Adventures - AU 776 members · 1,445 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin

If anyone's a good artist, or a good Photoshop user, I think it'd be cool to have this group an interesting banner. If you have a suggestion for one, just post it here or PM nd and I'll put it up, crediting where I got it, of course. I'd do it myself, but I suck tits at art.

I wanted to say, "how does sucking those have anything to do with adventure?"

Then I realized... it could be an adventure...

Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin

2314254 Erry time I drink a girl's milk, it tastes different. I personally like the girls who eat lots of strawberries and other fruits. Their milk tastes sweeter. (trollololol as if I'd effin' know that.)

Hey there! I consider myself to be a pretty half decent artist, and I'm interested in designing a banner for this group. Always been a fan of alternate universes and adventures, so this sort of thing is the peanut butter to my jam (err... so to speak. Ignore if allergic to nuts).

If you'd like to take a sample of my works, I have some of my pieces on my profile, and my deviantart is also linked there. I've also designed a few banners for other groups, so that if you like a look at those, I can link you to them as well.

Anywho, if you'd like me to draw something up, just give me a description of what'd you like! I also have a few ideas of my own if you want to leave me to my own devices. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin

2315020 After checking out your art, I'd have to say that I'd love to see a banner made by you! The idea I was thinking about was to take characters from different stories in the group (like 1 character from a story in each folder or something), and set them up like the TF2 group shot, or something similar. (I don't even play tf2 since my laptop sucks for gaming, but I couldn't think of another roster-esque pic that could be used.)

For example, I might suggest a character from The Pokemon Crusaders or The Sword Coast. Those two stories are from the Anime/Manga folder and the Video Game x-over folder, respectively. We have a big selection of fics to choose from, so getting a nice, varied selection of characters shouldn't be too hard, though I wouldn't want to ask too much of you.

Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin

2315020 So, you up to making a banner? :twilightsheepish:

2317214 2355781
Ah yes, sorry about the laps in communications. Really busy week. :ajsleepy:

For the suggestion of the banner, I think a group pose of all the different characters from all the different alternate universes would look great! :pinkiehappy:

However, I suppose I see crossovers (canon universe, well, crossed over with a completely different universe) as a little distinct from alternate universes (canon universe with some aspect about its premise changed). Of course, applying the second definition too liberally would make all fanfics alternate universe (like, woah? :rainbowderp:). But I hope you get my point. I generally don't want to be drawing things from a completely different universe nor would I want to draw a menagerie of OC characters (bless their hearts, but that is only if I'm drawing for crossover or OC groups).

Now I kinda want the team roaster to be familiar, yet otherworldly, which pretty much screams alternate universe, so I'm thinking maybe a group of the canon characters with a visible outsiderness to them. Say, Applejack from Asylum, Rarity from The Three Sisters (or Sweetie Belle from The Sweetie Belle Chronicles), Dusk Shine from On a Cross and Arrow, and so on. There's of course a lot of AU stories that I haven't read yet, so I will need some of your help to decide what to include as well as their descriptions. Hopefully this sounds like a good way forward? :twilightsheepish:

Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin

2358619 Shining Armor, Applejack, or Rarity from The Sword Coast, because Shining Armor is a Black Knight, AJ has a flail/ball-n-chain weapon, and Rarity has a magic bow. One of those characters from that specific fic would be my choice (It's a Baldur's Gate crossover, a video game I've never played but one that seems awesome after what I've read of it), as well as Twilight from Hard Reset (possibly in her little black dress and carrying Home Run, her baseball bat), and the rest from other fics (Like one of them from the fic A World without Rainbows, possibly Pinkie or AJ in that regard) that are in the different folders. If you only want to do the Mane 6, or are okay with doing a (selected by you) group out of the Mane 14 (Mane 6 + CMC 3 + Mane 2 Princesses + Cadance and Shining), then however you want to go about doing it is fine by me.

Good LORD I hope that made ANY sense whatsoever. :twilightoops::twilightblush:

Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin

2358619 And don't worry about busy weeks, I completely understand. Which reminds me, I need to make a blog post!

Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin

2358619 My own definition for the crossovers as I have them in my folders is that the MLP characters and universe is within a different setting. Such as Twilight and Pinkie Pie being shadowspawn and living in Candlekeep, yet there also being a place called Ponyville that they eventually meet Rarity in, that sort of thing.

Alright, work has started on the banner! Sorry for taking so long! :twilightblush: I didn't realize how small the banner is suppose to be, and it really made things difficult to fit everyone in without compromising composition too much. Here's the sketch of what I have planned:

From left to right, we have:
Applejack from The Sword Coast
Rainbow "Blue Bolt" Dash from Sunshine and Fire
Pinkie Pie from A World Without Rainbows
Butterscotch (Male Fluttershy) from On a Cross and Arrow
Twilight Sparkle from Hard Reset
Rarity/Pupa from The Three Sisters

Take a look over it and see what needs revising, else if you're perfectly satisfied, then I can proceed to finish it. Hope you like what I have so far! :twilightsmile:

Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin

2467866 Oh gosh, I just man squealed.... I didn't even THINK about Sunshine and Fire, and that's I've of the first AU fics I ever read! (I'm not counting FO: E since it's future and therefore canonical plausible, if completely unlikely)

I like what you have thus far immensely, and other than the fact that Twilight looks more manic than I think she really got in Hard Reset, everything is simply fabulous. :rainbowkiss:

Glad you're liking it so far! And that's quite a coincidence because Sunshine and Fire was the very first Alternate Universe fics I've read as well (and while it was still in Fanfiction.net too)! I still consider it among the best in my humble opinion.

Heh, Twilight's expression would be my doing (technically, all of their expressions are my doing, but that's besides the point). :twilightsheepish: I kinda live and breath maniacal expressions because they are just so fun to do (heck, look at my avatar). But if you want me to calm her down a tad, just give the word. :raritywink:

Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin

2473249 Nah, it's all good. I have the mountain man axe murderer look down pat, and my beard isn't all that long. I pull it off with my eyes and twisted smile. I got a guy who was burlier than me to step aside with that look, though that might've also been because he was drunk.

Heh, considering that I have a habit of making all the faces I draw, I'm glad that I have a private place to do my art. :derpytongue2:

Oh, and I'm starting to contact all the authors for permission to use their characters. Though now I've came across a snag: I couldn't find alternate Pinkie Pie anywhere in A World Without Rainbows. Would you be kind as to point me to her introduction? That would be much appreciated. :twilightsmile:

Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin

2504165 second or third act. She's Nightmare Moon's pet/jester and very definitely sad and not as we know her.

Super_Big_Mac
Group Admin

2504165 Hello, sorry to bother you, but I was wonderin' how you were doin'. A friend of mine did an art for the banner, so with yours, we'd actually have two to choose from, and choice is always a plus in these things!

Lemme know if you're progressing, or if you've scrapped it, k? I'd be fine with it either way, but it's been a while and I was curious.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17