Give Blueblood Some Character! 593 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I'm currently considering Blueblood for a role in my story, "The Trial of Cozy Glow". No, not Yukito's one where he plays the prosecutor with his usual lack of character, but I was also thinking of giving him a legal role. I'm not sure which side to put him on though, or what interpretation of his character to use.

Should he be a pro bono public defender because it's not like he needs the money, or only use his name and prestige to help guilty ponies get off so that they owe him? A fearless persecutor of criminal scum, or a prosecutor so lazy no case of his has gone to a second day? Or is the idea of him practicing law, even/especially in the Highest Court in the land, just too unbelievable?

What do you think, Blueblood fans? (And would you hire him as your lawyer?)

Being that he Celestia's nephew, I think Blueblood would be for upholding the law of the land. What Cozy Glow did was pretty serious so he probably goes for the max penalty.

That’s a pretty good question, and really it’ll probably come down to your own preference. Will he stand in as prosecutor to uphold the law of the land? Or as defender, making sure Cozy Glow gets her fair shake?

Here’s another alternative: He is the defender. Cozy Glow is guilty, Blueblood knows she is guilty, and wants absolutely nothing to do with her that doesn’t involve seeing her off on her journey across the Styx, but works hard to defend her anyway, forcing the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she is guilty, because his feelings on the matter are immaterial compared to the sacred rite of due process.

Anyway, food for thought.

Interesting. I'd have him be an amicus curiae. He wouldn't have any sort of legal degree, just a passing fascination, but he'd be well studied in the law. Perhaps Twilight or Cadance brought up the case around him, having second thoughts about the sentence, so he delves into the matter as a way to assuage them. That doesn't mean he isn't careful and nuanced, though. That just makes his case all the stronger when he does win.

Those are all very interesting thoughts!

Me, I'd go towards making him a competent lawyer. Maybe he doesn't get so much negative coverage despite being kind of an ass is because he knows the legal ins and outs enough to defend himself in court? Maybe he's a bumbler when it comes to interpersonal relations but quite skilled in a well-structured, well-defined setting? The IDW comics state he's actually a capable diplomat because he knows how to prepare himself for the conduct. It's just when he's in a situation where he couldn't that he keeps shoving his hoof in his mouth, and not maliciously so, he just doesn't know any better. In a courtroom, where everyone present is defined by their roles, he can probably move quite smoothly. He's not there to make friends, after all.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5