Dare to Derp! 536 members · 416 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Well hearing Ed Edd and Eddy sound bytes, and the dense character well...I just have to know, Please leave a comment below.

I'm certainly making the most of it, at any rate.

She's a mentally disabled pony with a job. This is a very good thing.

1064528 How is she mentally disabled when her eye's are just crossed?

I was talking more about The Last Roundup, actually. Though, thinking about it now, they don't really say that she's a mailmare on that episode.

1064685 Even still, that isn't mentally disabled, it's actual term is physically disabled. You can be the smartest person in the world and still be cross-eyed or speak a little funny.

I've always hated and disregarded the interpretation that she's mentally disabled. Clumsy, yes. Speaks with a drawl, yes. Suffers from strabismus, yes. None of that means you have a mental problem.

As for working the mail, it's a job as good as any. Since Equestrian ponies, unlike earlier generations, can't just spend their days frolicking and going "la la la" all the time, delivering letters isn't a bad choice. Early hours, you have to memorize routes, and you're legally responsible for important papers and seeing them delivered where they need to be. Delivering mail is not a job for a complete simpleton.

As for her actions in The Last Roundup, Rainbow Dash was assigned to clear the skies around the town hall and asked Derpy to give a helping hoof, but she accidentally set off a storm cloud that wrecked the hall.

1064528 She has a disability with her eyes it has nothing to do with her mental ability

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8