The Lunaverse 2,571 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

I feel that Lunaverse Blueblood is very inconsistent.

Sometimes he's a moron. Sometimes he's a coward, other times he's intelligent and brave. Sometimes he acts like a spoiled child but other times he has a great nobility in him.

Sometimes I see how hes vicerine after his families disgrace and other times i have no idea.

Pinkie and Bluey manage to show the nobility and bravery in him but he's not especially intelligent or stupid.

I love Lunaverse but it's one of my criticism of the series

So your argument is "He's a person"?

'kay.

Comment posted by nlinzer deleted Dec 14th, 2022
Comment posted by nlinzer deleted Dec 14th, 2022

He feels very confusing though. Like it's hard to see the guy that made children cry and cried himself when a guy poked him(and was unable to admit that) also bravely fight Corona. But I guess that's on me

Part of the problem may be that different authors wrote different stories & each author has their own vision.

You ever consider the differences between the animated original short Dr Seuss characters & the movie versions?

:rainbowderp:

But those are distinct universes. So it works for doctor Suess. But for Lunaverse that works as an out of universe explanation but not inuniverse. And the effect of it not making sense in univese is stronger because of how good Luna verse is. Characters are generally super consistent even among diffrent writers so it stands out more when that's not the case.

Possibly, I'm being unclear. The Peanut characters are consistent across all their cartoons & comic strips because *ONE* person formed them. (Schultz & he had his problems with various network execs & newspapers)

But look at Fluttershy. Her behavior in Dragonshy
& her behavior in every other episode where there's danger.

Still, you feel that way you might talk to Rainbow Doubledash about writing a story from Blueblood's POV about how he feels about the way he's perceived.

:trollestia:

Thats a good idea. And a good point. I guess Im more critical here because of how good Lunaverse is. In Lunaverse even among diffrent writers characters are consitent, something thats very rare. So it stands out more when thats not the case

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

It's mostly the different authors thing, especially after the Grand Galloping Gala when a few folks decided to take the gag ship between Blueblood and Pinke and actually turn it into something serious. He's pretty much two entirely different characters depending on whether or not Pinkie is also being included. :pinkiecrazy:

Gotcha. I guess the big problem is his treatment of the children, his crying about being poked, and the thing with Green grass which shows he's incompetent. I'll try to come up with inuniverse answers to each one of those.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Well, some of the other authors were of the opinion Blueblood's incompetence was at least partly an act. That while he might be pompous, arrogant, and easily led astray by appeals to his own ego, he's not nearly so vapid as he pretends to be, but rather plays the fool so other nobles underestimate him. In regard to Greengrass in particular, Blueblood was supposed to be of the opinion that the Duke would self-destruct sooner or later, and then he'd step in to pick up the pieces. Basically an opportunist, willing to play whatever role he needs to if he thinks he has something to gain out of it.

Whether or not any of that still holds up post Pinkie Pie... I'll leave others to sort that out.

That's a really good point and really good explanation. It even fits post Pinkie Pie because that's what he was like before he met her. Though I've got to wonder, since he heroically inspired other nobles to fight Corona wouldn't it be more clear it's a trick? I guess the nobles don't want to admit they underestimated him

Ever read The Duplicated Man (Blish 1953)? Long story short, their was a machine that would make up to 5 copies of anybody but it had to be attached to someone that knew the subject to work.

The Earth government had a plan to use a rebel that looked like an enemy leader to overthrow their government. But, it turned out it didn't make exact copies, it made your impression of the subject. Oops :twilightoops:

For some odd reason, the subject 's girlfriend had a different impression of him (James Bond) than the security agent that busted him. (Pyotr Kropotkin but dumber)

Kropotkin famously bombed a rival anarchist group & when asked why replied "If they were really anarchists they wouldn't have formed a group. ".

But, if you think of it, it makes sense for Bluebood's girlfriend to see him as better than others do.

:pinkiehappy:

As soon as multiple authors are involved, characterisation will inevitably stop being cohesive. Much like with western comics, find an author you like and run with it.

I also realize it's not like Blueblood said something brilliant. He inspired them with bravery not intelligence. It could be the nobles now know he is loyal to Equestria to death but still think he's a whiny idiot in everyday life.

I am surprised that RainbowDoubleDash has not replied to this thread yet.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Sorry. I work retail, so this is a very busy time of year for me.

Like some have said, though, Blueblood being written inconsistently is mostly a result of different authors being involved.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18