The New Lunar Republic 1,790 members · 768 stories
Comments ( 32 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 32

New story idea, i need help deciding which side the members of the mane 6 should be on, i already decided to have spike on the side of the lunar revellion.

So either lunar republic or solar empire, my story will involving the solar empire being evil

I've always envisioned the mane 6 as neutral and trying for peace. Even though there are some sides they could take, I think their friendship is too strong to break over war, and they can see what would happen to the world if one side won. Either the world will burn or freeze.

If you really want to seprate them then I say Twilight, Rainbow, and Fluttershy for solar
Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie for Lunar

4961072 I think they'd take to the side of Celestia, all of the mane 6. Because Twilight is the wisest in their group, and she's also the leader, and she's also the student of Celestia, and has fought Luna before. Which is why, I think the entire mane 6 would be on Celestia's side. As she's really the leader of Equestria. It's actually more of "Equestria vs. The New/Old Lunar Republic" as Equestria was still Equestria with or without Luna.

4961082 thanks for the thoughts, but for my story, luna isnt evil lol, so no world turning to ice or eternal night

I think Twi will stick by Celestia, maybe turning g later. Pinkie and Rarity and Fluttershy I can see sticking with Luna, Rainbow and AJ probably with Celestia if you can play it right, as in she doesn't seem evil. I mean, If she seems evil the only person I can see sticking with her is Twi.

4961089 butfor what im doing in the story, celestia is actually evil, also the video i added should givr some detail as what im thinking for the story if it helps

Plus with Spike taking Luna's side, having Two on Celestia's would be very interesting.

4961098 No I know, I don't exactly see Celestia as a "good" character at all, but if she was evil, she'd be manipulative and smart, she'd already have Twilight on her side, and could explain it anyway she wanted, and twilight (leader of the mane 6) could simply explain it to her friends, and they'd follow her like dogs. Although, if she saw some of the cruelties committed by Sunlight Warriors, some horrible torture or something of Lunar Soldiers, that may change the game and have her totally destroy the Solar empire from it's core, Celestia.

4961097 that is actualy kinda what i was thonking, cause i was probably going to have rainbow stick with the wonderbolts

4961102 good point...hmm

4961110 Just something to think about. . .

4961091 oh. Then twilight should be solar, because she is close to celestia. Applejack should be solar because farmers need the sun for farming. Fluttershy and Pinkie could be United Equestria because they would want everyone happy and at peace. Rarity would be lunar because she is used to night life. Rainbow dash could go either way.

4961119 lol thanks for the help

I think the mane six or at least rainbow and aj would be solar

4961104 Yeah, I think that's the best way to play it. If you need more help, feel free to pm me. I'd love to read this when it goes up.

Comment posted by Frostbite4 deleted Jan 4th, 2016

4961169 http://youtu.be/AqPmCq9zNvI this story was kinda my inspiration for it, gave me the idea of "what if"

Realistically, pretty much none of the mane 6 would go with Luna if a civil war broke out, unless we had both princesses acting very, very out of character. Celestia has been the sole protector and caretaker of Equestria for over a millennia without a hitch. We can't stress this point enough as it is an enormous accomplishment that she pulled this off not by tyranny, but by making her subjects content and happy. She's the ruler they, their parents, and their grandparents not just grew up, but prospered under and they are very loyal to her. To have someone who until recently was seen as a monster show up, launch a civil war, and even half the 6 side with her means that all their years under Celestia were utterly pointless. Time and time again history shows up people dislike change in rule and will stick with that's not only familiar, but liked by them. Not every rebellion are freedom fighters going against tyranny, in fact many many times the 'rebels' were just as bad or good, if not even worse than whoever was in-charge previous.

The Civil War storyline requires a lot of leaps in logic and characters behaving very differently than they do in canon. This video is just one such case. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqPmCq9zNvI&feature=youtu.be
Seriously, when has Celestia ever seemed xenophobic and Luna any better?

The only way I can see it being canonical is Luna staying evil and mind-controlling a good portion of the populace like how Sombra did in the Crystal War timeline.

I like this idea very much! Good luck with it!

Ps: You could let only Twilight choose the side of Luna. ( Don't blame me for OOC, it is an alternate universe!:heart:) Seeming as Celestia has "become" a tyrant, which Twilight knows off, but her friends not.:moustache:

So much room for possibilities!:yay:

4961215 if you need some inspiration for spike heres something
link

4961245 well its just a story, not like im changing the whole tv series from it

4961260 im not sure what im looking for

4961256 lol yea, i went with a what if kind of perspective

4961377 spike becoming the Republic champion or the whole kamen rider eternal night thing

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 32