Give Blueblood Some Character! 593 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

Because why not? XD

In seriousness, I love love love love love Eyeswirl's new story! Love it! Can't wait to see where it goes!

But we can still speculate on the unlikely, right?

Actually, this might be in good timing, with the opening 3 parts done, I have no concrete ideas and almost certainly won't be updating any time soon. Very much open to suggestions, preferably including parody of somethingorother. :pinkiehappy:

Still, I'd feel weird talking about it in this group without relating to the group name. Luckily, there's very little visible character development in what I've written so far. Can anyone even tell, outside the first chapter maybe, what sort of personality he might have? :ajsmug:
Unless I was being a lot more obvious than suspected. :applejackunsure:

3348358 Pompous, yet well meaning. Snobby, but with a good-heart... and a limited tolerance of stupidity.

XD If I didn't read too far into it, I think that the Mane-Iac just fell head-over-hooves for Blueblood's appearance... his well-kept mane.

Next up, perhaps Darksied expy pony?

Maybe making something other than Marvel/DC expies? Asterix maybe?

3349960 Pretty much, but with more to come later. :twilightsmile:

Her being attracted to a near-perfect mane even after having been tightly packed under a cowl hadn't occurred to me, but that is brilliant! :pinkiehappy:

Having read the character's wiki page, I think I have an idea for it as the big villain at the end of a later string of stuff. He might come from a comic written in the Crystal Empire, based on a monstrous tyrant the crystal ponies will never have to fear again, but still haven't forgotten about, and thus wove into modern entertainment. :coolphoto:

3350110 awesome... and you're welcome for inspiration. Now, if only we could squeeze in Harshwhinny.

3350110 Hm... Let me think on other heroes and associated characters... The Mane Six are already covered, so if Fluttershy is ever in, she's Saddle Rager... And Rainbow Dash has Storm...

Hm... Maybe Harshwhinny into a Tigra or Cheetah expy? Greer Grant is fun, as is the idea of a pony transforming into some tiger-like or cheetah-like creature. OR... she could become an expy of certain fire-based heroes, such as Fire of DC fame, or the Marvel characters Human Torch (Pony Torch?), Firestar (her ability to produce micro-wave radiation bursts as fire is... odd), or even Magma (Amara Aquilla of the New Mutants). That last one has geo-pyro-and-thermokenesis AND can take the form of living lava, even survive in the stuff.

Well, they did always say Earth Ponies have a connection to the earth... hence the name.

Hmm... Maybe if there were a certain 'theme' of some sort, if that makes sense, that she fit in. Blueblood as Batman can be funny because Batman is capable of pulling off pretty much whatever he needs to with flawless efficiency where Blueblood gets by more on dumb luck and desperate, spur-of-the-moment action, still posing as though that was exactly what he'd meant to happen. (Though I think Batman does that too, sometimes...) Derpy as Super Man can be funny because Derpy wants to help just as much as the original 'boy scout' superhero would, only she has half a clue at best what she's doing with her super powers.

It doesn't have to be 'X bumbles about when they're supposed to be good at this', but something that makes 'X playing as Y' fun to watch, you know? I'm not sure what that would be for Harshwhinny off the top of my head.

Can think of a way to involve her in the comics industry, though! :pinkiehappy:

3354330 Hm... Let me think...

Captain Marvel pony?

3354330 Basically, Harshwhinny is a professional, by choice, but a closet cheerleader, in a sense...

... Make her into an Expy of Venom, Carnage, or Toxin. Toxin equals Earth-Pony-Super-Strength to the Nth degree.

I'm not sure symbiotes could be used as heroes without so much rearranging things that they're hardly identifiable, but I think I've got an idea for our favorite critic. :pinkiesmile:

On an unrelated note, as Vallett suggested, there is territory outside super heroes that could be woven into the story as well, so long as the fictional verses being traversed by Blueblood, Spike, and whoever else drops in, for whatever reason, are written in comic form, in-universe, if that makes sense.

I'm thinking The Matrix with Iron Will as a more aggressive Morpheus, for instance. Assertiveness lessons taken to reality itself, more or less how The Matrix's physics-warping abilities work, I think.
---
"Morphitaur's my name, training freedom fighters is my game!" His following sentences were accompanied with related pantomimes. "Building too tall, you RUN UP THE WALL! They come at you, you COME AT THEM TOO! Someone tries to dodge, you UNLEASH A BARRAGE!!" The last was shouted with a quick flurry of punches at the empty air. Fast punches, he noted.

"...And with this," Onyp (Neo) inquired, eyebrow raised behind his dark spectacles in faint disbelief "I'll be able to dodge the pies (bullets) thrown by those Deer?" (Agents)

"When the time comes, little man," Morphitaur said, crossing his muscular arms, "you won't need to."

3357541 You don't know Toxin that well, do you? XD

Nope! Not all that well-versed on comic books as a whole, to be honest. :derpytongue2:

3357816 Spawn of Carnage, Toxin is the first 'good' Symbiote, stronger than the combined might of Venom and Carnage, with endurance stronger than them plus Spider-Man. Like Saddle Rager, the suit makes its host bulk-up when angered, but its relationship is more mutualistic than even Venom and Carnage with their original hosts... but it also has some mean-streak independence. It separated from its first host for a time simply for being called a monster and said host refusing to apologize. Same when he called it that on a blog, destroying the laptop it was typed on. XD

3357816 ... No comments?

Been up to other things, vague idea of how changeling goo used in mad science might result in something like a symbiote that could work for parody purposes, (changing the host's personality in the same manner the bug-ponies change shape?) will hopefully get around to a new chapter or two before summer ends?
That's all I got for now, sorry. :twilightsheepish:

3359551 two or three, I hope! X3

Hm... So instead of poison and bloodshed, pain and misery, name themes, the fictional changelings' goo-symbiotes would have reflection and insect-based names? Mirror Match? Copycat? Chameleon? Queen Bee?

I'm thinking Second Skin, allusion to masks and their hidey-ness, other person when on and such. Possible funnies related to mistaken identity. :coolphoto:

3359672 That works.

"We... are Second Skin!"

Batmane!Blueblood: ... Ew.

I'm sorry for necroposting, but this idea came to me just today. An idea for a possible Ponyvillian thrust into the role of villain—a Ponyvillain, if you will!

This here is Livewire:

A former schock jock known as Leslie Willis:

Now tell me this isn't a perfect fit..?

I can definitely see the connection, maybe one of those chapters where the guest star plays a bad-guy-ish role? Or a vaguely heroized version of the character. Definitely something to consider when I get back to that story. :pinkiesmile:

3571722 Wow, that is perfect... O_O

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23