Give Blueblood Some Character! 593 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Perhaps the fact that I'm a huge nerd is showing here, but I've always loved the idea of assigning alignments to characters a la Dungeons and Dragons. For those who aren't sure what I'm talking about, here's an article that explains it fairly well.

So, theories?

What theories?

Canon Blueblood is Lawful Stupid. He believes in rules, and anything that does not fit in his idea of the world causes idiocy.

I'd say... lawful.

Lawful something, anyway.

Typically that kind of "don't touch me Low Class is a very lawful thing. It is adhering to the order of society, after all.

I suppose it might not be 100%, he could be lying or pretending or just a chaotic person who happens to be arrogant.

4673134 what how so? (the stupid part)

Howso stupid? He continues to act in accordance to what he perceives as rules, even when reality strongly suggests he would be better off taking five to review his rulebook and maybe vet it a little.

Given what little we've seen of him in canon, that's actually quite hard to say. The only things we really know about him are that he is an egotist, does not like 'common carnival fare' (which, given some of the carnival food I've seen and eaten, might actually be a legitimate gripe, especially for those not used to eating those sorts of food), does not like getting dirty and was a jerk to Rarity (though, being a prince, he was probably used to having others do things for him, especially the whole opening the doors thing).

(Please note, none of the things I mentioned excuse his or any other bad behavior, just reasons as to why it occurs.)

Personally, I've always viewed Blueblood as being more a neutral character. He has neither the reasons or backbone to be evil (And I'd like to think that family loyalty is one of his redeeming traits), but he's too arrogant and cowardly to be a true hero on the level of Celestia or Twilight (but not incapable of heroic action).

My best guess to an alignment is Lawful Neutral. Loyal to the royal courts, as well as all their bureaucracy, to a fault, yet at the same time not exactly above using devious or underhanded means to support them.

I don't bet on alignments. They're far too two-dimensional.

4673230 seem more Like stubornness

4674354 Lawful and stubornness

Have you ever noticed how often "stubborn" can be replaced with "stupid" without any change in context? ^_^ Particularly so, in situations that don`t involve survival or holding out for grand ideals?

Oh dear. You happen to be quite stubborn yourself, aren`t you? Well, that`s OK. Maybe. Probably. I mean, it might end up getting you killed, maimed or ruined for no good reason at all, buuut.. yeah, I got nothing. S`a liability without any fringe benefits to put up with.

4675445 yeah that true but stubbornness is from what I see different from stupidity

Potato, potatoe.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16