Give Blueblood Some Character! 593 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

I... I just figured I better make this thing an entire thread, since my mind gets stuck on it more than any other one in "Blueblood's Relationships" the thread.

Plus, about a year ago, there was a holiday one-shot brought out starring these two, Lightning Dust, Miss Harshwhinny, Donut Joe, Trixie Lulamoon, and Sweetie Belle.

Blueblood's and Gilda's part in it ended with a kiss and flight to Blueblood's place. XD

Anyway... Come here for thoughts on this, whether Unholy Matrimony (unlikely situation, given Gilda's reconciliation with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie) or SHENANIGANS, like Blueblood getting Gilda a pendant that Discord just so happened to enchant being their back.

I swear that I did not pay Snow123 for the ad. >_>

I'm getting to that in my own story, though it might be a while.

Blueblood and Gilda

That makes more sense than it probably should.

I hope to be posting a bit of progress on my own idea for the two later this month, if not some time in January. :coolphoto:

4926577 Oh Dan, I've been shipping this -at least in my head- LONG before that story came along. XD

4926631 I know, right?

Anybody/pony curious just wtf I meant by that whole 'enchanted pendant' crap? XD

Well, perhaps BB, in the wake of that Yuletide silliness, may have felt a little bauble as a gift for Hearth's Warming -for Gilda- might be warranted. *shrug* Discord involvement would be... trolling or actual well-meaning enchantment gone awry because "chaos and shenanigans". Really, this was just joked on to be some tongue-in-cheek scenario.

No reason. No M-rating. Just laughs. Lots of personal laughs.

Magic Topaz, silver-encrusted necklace, bought as mundane jewelry, enchanted by Discord. Side-effects include becoming titan-sized and wanting blood-thirsty revenge on Tatzlwurms while dragging along your new coltfriend to watch.

*shrug of awkward* ... *Alphys-like nervousness*

Magic Topaz, silver-encrusted necklace, bought as mundane jewelry, enchanted by Discord. Side-effects include becoming titan-sized and wanting blood-thirsty revenge on Tatzlwurms while dragging along your new coltfriend to watch.

Sorry, but I don't share your fetishes. No shame, though. :trollestia:

Still think having Celestia send him to Griffonstone to help them rebuild has potential. I mean, the comics are sending him off to Yakyakistan, for crying out loud!

4929444 I agree on that. Blueblood having to deal with being snubbed. XD

:moustache: Again, nothing M-rated. Just laughs. We once joked at the idea of Blueblood having a... complex... due to the most positive influence of his life being Princess Celestia. Hence, cuddling up in a literal forest of feathers.

Still, Derpsby has made a good idea out of bringing up the possibility of him being sent to help with Griffonstone's situation. Maybe he gets sent along with Pinkie Pie, for more laughs, and because she knows the place more (and isn't a weather manager, sorry Dashie).

4929444 Hello?

I miss brainstorming with all of you.

I'll say this: Griffonstone's latest showing in the comics was... not very good. It didn't feel like it connected with much in the show. Gilda herself was okay. Fosgitt did manage to bring out a certain smugness at times without making her unlikeable.

Rock on, little catbird.

Blueblood, meanwhile, I'm a bit stuck on; reason being that I want to see what the comics will do with him. If it's useable, great! If not, hey, I'm sure I can do better if I really put my mind to it! With some luck, they'll dive into a possible background. Now that's something I'd like to know more about!

Actually makes as much or more sense than Blueblood and Trixie, probably because it plays less with Brony stereotypes of the characters and more with what we've actually seen in the show.

4992239 Oh, dat smug face. :D

4992246 Perhaps so.

How so? I think most fans found Blueblood and Trixie a good fit due to both having an ego the size of a small planet and potentially a grudge against Twilight (both things probably not so much an issue anymore now). How do you figure Gilda and Blueblood fit together?

4996723 I think, personally, that Blueblood and Gilda is a more "believeable" pairing in that any issues between each other they would have to work through wouldn't just stem from something as petty as their egos. Trixie and Blueblood... I just never could see a relationship working if the only real 'reason' for it was ego and stereotypes of being petty unicorns with, ahem, dandy speech patterns.

With Gilda and Blueblood, part of the reason it works more and seems believable is because they wouldn't be soundboards of ego off of each other. When you really break it down, either Blueblood or Trixie is always made to be the more dominant of the relationship, not portrayed as on equal footing. With Gilda and Blueblood, it feels to be there IS that equality. Not mathematically, not in Starlight Glimmer's mindset, but that both have this... headstrong-ness we portray them with.

See Eyeswirl's fic. XD

The dominant vs. equal approach to a possible relationship is something I hadn't considered as such, true. Eyeswirl does put an interesting spin on the pairing; that does start off as a professional relationship first, which is more believable than most others indeed. Gilda and Blueblood wouldn't otherwise wouldn't have that many interests in common, at least from what we know about the two characters. If you ask me, IDW dropped the ball in not sending Blueblood to Griffonstone to show what his special talent could be.

5002751 What did the Yak comic involving him and Shining Armor lead to, or has that come out yet?
Nevermind. Checked. Not till March. DARN IT.

I am disappointed in myself, starting this thread and then... well, not discussing much at all. *sigh* Need to correct this travesty!

There really is more fuel for this, thinking on it... With Blueblood's diplomatic success with the YAKS of all civilizations of grumps in the comics, and the apparent lack of awareness of Griffonstone's current... issues... Send him there to check things out, and boom... Way to meet at least.

That's quite right. It's even more pertinent to the comics as those have played up some form of hostile relationship between Yaks and Griffons. There's one where the threat of war between those two species looms, if memory serves; some other Griffon kingdom than Griffonstone. Considering the state Griffonstone is in and Equestria's ignorance of that state, as you pointed out, once Rainbow Dash and Pinkie informed Princess Twilight, it would make sense to send a skilled diplomat there.

Ooh! Especially if you tell said diplomat it's a mission to help spread Friendship. A friendship lesson! It would be Celestia's MO to tell Blueblood he has to go there to assist Gilda (who might have become queen by that time), but have one of the goals be for him to learn more about it...

5876404 That is true.

"... No wonder Griffon Scones are so awful..."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23