• Published 1st May 2013
  • 1,331 Views, 21 Comments

Rise of the Razorwing - ChaosKnightMatthew



Following the events from 'Rocket to Insanity' by Scherzo, Rainbow Dash has done the worst thing anypony could do... Can she survive and make amends before those that she hurt comes back to take her down?

  • ...
10
 21
 1,331

Chapter Three: Decision

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 3: Decision
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash looked outside the window of the bakery. She could almost feel the anger radiating from her apple harvesting friend even before she saw her. Applejack was panting as she waited for a response, tears welling in her frowned eyes. The very same eyes locked onto hers in just an instant.

“Rainbow Dash!!” Dash ducked back down and out of sight. She quickly went to the door and was about to lock it to provide herself some protection, but stopped herself. Dash knew she owed Applejack an explanation. She turned the doorknob instead opening the door, hoping to give the explanation that was needed. The door swung hard and launched Dash back a few feet. She saw Applejack's tail as she flew, now knowing she kicked the door open the rest of the way. Dash collapsed onto the ground but as she was getting back up, something hard slapped across her face forcing her back down and now onto her back, her wings lying limply behind her. She raised her left hoof to the spot on her cheek, tasting a little blood in her own mouth. Applejack stood over her, pinning her remaining arm down with a hoof of her own.

“Applejack... I...” Rainbow Dash said, trying to get out what she meant to say despite the pain on her cheek.

“No, you listen here.” Applejack said in a snarl. “Did ya do what ah what your friends think ya did? Did ya do that to Pinkie Pie?” Applejack got face to face to Dash. “Did ya attack Apple Bloom, mah own SISTER TOO!?!?” She shouted. Tears began falling down Applejack's face now a few dropping onto Dash's face, her rage reaching a peak.

“I... I did but you have to underst-AHH!” Dash yelled in pain, this time from her right wing. Applejack freed Dash's front leg long enough to push herself backwards a little to bring her hoof back down on Dash's wing hard. If it wasn't for Dash's flight training for strengthen wings they would have snapped instantly, but only the bone shifted slightly. The hinge bone that made the wing bend was dislocated. Pain slowly occupied the injured wing, worsening as Applejack ground her hoof into it more. Dash reared her own hind legs and kicked the angered pony off of her, rolling to her left side. Her broken wing flung limply to her side. Dash was now panting, trying to overcome the pain she was feeling... but could this have been what the other two felt...? No... Something different seemed to come from this.

“Understand what?” Applejack said, jumping to her feet. “That ah pony would rather go bananas and attack her own friends? What is there to understand?” She lowered her head, about ready to charge at Dash.

“It wasn't my intention! This dream I had-” Rainbow Dash tried to explain but was interrupted once more.

“Oh don't you even bring up dreams. Ya realize how many dreams you've already shattered!” Applejack charged into Dash, knocking her into the counter shattering the glass and one of the shelves, forcing pastries and debris to fall to the floor all around Dash. The glass made cuts into her skin. On her back and legs mainly with a few blue feathers falling along with it. “Nurse Ponies said that Bloomie might not be able to use half her body. Her backside is completely cut off from the rest of her body.” Applejack slowly walked over to her. “She won't ever be able to do almost anything to do her cutie mark search. Her dreams are forever gone now. If she can't accomplish her dreams than why should YOU!” Applejack turned quickly just as she reached the fallen Pegasus pony and bucked harder than last time, this one aimed at Dash's unharmed wing. Her strike hit Dash in the chest and the wing bone, cracking a rib in addition to shattering the bone that supported her wing from the full power of Applejack's tree bucking legs. The additional force sent Dash through the counter completly and into the wall. “How does it feel? To be struck down before you can shine?” Applejack asked, her voice cracking up from the sobs in her throat. “To have ya own dreams...” Applejack couldn't finish her sentence, her anger reaching a point now that it was beginning to weaken her a little. She broke down and cried, kneeling down to the floor. “I can't ever forgive you for what you did Rainbow... I just can't...”

The indention in the wall that Dash was in had forced her limp and damaged wings in front of her. Looking down, Dash gasped not from the pain but from the state of her once beautiful wings. Bones jutted out in a couple of places along the meaty top of them, feathers appearing to be sliced from the fallen glass earlier, a few more feathers lay around her from the impact to the wall. Even a few strands of her rainbow colored made littered in the mix. Visions of when these wings gave Dash the will and drive to be the best flier in all of Equestria... The race with the other two Pegasi back in Flight School... Saving Rarity as she fell from the sky... No longer able to do the Sonic Rainboom that she was famous for... Dash heaved a few times forward, shifting her weight forward so she could get out of the makeshift hole. Fresh air blew in from behind her. The impact was strong enough to almost push her out the wall. She stood up head down towards the ground but didn't fall over. The taste of blood came to her mouth and out as she coughed it up from her throat to clear it up, leaving a red splatter on the floor.

“Apple... you... don't... understand...” Rainbow Dash tried to say staggering on all four of her hooves. “The dream made me... Pinkie was... cutting me up in the dream.” Her voice began to trail off. Blood leaked from Dash's mouth but she continued to struggle to get out what she wanted to say. Applejack walked up to Dash once more. Most of her anger had left her from what she did to her but it was indeed subsiding now and had even begun to listen to her a little more. Rainbow Dash raised her head up higher but the eyes that met with Applejack's wasn't Dash's eyes, but something else. Applejack noticed this and took one step back. Rainbow Dash's voice became harsher with each attempt to speak. “Like... how you are... doing to me now.” Dash said her voice hoarse and low. She took a step forward. Her irises in her maroon eyes small from the pain she was feeling looked up slowly at Applejack. Instead of seeing other apple filly's orange hair and mane, she saw a flash of pink. “Pinkie...?” Rainbow Dash whispered to herself in disbelief. She growled as another flash of pink showed for a second Pinkie Pie of her nightmares, wearing the cutie mark dress, unicorn necklace and Pegasus wings. The one that...

“Rainbow...?” Applejack asked not sure what to do seeing the expression Rainbow Dash was forming on her face, first fear then turning to anger. That wasn’t the scariest thing, but her eyes appeared empty and dark, as if a light went out in them. With her anger subsiding her reasoning came back to her. She began to regret what she did but it might be a little too late to do so. Dash growled and leaped to the other pony just as Applejack stood up, hurling her into the wreckage of the counter pushing her into the wood, glass and sugary treats, covering her with the sugary substances that littered. Applejack quickly bucked Rainbow Dash off of her to her right into another wall but Dash just bounced off of it, landing back into the glass on her shattered right wing. She screamed in pain as an object seemed to impale itself into what was left of her wing. A long glass shard, the part in her wing the thickest and the other end of it flattened out, fragmented from the pane of glass it came from. At first glance Dash believed it to be a hot iron nail that was jammed into her wing. Applejack, doing her best to get out of the glass without injuring herself only suffers a few cuts as she gets out intact but covered all over in different colors of icing and cake. Rainbow Dash stood up once more, bearing the overwhelming pain that added to what was already coming from both her wings.

“Rainbow Dash... let's get ya to the hospital. Ya need to have yer wings looked at.” Applejack said worried if she went a little too far, lending a hoof to help her up. Dash glared up at Applejack. Her eyes went wide in fear again. She didn't see Applejack at all now, but Pinkie Pie pointing her scalpel at Dash like she was about to slice down her bloodied front leg.

“STAY AWAY!!!” Rainbow Dash shouted, twirling to the left in an attempt to buck her 'attacker' but she slipped on the debris on the floor, her limp wing flailing as it soared in the air one last time before it quickly froze in midair. Rainbow Dash let out a short screech as a new wave of pain went through her. The sudden stop didn't stop her weight from moving forward and popped the wing bone right out of her socket connecting it to her torso, but the little meat left from the glass cuts on her back held the wing form together. Applejack flinched a little looking at the point of the glass shard that stopped mere centimeters from her right eye but then fell back and away from it. Rainbow Dash looked up to see a purple aura around her entire mangled wing, the glass fragment poised as if it were a dagger about to strike. From the pain coming from her entire body in addition to the sleep deprivation of a month of little to no sleep, Rainbow Dash lost consciousness, the last thing she heard was the giddy laughter inside her head. The only thing holding her up was the aura that caught Dash's wing that quickly enveloped the swooned sky-blue pony moving her to a clean part of the floor and sat her down.

“Applejack!” Rarity shouted, Twilight next to her who was panting a little from the exertion of using the Freeze spell. Because of the speed it was used it took a little more power than she thought to stop Rainbow Dash in time. Applejack, still in shock by what almost happened looked to Rarity, then to Twilight.

“If I didn't know any better...” Applejack said, shivering a little. “I'd say that was too close a call Twi.” Twilight went over to Rainbow Dash to look her over.

“Did you do all this to her Applejack?” Twilight asked, worried for both her friends.

“I did... my anger got the best of me. I am really sorry about this.” Applejack said, lowering her head.

“Never mind who is to blame let's get Rainbow Dash to the hospital.” Rarity said, lifting a hoof of her own at the mess around her. She didn't want to say it but she wanted to get out as soon as possible preventing dirtying herself, but she also wanted to be there for her friend too so she tolerated it as she usually does.

“Right.” Twilight said as she used her levitation spell to carefully carry Rainbow Dash out of the ruined bakery, followed by Rarity and Applejack. Applejack stopped to look back at the damage she caused. The broken counter... hole in the far wall... broken shelves... With a sigh and a small grunt from one of her cuts on her legs, she ran to catch up with the other two. Other ponies that heard the commotion gasped at the sight of Rainbow Dash.

“Where is Fluttershy and Spike?” Applejack asked, feeling bad that all this happened because she couldn't control her emotions.

“Those two are watching over Twilight and Pinkie Pie's balloons in case you were to try and get them.” Rarity said. She shook her head. “It's bad that one of our friends is in the hospital and I do feel sorry for your sister, but why did you go after Rainbow Dash like this?” Rarity asked, confused and concerned.

“Ah... don't know... seeing mah sis like that just snapped something inside of me and ah lost it big time.” Applejack said sadly. “Ah don't really want to talk about this right now.” Aside from the low whispered conversations the ponies of Ponyville were having, the group quickly and quietly made their way to the hospital.

Chapter 3 END

Author's Note:

This is technically my first MLP-FIM type fights, so if something doesn't seem right, please let me know.