• Published 1st May 2013
  • 1,905 Views, 112 Comments

Human and Pony Alike - ShutterGuy



Chris Taylor, a man that recently found himself stuck in the world of Equstria. Aiding him is ponified version of himself named Shutter flash. The same person in two different bodies and species.

  • ...
5
 112
 1,905

Memories

Rarity had just finished my navy jacket when I took notice to a funky smell that seemed close by. I was sitting on the floor downstairs with my arms folded, while Shutter was prepping the dresses for Rarity to model in. With my boots off and pants back on, I watched as Rarity created my new outfit with a suprising rate. The aroma in the air continued to pleage my nose causing my face to scrunch up. What is that smell? I slowly lifted one of my arms and found that my hygiene was slightly offensive. Please tell me that these ponies have plumbing.

"Um excuse me Rarity?" She didn't turn her head away from the sewing machine as she fed the red fabric into the needle.

"Yes darling."

"Do you have a place where a man can wash up?"

"Of course I do dear," A pointed hoof lead to the staircase. "Up the stairs and to the left you can't miss it." A content feeling crawled across my system. Thank you so much. Standing to my feet I headed my way to the staircase. "Your outfit will be done shortly." I turned to Rarity, who was holding a red shirt with her magic examining the stitch.

"I can't tell you how much this means to me Rarity."

"One thing you need to know about me darling. Is that I am always willing to help a friend." at the word 'friend' she gave me a soft smile that seemed to warm my heart. Feeling a smile of my own I turned to the staircase and ascended.

Sure enough, the door to the left of Rarity's bedroom, was a beautiful bathroom. The upkeep was pristine and everything seemed to be shining with a clean glimmer. It was by far the most elegant bathroom I had ever been in. Longing for the shower that I desperately needed, I didn't waste any time to disrobe completely. I piled my socks, briefs, and pants on the counter and opened the water to the showerhead. While waiting for the warm water, I began to search the bathroom for some soap of some kind. In my search I accidentally knocked off my pants off the counter which resulted in my knife and the piece of paper to fall out of the pockets.

The paper immediately brought back the suppressed memory of the fight of my father and me. Sounds of the water hitting the tub and steam seemed to fill the room as I stood in silence. That's right I'm going to tell Shutter tonight after dinner, aren't I. Clenching my fists I could feel the anger rise inside me. I get to tell him how I was nothing more than an ungrateful son! How I told my own father that I was better off without him! ARGH! In my rage I slammed my fist against the countertop. The pain shot up my arm as a little blood came from the side of my hand. Lifting my hand to my face I stared at the broken skin ignoring the pain. Maybe... I am a monster.

After I scrubbed off the smell and grime I sensed my mind return to its former state. I sat down as the water hit across my stiches stinging with each droplet. The pain was all to real for me to think that this was some sort of dream. Twenty-four hours ago I would have never thought that I would be taking a shower in a land of speaking ponies. With magic no less. The upbringing I had made me a little nervous about the magic at first like it was witchcraft. However, It seemed to be natural here much like oxygen that filled the air. I could feel it in my system warming me up inside ever so slightly. Magic... Quite possibly could be my way back to my own world. These ponies are extremely intelligent I'm sure they have some method of getting me home. A knock on the door pulled me out of my train of thought. Behind the wooden white door I could hear my voice calling to me.

"Chris are you okay in there? It's been about an hour since you got in." Raising to my feet I shook my head at how much time had passed.

"Yeah Shutter I'm okay, just occupied with thoughts." I stepped out of the tub and turned off the water.

"Alright, I'm just worried about you. Your clothes are hanging on the door. I'm almost done with Rarity she's putting on the last dress on as we speak."

"Thank you Shutter. I'll be out shortly." Grabbing a towel off the rack I quickly began to dry myself off.

"Okay I'll see you out here." The sound of hooves moving away from the door gave me the chance to grab my clothes off the knob from outside the bathroom.

After I slipped on the red shirt and the black undergarments I immediately took notice at how unbelievingly comfortable the clothes felt. They seemed to just mold to my form perfectly and match every curve of my body. Wow... I now understand why Rarity is the best. And I slightly don't blame whoever took the clothes. They're amazing! Upon opening the navy jacket the silhouette of the white falcon stretched its wide wings across the backside from each shoulder tip. It's talons open and poised to grab it's prey while its head was aimed downward. An emblem that once signified a job, will now take a new role as my mark amongst these ponies. A sense of pride dawned in me as I slid my arms into the jacket. The pants had some white highlights that seemed to balance the white falcon in the ensemble. After slipping them on I noticed my belt was sitting on the floor of the bathroom flashlight and radio still attached. Must have been brought up with the clothes. I buckled it around my waist and out of curiosity I flicked on the radio. I was only greeted with static, which wasn't much of a surprise. Finally dressed with the exception of my boots I placed my pocket knife and the piece of paper in the pockets of my new pants. Examining myself in the mirror I was extremely pleased with the result as I nodded my head. Looking good Chris.

Rarity was excited to see me as I entered her bedroom. "Oh my Chris, you look absolutely dashing, darling." The sunlight had dimmed considerably as the evening light hit the bed spread giving the room a relaxing atmosphere. Rarity in her latest creation, the 'Chris Twist', was posing for the camera while Shutter was focusing on capturing the shot. He glanced in my direction and smiled.

"Looking good Chris," I shook my head and laughed. I don't think I will ever get used to hearing my own voice from someone else. "By the way the set up for the photoshoot is phenomenal. I honestly think I couldn't do a better job myself. Where did you learn to improvise like that?" The question caused me to lower my head down to the purple carpet.

"High School, It's a place where young adult humans go to learn about the world." Shutter's face showed that he had some interest on the subject, but proceeded to continue on with the photohoot. Lifting my head up my attention was drawn back to the six unique dresses along the far wall. "Rarity?"

"Yes, darling?"

"What are those six dresses for?" Turning her head only for a moment to see what I was talking about, she struck another pose.

"Oh those are for my closest friends to wear at the Grand Galloping Gala. I'm sure you'll get to met them soon."

"The Grand Galloping whata?" Rarity and Shutter both laughed deeply at my question.

"No dear. Gala, its the biggest and fanciest parties in all of Equestria. Anypony who's anypony will be there. What about you Shutter are you going to the Gala to take pictures again this year?" Shutter pulled away from the camera and looked at Rarity.

"Um... Yes and no. I was formally invited this year to attend with Lora, but Celestia asked me to bring my camera along. I'm really excited because it will be our second year anniversary and I have got something very special in mind." A wide smile formed across Shutter's face as he most likely was thinking of Lora.

"Oh congratulations darling. you two are such a beautiful couple together. Ah! I know exactly what she can wear." With one last shot Shutter began disassembling the camera equipment.

"Okay Rarity were all done. I can get these developed and sent to you in about two days."

"Oh that would be marvelous! Thank you Shutter I know they will be lovely as always." A flash of red filled his checks as he rubbed the back of his head with a hoof.

"No problem Rarity I just happy you chose me to be your photographer." The expression on his face told me that he would have finished the sentence with '... Instead of her'. I frowned at seeing him place his equipment in the saddlebag. The sounds of the lens clacking together came back to mind and I felt something inside me slightly snap.

"Shutter, stop." I grabbed his hooves and his face was in a state of confusion.

"What is it Chris?"

"I can't let you carry your things like this anymore. It will drive me crazy to hear great camera equipment bounce off each other like that."

"Well what do you suppose I do?" I took off my jacket and stuffed it into the saddlebag giving some absorption between the multiple lenses.

"That should cushion it for the walk home, but you seriously need a camera bag." Rarity tilted her head to the side.

"Whats a camera bag look like, darling?" Opening my mouth to reply I found it would be simpler to just show what I was talking about.

"May I have a pencil and paper please?" Nodding her head she pulled out both items from her dresser with her magic and laid them in my hands.

I proceeded to draw a typical backpack, but remembered that a ponies figures might find it difficult to reach if it stayed on their backs. Erasing one of the straps I designed a single strap bag that would be able to just slide to the front with a little push. The eyes of Shutter and Rarity grew with interest as I continued my sketch. The bag wasn't perfect but It would have a compartment that would be able to hold the camera and lenses, one to carry rolls of film, and the last one would be for miscellaneous items. As I finished the drawing Rarity put on her glasses and examined the drawing with her full attention. She pulled the paper off the floor with her magic and sung in a melodious tone, "Idea!" Next thing I knew she was already downstairs and the sound of the sewing machine sprung to life. Shutter looked at me with a smile.

"Guess you should come here more often, huh?"

"I guess so. Is she always inspired this easily?"

"I couldn't tell you the answer to that. Come on let's make the bed before Rarity uses us for her next dress."

Shutter made his way to the edge of the bed while I grabbed the bed sheet off the widow seal. The sun was already setting with it's colorful hues of oranges and reds. The serene landscape seemed to glow in the lowering sun's warm colors. Seeing a sunset here in this world was somehow heartwarming as I remembered relaxing to many sunsets back home. Such a beautiful place. It almost makes me feel like I don't want to go back home. With the bed sheet in hand I turned to bed and began to help Shutter make the bed.

Just as we finished, the high squeal of Rarity's voice echoed up to the bedroom. "Chris! Shutter! Come down I have something to show you two." Shutter trotted over to his saddlebag and followed me downstairs. Once we hit the bottom we saw Rarity grinning ear to ear.

"Yes Rarity, what is it?" Spinning around she presented a bag on her back that was made of durable material. The bag held Shutters mark of a camera and was two toned of orange and brown. It matched my sketch perfectly and even looked like it was modified to form to a pony's body more efficiently. Shutter was ecstatic at the sight of the camera bag that he nearly ran into Rarity. "Oh my gosh! That is amazing Rarity! Is it for me?" She nodded as she took it off to hand it to Shutter.

"I want you to tell everypony that I will be selling a new type of bag from now on. Oh I can't wait to explore what designs I come up with for them," Shutter took the bag and excitedly started to fill it up with all of his camera equipment. Rarity turned her head to me and smiled. "Chris I want to personally thank you darling for inspiring me so much today. Please if you ever have the chance I would love it for you to come over more often. Perhaps we could go to the spa together darling." I shook my head politely.

"No thanks Rarity I not much of a spa person. However, I would love to come to your lovely home again sometime." Leaning down to grab my boots I felt a pair of white hooves wrap around me in a friendly embrace. I stood paused for a moment before returning the hug. She pulled away and gave Shutter a hug as well. She then trotted over to the counter and picked up a bag with her magic that jiggled with coins.

"There you are Shutter as we agreed. And tell Lora that her dress will be finished in two days," Shutter nodded his head he tied the bag shut tight with his mouth. Sitting on the floor I began to put on my boots. "Thank you two for coming. I hope to see your handsome faces again soon." Shutter threw his new bag over his back as I finished tying my boot laces.

"Don't worry Rarity you will. See you again and I'll have some photos for you the next time." Standing to my feet we both gave her a wave as we exited the Carousel Boutique. She stood outside with her hoof waving us goodbye as we began our small trip back to the Flash's residence.

-_-_-_-

About halfway back to the house Shutter held my jacket back to me. Grabbing it I threw it over my shoulder and continued to walk in silence. To my left Shutter was slowly walking to match my pace and to my right were some homes lined with bushes. The darkness of the evening was approaching quickly as the sun rapidly sank into the horizon. I noticed Shutter glancing in directions like he was keeping an eye out for someone. "Shutter what are you looking for?"

"I can sense her nearby... She is unpredictable I tell you. Just when you think she couldn't possibly show up she's there."

"Who are you talking abou..." Suddenly a flash of pink came rushing at me out of the bushes and slammed me onto the ground pinning me down with pink hooves which hurt, but somehow they felt light. A high pitched female voice seemed to carry far into the night.

"Run Shutter Flash! I got the monster!"

"No Pinkie Pie! Wait!" She wasted no time to pull out a pie and readied it.

"Terrorizing young colts huh? You big meanie!" My vision went black as the pie smashed into my face. Immediately she released me and began to gallop away. "Come on Shutter Flash while it's down."

"Stop Pinkie! Let go of me, please! Pinkie!" The galloping faded as I stood up to my feet wiping away the cream away from my eyes. They were nowhere to be found. Part of the pie landed in my mouth and I instantly tasted the hot sauce. My face reddened as the pie burnt my mouth with the capsaicin. That's messed up!

After twenty minutes the burning subsided and I was left with a numb tongue. I continuously bit it gently with my teeth to see if any feeling was coming back. Unfortunately it wasn't. Upon coming up to the house I saw two pony figures at the white picket gate the seemed to glow to the rising moon. When I approached I could make out a part of their conversation.

"Human? What a interesting word to say. Human human human human human human. Wow that just tingles my tongue," The pink mare now known as Pinkie Pie glanced in my direction and smiled. Her darker pink mane and tail seem to poof and move loosely almost like cotton candy. On her hind quarters she had three ballons two blue and one yellow. So I take it she's good at parties then. "So that means your not a monster then. The way Flash Drive described you was something rather scary. He told me that you had fangs and talons and that you liked eating ears. Sorry I used my extra super hot chile pie on you, Chris." I dismissed it with a wave of my hand.

"Nuh ploblem." Her eyes suddenly widened and her smile became huge.

"This is your first time here in Equestria isn't? I need to throw you a party! Oh I know I will get the invitations started right away!" Shutter stepped on her tail with his hoof as she was about to dash off. She fell to her stomach and turned to the navy pony who shook his head.

"No Pinkie. We need to keep Chris on low note to the other ponies, especially Twilight. You need to 'Pinkie Promise' that you will keep Chris a secret until I say otherwise." Pinkie's lower lip quivered in such a way that I felt sorry for her.

"B-but I always throw a party for somepony new." Placing a hoof to his chin Shutter pondered on it a bit before he sighed in defeat.

"Alright we can have a private party, but it will have to wait till next week we have big plans coming up. You should know, your going to the Gala as well." Pinkie sprang up with a joyful hop.

"I haven't more excited about anything else! That is going to be the best night ever. And then afterwards Chris we'll throw you a huge party!"

"Pinkie..." Shutter's voice was quickly drowned out by the pink mare.

"There will be balloons and streamers and games. I will bake you cake. What kind of cake do you like? Do you like Chocolate? I like chocolate. Maybe I can make you one of my famous triple chocolate supreme cakes!"

"Pinkie..." His tone was more aggravated and deep.

"By the way I noticed that you don't have a tail. Why do humans not have tails? I guess you can't play pin the tail on the human were you come from. What games do humans play at parties?"

"PINKIE!"

"Yeah Shuttery."

"The promise." Pinkie's face went blank for a second.

"What promise," Both Shutter and myself brought our arms up to our faces in a synchronized facepalm. Her eyes widened. "Oh yeah that promise. Ahem," Clearing her throat she acted out the gestures that followed the words "Cross my heart hope to fly stick a cupcake in my eye. Okey dokey lokie I need to go. Chris it was great meeting you and if you ever want to have somepony to talk to you can find me at Sugercube Corner. Later." She spun around and bounced away into the night. I followed her with my eyes until the bouncing figure was out of sight. Feeling my tongue once more, I spoke up.

"She is something else entirely, isn't she?" Shutter shook his head

"You have no clue, Chris. You have no clue." Looking at each others eyes we broke out in a hearty laugh before turning towards the house.

-_-_-_-

Once we were inside I was met with a delicious scent of fish and greens. Shutter hung his new Camera bag up and trotted into the dining room. I followed closely behind to find that the entire family had already set up dinner and were waiting for us. Thunder Wing pushed a pillow out from under the table and gestured to it, while Lora patted a seat next to her. I knew that Lora wanted Shutter to sit next to her so I took the seat next to Thunder. Upon getting settled on my knees Thunder looked between me and Shutter. "Took you colts a mighty long time to get back. Food was getting cold."

"Sorry Dad, we had a random encounter with Pinkie Pie." Aurora gave her son a worried glance.

"Did she see Chris?"

"Yes, but I made her 'Pinkie Promise' to keep it a secret and you know how much importance a 'Pinkie Promise' is to her." Aurora sat back on her haunches letting out a sigh of relief.

"Good thing or else half of all the planet would know of you Chris." Thunder chuckled lightly as he patted my back

"Quite the crazy mare she is, huh Chris?" Nodding in agreement Thunder rubbed my back as he smiled at me. Dad... I'm so sorry. Withholding the tears I looked at the food in front of me. It was a steamed fish with a side of mixed vegetables. I peered at everyone's plate to see them filled with a rather delicious fruit and vegetable salad. Noticing one spot at the table was empty, Thunder confirmed who's seat it belonged to as he yelled across the house. "Flash Drive! Get your flank in here young stallion! Food is ready!" Tiny hoof-steps came down the hallway.

"Coming Grandpa I was just talking to my marefriend. She was telling me about some creature that came into town toda...," His figure became as still as stone when his eyes met mine. "Its the Chris! Everypony run!" Yellow magic encased Flash Drive and lifted him up while his little legs kicked wildly. Aurora glared at Shutter then pulled her attention to Drive.

"Flash Drive you know better than to treat a respected house guest like that." She lifted Drive over the table and sat him at his seat which was opposite from me. His little figure shook as he stared at me. Feeling bad for what I did the last time I saw the little guy I extended my hand slowly.

"I'm really sorry for scaring you Flash Drive. I hope we can become friends." At the sound of my voice he immediately stopped shaking. He leaned his head cautiously towards my hand and I gently patted his head. His eyes closed and a small smile could be seen on his face. Withdrawing my hand he had a look of disappointment that I stopped.

"So you can copy ponies voices? You sound exactly like Uncle Shutter. Hey can you copy mine? Please?" Thunder chuckled at the little colt.

"That's enough. Time to eat you two."

The fish was amazing I savored every mouthwatering bite as it melted in my mouth. It was so fresh and it had a touch of lemon to it. So good! The dinner table was silent as the rest were enjoying their delicious meals. It wasn't until we were nearly done that Lora was the first to speak. "Shutter, sweetie? How did the photoshoot go at Rarity's?" Shutter eating his last bite looked at his mare-friend and swallowed.

"It went great! I only took the pictures, while my amazing assistant was the one that set the whole thing up."

"Oh so Chris is a Photographer as well?" Shutter proudly nodded, but I felt that I needed to interject.

"No, I'm not," Shutter brought up both hooves and stomped the ground with one my 'You got to be kidding me!' expressions. "I just know a lot about it." A hoof landed on my back and I looked to Thunder.

"If Shutter says that your good in photography Chris, that means you have a lot of potential. I don't hear him say that a lot about other ponies," I lowered my head and sat down on the pillow beneath me. I didn't have to look up to know that the whole family was watching me. "How did you like the fish? I caught it this morning. If you want I can take you tomorrow morning." Standing to my feet I tried my best to smile at Thunder.

"I would like that. Please may I be excused," Aurora with a concerned face nodded. I turned and walked out of the dining room and headed straight out the front door.

The moon was high into the night sky. Leaning on a post of the front porch I gazed up at the twinkling stars. All I could think was how much disappointment my father had. A tear fell of my cheek as I heard hoof-steps coming up behind me. I felt a elbowing nudge from none other than Shutter who was now more concerned than ever. "I take it that somehow photography is involved with what's been bothering you."

"Shutter please..."

"Come on Brother. You don't understand how much my family cares about you. Seeing you like this is upsetting. Please if nothing else tell me what's bothering you." I kept my head toward the moon as I felt a long sigh leave my body.

"Well you see..."

-_-_-_-

Five years ago -High School-

I was late for class when the second bell rang I had my camera around my neck and was running down the hallways. I can't be late again or the teacher will fail my assignment. Turning the corner I ran straight into my worst nightmare, a twenty year old bully named Robbie and his posse. When I realized who I ran into it was already too late. With a swift kick to the gut I fell backwards onto the floor as Robbie stood over me with a snicker. "Look who's late for class guys. You know, you should take your education more seriously Chris. Wouldn't want you to become some idiotic low-life that only does photography. Oh wait, you already are." He reached down and grabbed my camera. Smacking his hand away I stood up to my feet.

"Look Robbie I want no trouble. I just want to get to class," The smile on his face widened as he cracked his knuckles. Aware that I wasn't going to get out of this one I set my camera down on the ground. "Look you shouldn't take it out on me that you're too stupid to graduate." He clenched his fists towards me.

"Well Chris it looks like you found trouble. Hey guys how about we take pictures of him after the makeover." His two henchmen nodded.

"Robbie I don't want to..." Robbie again kicked out his leg this time I caught it and returned with a kick of my own. Robbie went flying back as his minions grabbed hold of me. I jerked and kicked, but couldn't get out of the hold. Robbie with a furious look on his face was running back towards me. He leapt up into the air and landed a with his fist hitting across my face. Taking punches I tried to escape feeling the anger rise in me. With one last punch to the stomach I pulled with all my might and managed to free myself. My vision turned red and I ran straight for Robbie. Dodging another punch I clotheslined him making his body flip once before landing. I heard the running footsteps behind me and I turned to counter a swing of an arm. kicking out one of his legs I gave him a hard shove sending him to the floor. The other stood still for a second and I was trying to read what he might do. However my head went numb and I fell to the tiled floor. As my eyes rolled into the back of my head I could hear Robbie's voice.

"Grab his feet I know exactly where he can rest."

A severe pain shot up in the back of my head as I opened my eyes to darkness. I lifted my hand to the back of my head and felt it was wet. Blood? My senses slowly came back to me as I felt the migraine taking place. Closing my eye was also painful I knew that it had to be somewhat swollen. Bring my hand back to my face I was encountered with a foul stench. Lifting my hands I felt that I was inside of some kind of container. Pushing up on the lid I found that evening had already came. Looking around I found myself in an alley inside of a dumpster. My head throbbed as I struggled to climb out. Once my feet hit the pavement I saw my camera inside the dumpster with the roll of film ripped and torn. I gritted my teeth. So help me Robbie you will pay for this one day.

Coming out onto the street I recognized the area and was actually a few blocks away from my house. The thought of getting a shower filled my brain as I made my way through the streets. People gave me a wide birth due to my smell, ignoring them I finally made it to my home. Upon entering I was greeted with the voice of my father. "Hey there's my boy. I was getting worried about you. When you didn't show up for dinner I thought you went over to Roberts house."

"Today was terrible."

"Why Chris what happened...," Entering the room he saw the state I was in. His eyes narrowed. "What it that Robbie kid."

"It doesn't matter."

"To hell it doesn't matter! No one touches my boy without hearing it from me. Wait till I get my hands on him." I tossed my camera on the couch and looked over to my father.

"Don't bother. It's not like I can get my roll for my assignment back." My fathers face flashed with anger.

"Where's your backbone Chris! Your a Taylor start acting like one," I folded my arms in annoyance. "We have a request to shoot a wedding tomorrow so I want you ready your camera." My rebelling teenage mind said the next thing.

"I don't want to photograph anymore." Stopping in his tracks my father gave me a look of disbelief.

"Chris... You can't quit we are just about to buy that little store. Our business, our dream."

"No! It's your dream. I only went along because I wanted to make you happy."

"Don't give me that bull! You're always happy when it deals with photography."

"I'm I Dad?! I'm I?! You think I'm happy to get beaten for being involved with it. How about the many times I caused us more loss than profit. Let's face it father I'm not much of a photographer. I'm nothing but just a lame nobody."

"Be quiet now! I will not have you speak of my son in such a way!"

"There you go again trying to control my life! Why do you always interfere with everything I do?! Why?!"

"I'm trying to give you a better life damn it!"

"I don't need you in my LIFE!" His face went into shock as I turned and dashed out the door. I could him yell after me but I never stopped sprinting.

As I approached my friends house I stood there with tears flowing from my eyes. The night was cold and foggy there seemed to nobody home. I then remembered that they left on a trip to Europe. Grabbing the hidden key I unlocked the door and entered the house. They always kept a spare change of clothes for me here, because I practically lived with them. While I was in the shower I could hear sirens off in the distance I paid them no interest as I continued to scrub off the grime of the dumpster. After a refreshing shower I hit my head against a pillow and instantly fell asleep.

The morning light seemed gray and dull. I could almost sense the heavy air around me letting me know something didn't feel right. Remembering the events that played out yesterday I threw on my shoes and ran out of the door. I really need to apologize for what I said. I just hope Dad can forgive me. Reaching the house I noticed the garage door opened and the car was missing.

"Mom! Dad! Anyone home?" I listened for a response, but nothing came. Before I closed the door I could hear the faint sound of someone heavily crying. Following the sound lead me to my mothers bedroom. Slowly cracking the door revealed my mom on her bed with her face buried in the palms of her hands. "Mother? What's wrong?" She lifted her head and I saw the deep despair that filled her eyes. The news she bore made my life stop completely.

"Your father has... passed away. I'm... so sorry sweetheart." My system broke. My mind was fighting me with everything. I no longer felt the pulse to my heart as I blankly stared at my mother. Finally tears came rushing down my checks as I fell to my knees.

"T-That can't be true... THIS CAN"T BE HAPPENING!" I felt my mother's hand touch my shoulder. My body shook violently as the sobs rocked me. "DAD! I'M SORRY!" With my mother joining me on the floor she embraced me tightly. My life was to never be the same.

-_-_-_-

Present -Equestria-

Tears were flowing out in a cascade of droplets. I haven't tried to remember that day ever since, and bring it back was tearing me up inside. Allowing myself to sit on the front porch I felt the sobs start to build. Clenching my eyes shut I wanted nothing more than just feel numb from the pain. Speaking through my tears I looked at the dark night sky. "H-He came looking for me Shutter. He was trying to find me. But in his search he didn't see the oncoming traffic. He died looking for me..." Breaking down I couldn't continue. Placing my head in the palms of my hands I let everything go tears streaming down my arms.

A pair of hooves wrapped around me pulled me in tightly. I pulled my head up to see Shutter with his eyes swollen with tears as well. He stared me in the eye and I could see that he was hurting inside. He placed his head on my shoulder and squeezed me hard with tears running down the back of my neck. "I'm... so sorry Chris," I squeezed him back with all I could. "Don't you worry brother... I will help you in anyway I can."

"Thank you Shutter." Opening my eyes I saw through my tears that some shooting stars were streaking across the sky as if the night itself was crying. Shutter pulled away and patted me on the back.

"You've had a hard night... How about we find you a place to sleep?" I slowly lift myself up and nodded.

"That's sounds good right about now." Wiping the remainder of the tears away I followed him into the house. Dad I hope you can forgive me.

Author's Note:

I want to thank APoeticheart for the help of 'Shuttery'