The Mojave Express 1,105 members · 85 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Congratulations on being a pessimistic, fatalistic asshole?

Fallout 76 is a enjoyable game, i fail to see why every asshole on the internet thinks they need to be so flipping negative about it.

I’d like to say a few things...

Fallout 76 is overpriced in the current state of the game, it’s buggy and to a lot of people not very enjoyable.

Fallout 76 isn’t a good fallout game, but it’s an alright MMO, it’s fun with friends and that’s what it’s good at, but solo-players aren’t having fun and don’t have a lot of replay ability.

Fallout 76 has bugs, Bethesda is probably gonna fix that like with their other games, but as it stands some people don’t agree that it’s finished enough for release.

Fallout 76 has microtransactions, a lot of people don’t like how it’s implemented, others might like how Bethesda did it.

All in all I don’t like the game, but some do, I’m not saying the Fallout franchise is dead or Bethesda sucks, I just feel like my trust has been betrayed, with how they gave us information at interviews and such, they made it seem like everyone could enjoy the game equally, to me it doesn’t seem so.

But the game is getting way more hate than it should, it’s not the worst game ever, it’s not the best either, it’s want you want to get out of it that matters, it’s an alright MMO in a universe many have enjoyed before.

Fallout 76 is bad but doesn't kill the Fallout series.

One, its bad because (for me) the MMO aspect ruins the solo atmosphere.

Two, the amount of bugs and weird gameplay mechanics that were presented in the game.

I still think Oxhorn put it best.

"This is not Fallout 5."

It's different, it's buggy, and it needs fixing, but I still incredibly enjoy this game.

People like to ignore that this is not only a side project, but for the most part this game was made by BGS Austin, not BGS proper, who are currently neck deep in Starfield.

Let’s be absolutely clear. Fallout 76 is a bad game. One of the worst games released to date. But saying that it’s the worst Fallout game is simply not correct.
That title will always belong to this monstrosity.

Comment posted by Hawk24731 deleted Nov 27th, 2018

That too. I'm not gonna yell at anyone who doesn't like the game, cause no one's wrong in disliking it. It's very different than any fallout before it, but I will say it's wrong to say bethesda sucks and fallout is dead because they made a different game.

Hope for the best expect the worst, my friend, I think you got it backward.

not sure if i get the game with the nuking the other idiot house feature and with all those bug there at every bethesda launch i feel it going to turn into a griefer wet dream with game exploit and all

i hope it dont turn like gta online

I'm not saying that it's a good game, but even Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel beats Fallout 76 in several ways. While the game's content wasn't very Fallout-like, at least it had content. At least it wasn't a buggy mess. At least you didn't need to have an internet connection in order to play it. At least it didn't have microtransactions. At least it didn't have freakishly large patches you needed to download. At least it had a purpose; It had actual characters, a story, and a set goal to work towards. And it had the late, great Tony Jay among its cast. That alone makes it worth at least one playthrough.

But of course, it still doesn't forgive all its faults and foibles. It's still a watered-down clone of Baldur's Gate: Dark Allliance, its dialogue and music are every hormone-addled teenage edgelord's wet dream, it led to Interplay going bankrupt and being forced to sell the rights, etc.

If there's one thing Fallout 76 has that stops it from being a complete franchise-killing shitshow like BoS, it's that, as Livingdeath pointed out, it was clearly just a side project to hold people over while Bethesda worked on Starfield and The Elder Scrolls VI, and it's definitely not the direction the company actually wants to take with the franchise. Unlike Brotherhood of Steel, which Interplay was so completely in love with that they delayed and then eventually cancelled Van Buren to work on it and its sequel (which also got cancelled).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13