I Just Want a Comment 3,671 members · 15,703 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

"How to Host a Party" by Uz Niamat

EHow to Host a Party
Sunset Shimmerʼs friends realize theyʼve never been at her place. To remedy this, Sunset decides to host her first sleepover. How hard can it be?
Uz Naimat · 3.5k words  ·  78  2 · 1.9k views

Having read this story before and then coming back when asked for a review gave me some time to think about this one. If you want to read something that is short and sweet and feels like you're looking into a written form of canonical EqG content, then this story will not disappoint.

Sunset and her friends are well written, their dialogue fitting into how we've grown to expect these girls to behave. However, it looks more into Sunset's life outside of school and the personal strengths it takes for her to meet expectations. The author does use a few phrases here and there that, for me, sound awkward, and that did impact the flow of how I read this story. Nevertheless, it still holds up pretty well even upon a second reading.

Number ratings are arbitrary, but I do them anyway because it makes me think about how I want to classify a story's strength and weaknesses. As a short-story, I'll rate it a 9/10. The premise is deceptively simple and the author manages to turn it into a good short read. The pacing is well done as it gets into the head of Sunset Shimmer without dragging out a simple (but not basic) dilemma.

Thank you so much for the kind words. Appreciate it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2