!!!” She broke out into a loud, psychotic laugh as she lowered her hooves, her mind and her world finally breaking around her, sanity and spirit broken and fractured. The voices continued but the soon began to sound a lot like Pinkie Pie, chanting cruel sayings to her though it all. The front door to the bakery chimed aloud. Dash's head snapped forward, tears flying from her eyes along with an eerie grin on her face.

“Learn to face your fears...” Rainbow Dash said this as clear as the scene before her.

“You'll see that they...hee hee...” She reached for the knife that she used on Pinkie Pie, giggling uncontrollably.

“Can't hurt you... just laugh to make them…”She went to the kitchen entrance, hiding just to the side where it opens up. From the many voices in her head, one stood out above the rest, as sharp and clear as it spoke in a silent whisper.

The ones that ate your cupcakes... they are COMING! They enjoyed your baked flesh and blood soaked self without a worry in the world... They must pay as well...They… Must…

“Disappear...” Dash whispered to herself, chuckling. She raised her hoof with the blade in the air, poised to strike at whoever came into the room.

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

“Apple Bloom! What's taking you so long?” The purple-mane Scootaloo shouted out to her friend. Sweetie Belle already made it inside with Scootaloo but Apple Bloom was a little fearful of the bakery.

“I'm telling you, ah thought I heard screams and laughing coming from in there!” Apple Bloom shouted back to her two friends. Her first thought was something happened in there and somepony needed help.

“Aww... There is no screams from here, and even if there were, you remember Pinkie Pie is here almost every day right?” Sweetie Belle asked Apple Bloom. “Everypony knows Pinkie Pie is the loudest pony in Equestria. Hee hee.” She added with a giggle. Apple Bloom sighed, seeing her good friend's point.

“Ok. Ok. Maybe something scared Pinkie Pie or made her super happy is what ah heard.” Apple Bloom said, admitting defeat as she enters. “She did invite us for some cupcakes earlier today, and to help cheer up Rainbow Dash too.”

“I do hope Rainbow Dash is here.” Scootaloo said with a smile. “I know something that we could do to cheer her up-” There was a creak and a clatter coming from the kitchen. It scared the three fillies. “What was that?” Scootaloo asked the others.

“Ah don't know, but as Cutie Mark Crusaders, we cannot let this go undiscovered!” Apple Bloom said, cheering along with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. She was mainly happy that now she had a true reason to explore further in. The three started towards the kitchen door together, Apple Bloom leading. Apple opened the door with a forward hoof, but when it closed it pushed out the other two by accident.

“Hello? Anypony in... here...?” Apple started to call out when she was stunned by what she saw. Blood splattered everywhere on the upper cabinets, on the counter over what looks like cupcake ingredients of flour, eggs with a spare cupcake pan and to the right of the center table a fallen pink earth pony.
“Pinkie...Pie...?” Apple called out lightly to her friend, the door closing behind her, but she was so transfixed on the sight of Pinkie she didn't see Dash come from behind with a downward slash with the Chef's Knife, aimed at the back of Apple's neck. The blade went down once and then pulled back. By the time Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle got into the room they saw Apple Bloom's bow on the ground with a big cut into it. Looking above it they see their filly friend, but blood was trailing down her mane a few drops dripping on the edge of the bow following a light gurgling-gasping sound.

“Apple Bloom... is everything alright?” Sweetie Belle asked her. Apple Bloom tried to turn her head but she fell to the ground, half her mane flowing with her life force and pooling under her. The two young fillies screamed and backed away from the sight. A shadow cast over both of them from the door when it swung back the other direction, the door giving a small resisting squeak as it opened all the way, staying open from a latch on the top of the door used when Mr. and Mrs. Cake are on their busiest days. They looked up to the other's face. Its eyes seem to have a crazed look to them as she was grinning to the two, a light spray of blood on the pony's blue coat matted with dried blood and a little fresh blood from her recent attack.

“Do... you... like my cupcakes... too?” Rainbow Dash asked the two slowly in an evil tone but they didn't answer as they took off towards the main door Dash laughing all the while. She threw the knife at the two but only slicing Scootaloo in the flank forcing her to fall to the ground. It buzzed past her and only left a large cut on her flank. Fearing what else might happen, Sweetie Belle helped her friend up and the two managed to get out of the pastry shop.

“Help! Help! Somepony is attacking Apple Bloom!” Sweetie Belle shouted, hoping someone was nearby. Dash followed the two outside but froze.

<i>What… what am I doing…?</i> Rainbow Dash thought to herself. She put her hoofs to her head trying to stop herself from going after the last remaining Cutie Mark Crusaders, trying to force the evil thoughts from her mind but it was like pushing on a wall covered with honey, the more she tried the more it seemed to stay. I got to get away from here… away from everypony! She bolted to the skies leaving her rainbow trail behind in her wake. A couple of male ponies, one an earth type and another Pegasus type, heard the two fillies and rushed to their side. “Apple Bloom and another pony are hurt in there-ow!” Scootaloo said, favoring the cut across her flank and pointed to the Bakery.

“Call the Nurse Ponies.” The dark blue Pegasus pony with a water drop with a crescent moon Cutie Mark said to his friend, an orange one with a ladder Cutie Mark with a short cut mane. He ran off to get them while the water one stayed behind. “Berry Punch! Come here a moment!” He shouted to a violet colored pony with a cherry and grapes Cutie Mark. She ran over to the three.

“What happened to them Waver??” Berry Punch asked her friend.

“I don't know, but I'm going in to check-” He looked to the bakery with his hazel green eyes.

“NO! DON'T!” Both Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle shouted at the same time.

“She might be in there still...” Sweetie Belle said cautiously.

“I'll be alright; I'm not a pushover pony after all.” Waver said. He got narrowed eyes from the other two Crusaders at that remark. “I'll be back in a shake of a tail.” He added, running to the Bakery. Upon entering he could already smell the strong scent of blood in the air. Noticing red hoof-prints coming from the kitchen door he ran over to it and pushed the door open. Apple bloom was still laying on the ground, now in a pool of her own blood her leg twitching a little. Looking further in he saw Ponyvile's prime party pony, also lying on the ground covered in cuts in a pool of her own. Waver shook his head, not knowing what to really think of this but he knew he had to at least check on them. Waver ran over to Pinkie Pie and checked her out. She was breathing heaving, little moans of pain coming from her mouth occasionally. Mixed in it sounded like words but he couldn't make them out at first. He could hear her saying something. Leaning down he heard her say...

“Rain... bow... why...?”

She was repeating it over and over again. What could that mean? Did Rainbow Dash have anything to do with this? A moment later the door opened again. Three Nurse Ponies had arrived, but almost left again from shock and surprise.

“Hey! Get in here! This one's still alive!!” Waver shouted to the three. Two went to check on Pinkie Pie bringing a carrying a board with them while one looked over Apple Bloom. “There needs to be new Nurse Ponies I swear... one sight of blood and you guys cringe.” Waver said mostly to himself. “Can you guys get both of these to the hospital as soon as possible?” He asked the three almost like a general leading his troops. The Nurse Ponies seemed annoyed with him but they did listen, carefully placing Pinkie Pie and Apple Bloom onto the transport boards, covering them and rushing out quickly to get them care. One of the Nurse Ponies, a female, stayed behind.

“How come you're not affected by any of this?” She asked, looking at Waver with her own blue eyes. “No pony should be able to handle this.”

“Somepony has to. Who else will?” Waver said, following the Nurse Ponies but stopping at the door for a second. A wave of sadness came over him as a memory resurfaced from what he just witnesses. Murder wasn't very common in Ponyville but his previous home had a few misgivings of their own. “Someone has to...” He whispered. Waver went back outside, watching as the two injured ponies were taken away. The two fillies he left with Berry Punch were missing along with her. He sighed then looked to the skies. He figured they were with the Nurse Ponies and least hoped they were. Taking flight he heads home to his place in Cloudsdale to get cleaned up a little.

Chapter 1 END