Lauren Faust's OC 435 members · 56 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

In an blatant attempt to revitalize this group I ask you who is the Fausticorn to you? Is she simply the mother to the Sisters, or is she the divine mother of ponydom? I know everyone has their own thoughts on this, and given that Her Ladyship is a member as well things will be interesting.

:rainbowderp: Wow, now you mention it, I can't really decide... :derpytongue2:

839842 I see her as sort of a mother to all...including myself, by relationship anyway, when I'm rping on the site. for example, rp wise, I'm Gamer Luna's coltfriend, and will be marrying her soon enough. so, I have taken to calling Lady Fausticorn, by 'Mother' as well. but to myself personally, I see her as a mother to Luna and Celestia, maybe to the rest of ponydom as well...

Usually, lore-wise, I see her as the mother of Celestia and Luna and the elder goddess of all ponykind.

I was planning on writing a story where Fausticorn is something like the creator of the universe, though she's not directly the mother of the Princesses

Most of the time I see her character in play she's maternal to the Sisters. Though there's also the out-of-left-field take on it, such as in the Statued Discord Replies tumblr where she is (only/also) Discord's mother.

well, they didn't give her a 'create' poster for nothing...

I suppose since I am the one to ask the question I better add my two cents in. For me the Fausticorn is teh goddess Epona, the Great Mother of the Ponies. While she didn't create the ponies (or at least their ancestors) she is their patron goddess. Also in some weird metaphysical way she is the ancestor to all the Alicorns who have live, are living.

Also found another Fausticorn fic, they're there guys we just have to get looking

Fausticorn
Group Admin

Also found another Fausticorn fic, they're there guys we just have to get looking

I've only seen two fics so far, which are readable without shuddering or a compulsion to apply a proofreader's strict blood-red quill, and fit this group. They're there, but the haystack isn't big enough to contain needles. :raritydespair: They're both in the Main folder for that very reason. The third one in there has an interesting premise, but has vanished into thin air. I'm hoping that the author picks it up again, but there's been no activity on that front for a half-dozen months :twilightoops:.
EDIT: "The Overworked Alicorn" is surprisingly not all that bad. Needs lots of editing, but at least it actually has a non-cringe-inducing plot.

I like to think of her as ACTUALLY Lauren Faust, a normal person in our world, but an omnipotent goddess in the My Little Pony universe, as well as the universes of the other stories she has created, and that it's like that for every story; no matter who the author or artist is in their own universe, the universe they create sees them as a god/goddess. However, after millions of years, only Celestia and Luna remember her as their original creator, and see her as the all powerful shaper of the universe, while she is the creator, but the world shapes itself now.

That felt ramble-y. To understand it better, read this story. It's the story that put it into my headcanon.

839842 The Creator-Deity of Equestria.

She is the Mare that drove the dark times from Equestria and brought it into it's golden age.

She fought against the dark forces of shitty characters, bad plots, and stereotypical girls shows. She defeated all of these with one fell swoop of her quill.

She is the bringer of light, the destroyer of darkness, she is life, she is love, she is everything.

And the human Faust is the only tolerable feminist out there.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11