Give Blueblood Some Character! 593 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 215 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 215

Hero worship? Ohoh! Does that include knowledge of her identity as Nightmare Moon before her Second coming?

Also, what about this fun little idea: Blueblood is a huge fan of Daring Do. He was introduced to the series by his buddy Shining Armor, who knows the author personally (his mother, Twilight Velvet). The adventures of Daring Do impressed the little prince so much that he started having his own "adventures", i.e. losing his handlers on purpose, hiding from his lessons, breaking into places he wasn't supposed to such as the seldom-used war room and playing around with the maps therein. During that time, something happened to give him his Cutie Mark; and the above history is one of the reasons why it's so close to the Cutie Mark of his childhood heroine Daring Do.

2165043 Ooh! That is interesting.

And yes, yes he would know.

Sometimes I get the niggling thought that his relation with Twilight would be like Solid and Liquid Snake of the MGS series, Celestia (Big Boss) brushing Blueblood (Liquid) aside to teach Twilight, (Snake) who later gets the element of magic, which was initally supposed to be Blueblood's.

Liquid Blueblood: "Celestia knew she'd need the Elements to save her beloved sister, but nopony could weild the Element of Magic, the unicorn bloodlines had gone stagnant centuries ago."
Sparkle Snake: "It's not about magical power in bloodlines, it's about friendship! The magic we feel when with our-"
LB: "Lies! With her own link to the Elements cut, Celestia knew nopony had the raw power to use that all-important element since Starswirl himself!"
SS: "Then how do you explain me?"
LB: "My freakish clone sister?"
SS: "...!?"
LB: *Fiendish chuckle* "She knew it would take countless generations of arranged marraiges to get the unicorn families their power back, and didn't want to. No, that would mean her precious little ponies would have to think of a cause above themselves... And eventually, be able to oppose her. Instead, she tried to ressurect Starswirl. When that failed, she took his genes... She wanted to replicate his DNA to the letter, using me as the guinea pig to create a phenotype in which all the genes relating to magic were expressed, to create you."
SS: "...What...?"
LB: "I got the recessive genes, you stole everything from me before I was even born!!
SS: *Quietly* "B-but that, it's, Celestia-"
LB: "She told me I was inferior! Do you know what it's like to be thought of as garbage since the day you were born?!" *Short maniacal laugh* "You stole everything from me, my genes, my Element, my destiny! I. Will. Nullify you... And take it all back! Have at you, Snake!!"
*Commence hoof-fight on top of giant, magical nuke-launcher or something*
(I have no intention at all of writing Metal Gear Twilight out further than this little excercise in time-wastery. :twilightsheepish:)

Anyway, I bring that up because I wonder if he resents Twilight at all for being a big hero/new princess while he, a prince, is just kinda some guy most of the population seems to have forgotten about, they don't even seem to recognize their heroes all that much, and it seems possible Celestia really did have a plan for BB before a much more powerful unicorn filly showed up. Thoughts? :derpyderp2:

Also, Derpsby... Well, I'm sorry in advance, but that... "My Granny, the Moon Goddess" thing? ... Excerpt of 'so far'... The whole 'first impressions' thing and so forth.

Hesitant, the mare of the moon stepped closer to the buff stallion, holding out a hoof. She stood taller than him, the top of his head even with her lower jaw.

Instead of kissing The Royal Hoof, however, the nephew of Princess Celestia would surprise both aunt and grandmother by rushing upon Princess Luna, enveloping the tall mare in a tight, loving, outright smothering embrace.

Luna’s eyes were doing a great mimicry of an owl, now, her silver-clad hoof still out as she was hugged. She had no shortness of breath, in spite of the strength and speed of this embrace. She was just... she didn't know what she felt. Shock? Rage? Joy? WHAT?!

Celestia, however, covered her mouth with a hoof, giggling at the sight. “Blueblood, please, this is already a lot for Luna to take in.”

And then they get to know each other, she learns of his less-savory parts of personality, and she tries to help, ahem, correct them. Also, back to the whole 'things-I-put-up-with' face. :trollestia:

... Interesting, but... I would like to think it's less 'no attention' and more 'my nephew has enough on his plate with his own life. I don't need to pile more on and stress him out.'...

I love it! Luna not knowing at first how to deal with this grown stallion, and Celestia so happy for her sister is a great opportunity!

I wonder how much of his great-great-grandfather can still be found in his descendants. Whether Blueblood and Cadance remind Luna of him. Assuming, of course, she even remembers him. Yet even if she doesn't, Celestia probably still does...

2572475 Lol. Any ideas on your part? XD

Have I ever told you that you three gave me the headcanon about Cadence being Blueblood's older sister and Luna their great-great-great-grandmother?

You have now! :pinkiehappy:
Any story ideas, bychance? :trixieshiftright:

2688444 Oh? ... Is that a good thing or a bad thing for you? For me? It's good.

2688461 Why did you think that I think it's a bad thing? I absolutely love it!

2688499 Awesome! Any ideas out of this, perchance?

Let's see:

"This is Blueblood during his first time eating solid food," said Celestia while showing her sister a photo-album involving Blueblood's young life. "He spat it out afterwards. He was stubborn even during his birth, his mother told me. Seems that stubbornness runs in the family," she grinned mischievously at Luna.

"Right, right. So what is next?" Luna replied with a blush growing on her cheeks. She pointed at the photograph depicting an infant Blueblood playing with a phoenix. "Was my great-great-great-grandson fond of your pet phoenix?"

"He was, but he never did enjoy some of Philomena's pranks. I remember him crying very loudly during her Burning Day, thinking that she genuinely died. I had to interfere to assure Blueblood that she was still alive and was only playing a cruel joke," giggled Celestia. She turned the page and Luna suddenly laughed very loudly and pointing at a photograph depicting her great-great-great-grandson wearing a chicken suit. Celestia laughed as well. "Oh, he was very adorable when he wore that costume. I sometimes like to tease him about that photo."

"Hey, Auntie, Grandma? What are two looking a- WHAT ARE YOU SHOWING GRANDMA, AUNTIE TIA?!" yelled Blueblood as he entered the room. The two princesses just looked at him and laughed again, saying things involving his cuteness and other embarrassing things.

Celestia is a considerate pony, helping Luna catch up in her duties as offspring dignity deterrant. :trollestia:

2688786 I'm just thinking what would great-aunts and grandmothers do to their great-nephews/grandsons.

2688756 MWUAHAHA!!!! :pinkiehappy:

2688799 Blueblood is best Butt Monkey!:pinkiecrazy::rainbowlaugh:

2688804 True, true... Makes me wonder, had he been an active character in The Wedding, if he would have been able to change anything?

2688953 Unless you can count the possibility that has his hatedom blaming him for the Changeling Invasion, I don't think so. In-universe, I think he would be more suspicious about fake Cadence than Twilight did, him being Cady's little brother. Oh and he would side with Twilight.

2688986 Read it. Not what I meant.

"Twilight, while I would call my Big-Sis-Best-Friend-Forever a meddling mare, 'evil' is not a word I would use for her."

"But-!"

A hoof in her mouth silenced the unicorn. "Having said that... that horrible mare is not my sister."

I'm still thinking about what kind of stallion Luna would've been interested in. The easiest method would be to look at how Blueblood and Cadance and go from there.

Luna is, ultimately, insecure about herself. Unlike Celestia, she wants to be assured of her own station in Equestrian society. I could very well imagine that her lover was a supremely self-assured member of a higher class. Perhaps a bit like Fancy Pants, only more cocky. Somepony she could look up to, even if he was actually beneath her on the social ladder. A commoner might also be possible, though Luna appears much more keenly aware of and insistent on decorum.

So, perhaps, a really charming individual; one who could sweet-talk himself into her good graces, and kept feeding her ego. I think Luna could be very vulnerable to that.

Increasingly vulnerable as she goes through the whole 'nopony appreciates me nearly as much as my sister' thing, snapping shortly after this lover dies/the foal is born?
Unpleasant images of this 'charming' stallion outright taking advantage of her insecurities come to mind. There's probably quite a few good reasons Luna's such a woobie. :pinkiesad2:

"Not your- Wait, how can you know that?" asked Twilight with a puzzled expression.

"Twilight, you and I were somewhat 'friends' when we were little. Don't tell me you forgot that Cadence is my sister and I know everything about my sister," Blueblood replied while frowning.

"Oh. Sorry," Twilight said with her ears down. "What's been going on made me forget everything about the best foalsitter in Equestria."

"Don't appologise. It was a long time since you and I met each other. Now, I'm certain that you want me to help you try to reveal that that 'Cadence' is an imposter, and a horrible one at that," said Blueblood. Twilight perked as she heard him say it and with a determined look, she nodded and they were off.

There's certainly something to that. I wasn't sure if I should've called her "receptive" instead, but let's face it, it'd be playing on her vulnerable nature more than anything else.

Thing is, he doesn't even have to have been a truly bad character. You can be manipulative and not be a bastard. Maybe he actually liked her company, on top of trying to become Prince of the Realm. He could've been convinced he was helping her and himself at the same time, and it wouldn't necessarily be wrong. Maybe that's why Celestia let it happen: because Luna appeared to be getting better, and nopony suspected that she was actually clinging to her lover ever more fiercely.

More on a more active-at-Wedding Blueblood.

"Equestria has more love than any other place I've ever-"

Quite suddenly, the Changeling Queen was blind-sided... by the wedding cake, it's mass covered in an azure aura. With a wet plop and a dry squish, the insect-like creature was thrown of her feet and covered with the white, pink, and blue icing, the yellow actual cake mass filling her cheese-like limbs and horn.

"Monologuing is not a free action!" Prince Blueblood, horn alight, declared.

Lololololol! :pinkiehappy:

Rarity was conflicted. On one hoof, it was nice that the queen would be too distracted with tearing Blueblood limb from limb to notice her and her friends getting the elements to use on her, on the other, HOW DARE HE cover somepony in cake again?!
This feeling, she thought, ...envy?

2701620 And yet... he was dancing out of the fire of every blast and slash she made for him!? What was going on?! Where was the useless ponce? Even when the Queen was disguised, he acted as nothing more than a snob in her presence!

"How are you dodging everything I throw at you!?"

"I have a royal training regime, and I've recently been drinking the most superb herbal tea provided by a lovely zebra!" he mocked, giving a grain of truth.

Zecora made some fabulous tea.

2701620 Above, edited to make him make a Vegeta-esque taunt.

Back we go into Zecora's love hut!
...There are perhaps too many ships to handle, but leaping from ship to ship as ideas come is as good a method as any! :rainbowdetermined2:

'The way to a stallion's heart was through his stomach.'

Zecora had heard this many times since her time in Equestria began, but only now, looking at the pony prince lying sprawled on her sofa with a bloated stomach, did she feel she understood...

The mixtures fed to Blueblood by his favorite zebra were hit and miss, he decided. That's not to say they were bad-not at all! Just that some had less practical applications than others, and probably shouldn't have been binged on. Especially when one was just thirsty.
This was why he laid on her couch, staring at the ceiling while the potion she usually whipped up to alleviate the pain in his organs stewed.
One thing is certain, he thought with an unprincely, though satisfied belch, all of her potions are delicious!

Zecora sighed. "One hour I leave you in my tree, and six bottles of mouthwash lay emp-tied?"

*BEEEEEELCH!!*
It smelled minty~

2701858 Lol! We must take this to the relationships thread! I was just trying to make a Vegeta-like pun using Blueblood.

Also, still need to explore the Gilda idea more, in that thread. Beyond arguing or play-fighting.

Indeed! Did not notice the thread before a scene hit me. :twilightblush:

Just had that idea:

Silver-shod hooves trotted down the corridor in the palace, towards a door with a symbol the form of the compass points. Princess Luna knocked at the door. She hasn't seen her great-great-great-grandson for a few days and she wanted to see if he is all right. The door opened to reveal Prince Vladimir Blueblood's face. Luna was shocked to see him a mess. His mane was unclean and untidy, his coat matted and uncombed, his hooves rough, but what scared Luna the most was that his eyes were bloodshot and tearful.

"Vladimir, what is the matter with you?"

"It's nothing, Grandma. You may leave now," Blueblood sniffed. He attempted to close the door, but Luna kept it open with her hoof wedged in the gap. Normally this would hurt anypony, but Luna, like her sister, is no normal pony.

"Horseapples," she replied very bluntly. "Vladimir, I have known you for about three years and I have seen that you have inherited many of my character. I am seeing that you are having a distress now and I want to help you. Now let me in and tell me what gave you such sadness."

The prince hesitated for a moment and decided to let his great-great-great-grandmother in his room. For a room that housed a distressed prince for a few days, it was kept very tidy. It seems that Vladimir has my late husband's tidyness, Luna thought with a relief. At least he didn't inherit my wild violence during tantrums.

Blueblood walked towards his large bed and grabbed a photo. He showed it to the princess. It showed him and Twilight Sparkle in their teens smiling at the camera. Luna looked at him quizzically. "You know that unicorn filly in the photograph, don't you?" the prince asked Luna. Luna nodded and Blueblood continued. "The thing is, I had and still harbour a crush on Twilight Sparkle."

Luna already knew that of course. His elder sister Cadenza showed her a photo of him kissing Twilight when they were barely nine, but he doesn't know that. "So, why are you so sad about it?" she asked. She despaired when she saw Blueblood tearing up again.

"B-because la-last w-w-week, I m-met her again and sh-she d-didn't even w-wanted t-to l-look at m-me!" sobbed the prince.

"But why wouldn't she-"

"HOW COULD I KNOW THAT SHE WAS FRIENDS WITH THAT SOCIAL CLIMBER?! IF I DID, I WOULD HAVE APOLOGISED IMMEDIATELY!" Blueblood interrupted while he cried.

Luna kept gaping at her grandson and tried thinking of what would her sister tell him in this situation. Then, she thought of the best way to calm Blueblood down. "Shhhh. It's OK, Bluey. Calm down. I will help you apologise to Twilight Sparkle."

Blueblood didn't stop crying, but at least he slowed down. He looked up at his grandmother with hope in his eyes. "Y-you will?"

"Yes. Let me make you hot cocoa to cheer you up, then we will go to Ponyville and speak to Twilight and her friend."

2802829 this is precious.

We need MOAR!!
-0-0-0-0-0-0-

"... So, Twilight Sparkle is not only my sister-in-law, but now she is also an Alicorn by right of Elements of Harmony..."

"That is about right, yes, nephew," Princess Celestia responded with a hesitant smile. She was quite sure of the plan, yes, but not of Vladimir's reaction to it.

Blueblood took a deep, deep breath, as if he was going to scream out his frustrations... but he didn't. "I am content with this."

Princess Celestia blinked, tilting her head ever so slightly. "Huh?"

(Really wishing I had more time for this stuff, it's fun and fairly quick, but still time-consuming enough to not be doable daily. :raritydespair: )

The prince nodded. "Well, I suspect it means she'll be taking on royal duties, no?"

Celestia nodded slowly.

He grinned. "Then it's less Royal Paperwork for me, and I'll bet she'd even be happier to do it! She'll probably need somepony to help her figure out what goes where, when, and how, but once that's through? Smooth sailing!" He gave a conspiratorial look, nudging his solar aunt with the elbow of a foreleg. "You planned this from a while ago, didn't you? Having perhaps the biggest enthusiast for the unison of quill and parchment alive go into governing our fair nation? Those collateral damage forms have been insufferable of late, in number and format."

Celestia seemed to be mulling something over.

Blueblood went on. "I wondered at first why you sent away my sister and what I suppose now amounts to what may or may not technically classify as a prince," the princess gave him a disapproving scowl for belittling Shining Armor's status, but he didn't seem to notice, "but then I remembered Cadence has never had a leg to stand on when it comes to bureaucracy and that her husband, despite relation to Princess Twilight, is more, shall we say, physically oriented?"

She scowled harder, not believing making fun of one's royal peers was a very princely thing to do... Even if she couldn't truthfully say he was wrong on any of those points. Luna, too. Letting her try her hoof at filling out forms had been a complete nightma-err, a mess. Though I'm sure those funds got through eventually...

The prince still didn't seem to notice his aunt's facial expression, going on with a hint of an arrogant smirk. "Really, one wonders how Equestria has held together this long when so few are qualified and capable of dealing with the red tape, I hardly ever even see anypony else in those offices."

Celestia formed a plan, as an ancient being like herself is wont to do. She grinned as Blueblood turned to look at her, head tilted inquisitively.

"Honestly, Auntie, whom are you going to have show her the proverbial ropes? There are quite a few categories of paperwork to be internalized."

It was roughly at this point he noticed the predatory smile as her voice dropped to a whisper. "Ohh, yes, I agree... Somepony who can help her learn what she hasn't studied already, lots and lots of work to be done there." She put a hoof on her chin casually, looking away as if distracted, her pearly teeth still on display. "Now whom-ever is there in my employ that boasts such an extensive knowledge of our systems as to be able to pass it on over the course of several long weeks with a student, ready and eager to learn as muuuuuch as she can?"

She stared directly at him, beaming.

"Uhm," he muttered, "...D-discord?"

She shook her head slowly, smile not diminished in the slightest as she picked him up in her magic and began trotting off toward the archives. "I think we'll be making use of your profound mastery of these things for a while," She took on a sing-song tone, "we still haven't addressed the stacks of paper that came in from that Plunderseed incident, afterall~"

Floating helplessly through the air to what was surely several long hours of staring at what may be sloppy hoof-writing from non-unicorn filing ponies, he had but a single thought. ...Oh, buck me.

(As this is the Relations thread, I feel I should clarify, BB as a ruling-the-country sort of mentor to Twlight, if Celestia doesn't seize that role herself whenever possible. Perhaps Blue would just take care of the less fun bits?)

Blueblood, defender of the system :rainbowlaugh:

How about another variation of the night of the Gala..?
Blueblood, Prince of Equestria, watched his auntie Celestia do her best to rein in the chaos the Grand Galloping Gala had devolved into. Stampedes, fallen statues... horrible music... indeed, the Gala had been a catastrophe.

Especially for his date. After all, he had seen to it. She would never wish to wed him now.

Blueblood squared his shoulders and turned away, marching down the castle's halls to his chambers. A dollop of frosting threatened to run into his eye. He wiped his away with a hoof.
A shower. He needed a shower.

"Auntie, do you think this... 'Twilight Sparkle', will succeed at her entrance exam?"
The great white princess was silent for a while. "I know she will." she finally said, with absolute certainty in her voice.

Blueblood pulled the showe curtains close with his magic. He relaxed under the stream of perfectly temperate water, washing away the accumulated layers of cake splatters, floor dust, and self-loathing.

"Vladimir, why are you crying?"
Blueblood turned to look at his sovereign and aunt, tears streaked over his cheeks.
"I—I saw—Nightmare Moon!" he hiccuped. Celestia's face grew tight, before she broke out in a gentle smile.
"Dear, you just had a nightm—"
"No!" he interrupted her. Celestia blinked, surprised by his behaviour.
"No. I—I saw her, auntie! I saw her! I know she's coming in a few years!" Blueblood wailed. "She's coming to take you away from us!"

It was better this way, he decided. Better that miss Rarity despise him. The beautiful, radiant miss Rarity... who needed to remain in Ponyville. With her friends. Not here, in Canterlot, where she would eventually forget about them. The chaos this evening was a small price to pay for defeating the Chaos yet to come.

No, miss Rarity would remain in Ponyville, and not... with him. Not at his side.

3001113 Interesting. Very interesting.

And then surprise LUNA GLOMP!!

Surprise Luna glomp?

"Great-great-great-grandson!" (glomp)
"Argh... urr... hrngh... auntie..!"
"Well, you two appear to get along great. I'm so happy for you! I'll just leave you alone to have one of the cooks prepare a nice cake for the celebration."
"No... auntie... come back..!"
"Let us hug you, grandson!" (squeezes even harder)
"Hrrrgh... please... air..."

Luna doesn't know her own strength :rainbowlaugh:

Ah, I feel like I didn't get the point of the other post across as I would've liked. It was supposed to be a reference to Lauren Faust's claim that Celestia is partly clairvoyant—and that the royal line inherited her ability, to an extent.

3001536 Oh... Awesome, actually.

Type moar Luna and Blueblood interaction, pwease?

This goes slightly AU-ey due to PC games.

"So Grandson, what are you viewing on that flat box?" Luna asked.

Blueblood's eyes didn't leave the monitor screen when he replied, "First of all, Grandma, that is a Personal Computer, PC for short. And I'm not viewing, I'm playing a game." On the screen was a three-dimensional map full of units and colourful borders. There are cities placed at random spots too. Suddenly came a message which said 'A barbarian camp spawned' and on the map marked that the camp spawned near his borders. Blueblood groaned at that.

Luna looked confused. "So, what you are doing with this... Personal Computer... is playing a game?" she asked, not understanding why would anyone want to stay indoors all day to play something in a magical box.

Blueblood didn't reply to that. It was only after he killed the barbarians and clicked on 'Next Turn' that he turned towards his time-displaced grandmother. "It's not only used for games, that is just my hobby. I also use it for work," he explained. He heard a particular music playing and he turned to the screen to see a furious looking Celestia on her throne with a word 'Hostile' next to her name. Underneath her name was her message: 'My words are backed by nuclear weapons.' Blueblood had a sinking feeling when he read this. Equestria's already has nukes?! he thought as he exited Equestria's angry message. Then came a denunciation message from Comula Nimbus of the Roaman Empire. He exited the message and after that came the one thing he dreaded the most, a war message from Naponeon of Prance with an admittedly catchy music. Two words summed it up: he's bucked.

As Luna watched him getting his flanked kicked by the Prench, then the Equestrianis and Roamans, she told him, "You know, there is one thing I am really sure you have gotten from me. You are not very good at diplomacy." She left him while Blueblood was having his Unicorn Kingdom of Adharchacia destroyed by three most powerful empires in the map.

Oh please, please, this is so dam funny, Hahaha :rainbowlaugh:

3002391 What do you like most of it?

3002308 I'm with Derpsby on this! AWESOME!!

My favorite part is the whole 'bad at diplomacy' comment.

3002421 I bet you two have guessed which game was it.

3002435 I see, thanks to the music links, but I've never been good at such games.

3002442 I usually keep it at low difficulty so I can play for fun without having to worry about over-competent opponents.

I absolutely loved Luna's reaction. It was priceless! And absolutely believable! Luna is indeed not very diplomatic, being insecure, headstrong, and easily offended. And watching her watch her grandson flailing and failing so epically at Civilization... oh, their interaction was so endearing!

3002499 I would imagine her permanently concluding that Blueblood should never work in embassies or diplomatic visits when she saw that he had even angered Celestia to the point of her declaring war on him.:rainbowlaugh:

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 215