The Mojave Express 1,108 members · 86 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Do you guys prefer you're Fallout experience to be on the more serious side(fallout 1 and 3), or the silly side(2 and NV with wild wasteland)?

I cant decide.:unsuresweetie:

Happy Birthday to Me!

Explodium
Group Contributor

All of the fallout games follow the same lines, if you think about it. It is a blend of dark themes and black humor to lighten the atmosphere. Although there are much less funny moments in 3 they are still there, like pretty much everything that comes out of Moira's mouth. On the other hand, Fallout 2, while having an abundance of humor instantly drops it and becomes super-serious the moment you go to the oil rig.

So in short, I like myself a mix of the two.

ed2481
Group Contributor

A good mix is the best

I say a good mix of the two. They mostly have a dark atmosphere but also have some funny moments thrown in.

Stupid fucking mungo.

Edmar Fecler
Group Contributor

are we talking the actual game being serious or silly, or are we talking whether the player makes their character silly or serious? :applejackunsure:

505092 I meant the overall tone and experience.

I prefer a serious tone with maybe a few moments of humor worthy of a facepalm.

A mix of both.

Usually depends on my mood and what I feel like at the moment, though.

Edmar Fecler
Group Contributor

505305 in that case yea, i generally like an equal mixture of both, maybe with a bit more silly at times. :pinkiesmile:

A mix, it just wouldn’t be the same if it was straight up either. Although to be fair when it is more serious it does make the whole thing feel more believable. At the same time there are funny situations that are believable when you think about it, the way Sarsparilla star caps leads you to an ageless guardian that’s an animatronic dummy and a legendary treasure that turns out to be a pile of tacky sheriff badges. I found it hilarious how some pre-war contest turned into an urban legend regarding treasure people have killed each other over, not the killing but that’s what you get from black humour.
I also consider Moira brown the Pinkie pie of the wasteland in a way. :pinkiehappy:

Frank DuFresne (Doc)
Group Contributor

A mix of both.
506077 No, that award goes to No Bark.

506261 Damn it, I forgot about him. Then again, he never did anything quite as constructive as Moira or Pinkie.

Late Night Delight
Group Contributor

The game, in my opinion, should have a mix of the two. But it should be in different situations. I like it serious if it's something like Dead Money or Lonesome Road, parts of the game that made me fear long stretches of roads, enclosed spaces, and open doors. The humor can be sprinkled here and there, and sometimes I genuinely laugh at certain things.

Then again, I'm pretty crazy in the game. I walked through Mojave Outpost murdering each NCR trooper with a combat knife while singing "Maneater" So it all depends on how you wanna play.

OWB on the other hand is just hilarious.:rainbowlaugh:

Late Night Delight
Group Contributor

509728 I agree....DOCTOR BOROUS WAS BEST SCIENTIST IN BIG MOUNTAIN!

Doctor 0 was pretty cool too.

Then why are you talking like Dr Klein?

"WHAT ILLOGIC IS THIS? KEEP YOUR FILTHY, PENIS-TIPPED FEET OUT OF OUR LABS AND SECRETS!"

Dr Mobius is also really funny:

" It is I, Doctor Mobius! Transmitting from my DOME-SHAPED.....DOME in the forbidden zone! A zone that is, Yes forbidden to you!"

Late Night Delight
Group Contributor

509740 Fuck it, I loved them all. Which is why I felt like shit when I killed them all.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20