The Lunaverse 2,569 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

How would you write the next My Little Pony cartoon and what would it be about?

Ponies in space with insane futuristic technomagic that bore as little resemblance to hard science fiction as possible while still being internally consistent.

Somehow there would have to be an excuse for FTL to involve the spaceships being pulled by ponies.

Tough question

I guess I would put in
the descendants of the cast
Return of classic villains
Add some more elements

My Little Pony: Guardians of the Realm

Backstory

Long long ago, before the grand-fathers of your grand-father were even born. The proud kingdoms of Avalon, Nordheim, and Éire coexisted in peace. Suddenly the Red Hordes invaded. Vast armies composed of Minotaurs, Gargoyles, Centaur and other savage monsters. Under the command of their all powerful ruler Lord Tirac, they sought to conquer all the realms. The three kingdoms untied to fight off the threat. Sadly the combine strength isn't enough. However the tides were turn when the All-Father Sleipnir arrived. He along with his most powerful allies and the legion of the Einherjar fought against the Red Horde. The war was finally over but at a terrible cost. Hundreds on both sides had lost their lives. And Slepinir's companions fell in battle. Distraught over their lost, he left and was never seen again.

Current Day
Moon Song, the daughter of Jarl, halberd, is preparing for the Midsummer Feast. Then the Red Horde attacked the city of Thundergard. She and Sprocket, barley escaped with their lives. Unsure of what to do, they're visit by Hugin and Munin, servants of Sleipnir. They bring a message from the All-Father himself. That Tirac will return and bring about Ragnarok unless she can find six heroes who are the reincarnations of his fallen comrades. Now they must travel all across the world, searching all while avoiding capture by the agents of the Red Horde.

notes: I would be taking inspiration from Norse Mythology just to shake things up.

Characters
Moon Song
Specie: Earth/Unicorn hybrid
Info: Born to a Earth-Pony father and Unicorn mother, she has a Unicorn's magic and Earth-Pony strength. Despite her father being the ruler of Thundergard, she's always rejected by the other ponies her age due to magic. Kind and optimistic, she's always willing to help those in need.
notes:

Sprocket
Specie: Gizmonk
Info: A member of a highly intelligent race of inventors and engineers he was hired by Jarl halberd to be Thundergard's chief mechanic. Grumpy and pessimistic on the best of days. He rather be home inventing rather than going on crazy adventures with a bunch of young inexperienced . But he always remains loyal to his friends and allies.
notes: Sprocket's pretty much Spike of this new group but where Spike was the Tagalong Kid , Sprocket will be the Grumpy Old Monkey.

Scorpan
Specie: Gargoyle
Info: One of the Red Horde's finest warriors, he has been tasked with capturing Moon Song. He believes that their cause is noble and just. But when he learns the truth about Tirac, he must make a choice that will set him on a new course.
notes: Let's not beat around the bush. Scorpan's basically the this series' answer to Zuko.

Spike
Specie: Dragon
Info: The "son" of Scorpan. His only goal is to make his father proud.
notes: He's acts as Scorpan's Morality Pet

Iron Will
Specie: Minotaur
Info: Scorpan's best friend and second in command. Once Scorpan declared a traitor to the Red Horde, Iron Will acts a double agent, leaking secrets to Scorpan and his new allies.

Raksha
Specie: Naga
Info: A member of the Red Horde and Scorpan's rival. What he lacks in strength he makes up in cunning. He prefers to poison his enemies than fight them. After Scorpan refuses to kill civilians, Raksha uses this get take Scorpan's postion in the Red Horde.
Note; I would get Steve Blum to voice him.

Tirac
Specie: Centaur (?)
Info: The mighty leader of the Red Horde, seen as a benevolent ruler his followers and feared by everything else. Many had thought he died in battle at the hooves of Sleipnir. But the leaders of the leaders of the Red Horde claim that Tirac's spirit is guiding their actions.
notes: Let's face it, MLP doesn't have a consistent villain like Transformers and GI-Joe. I thought figured why not have the very first villain from first MLP cartoon as this series Big Bad. PS. I didn't miss spell his name. That how his name was spelled. I would get Mark Hamill to do his voice.

The World

The world itself will be populated by both mythological creatures and sentient animals alike. Major cities/nations would be based on either places from various mythologies such Avalon, Mount Olympus and Tir Na Nog.

The pictures below (Worlds from Wizard101) will more or less give a general idea of the world itself.

Beside All-Father, our heroes will encounter characters who are based on legendary heroes, villains and gods of various mythologies. Heck I have an idea with a Griffon version of Zeus challenging the reincarnation of Thor.

What do you think of these ideas? How would you do if your were incharge making G5? Please share your thoughts below.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Here's a question. Should it abandon the alicorn/princess concept and only have normal ponies?

I alreayd made a couple fics exploring how I'd do it buuut...they're kinda don't have an accurate tone.

But in general, I'd take more inspiration from G1 and have greater focus on fantasy adventure more than slice of life stuff. I'd also have one or two dudes in the main cast and maybe expand a bit more on giving non-pony characters focus as well.

I'd also try and give more variety to villains.

It would be xenofiction. Very horselike ponies. (within reason) Also fantasy, comedy and adventure. Low fantasy to be specific. Rated YA by book standards.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7