The Lunaverse 2,571 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

As it turns out, my 'story' didn't get approved as it was a script. While my first "AMV in script form" was also such, it was part of a non-script fanfiction.

This "AMV in script form" is of what I imagine would be the Lunaverse opening. What is an "AMV in script form"? Basically, it's like one of those 'music videos' you watch on YouTube or anime, but in script form. Just imagine the "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" theme song while reading this and there you go. It's not much of an explanation, but I'm not good at explaining this.

Now Playing: My Little Pony Theme Song (Lunaverse Version)

{scene opens to reveal the Friendship Express in front of the twilit sky as it pulls into a town, with Trixie Lulamoon sticking her head out of one of its windows as 'camera' slowly pans right}

Trixie Lulamoon: My Little Pony, My Little Pony

{Trixie looks bored as steam from the train obscures the screen}

Other singers: Ahh ahh ahh ahhh…

{The train's steam clears, revealing Ponyville as the 'camera' pans faster to the right}

Other singers: (My Little Pony)

{'Camera' zooms in and enters tunnel vision, and exits it to show the train station}

Trixie Lulamoon: Friendship never meant that much to me

{Trixie gets off the train from the right and trots forward to the left of the screen as it them pans left}

Other singers: (My Little Pony)

{Close up of Trixie's face as she gives a faint smile}

Trixie Lulamoon: But you're all here and now I can see

{Camera turns around to show her friends ahead: (bottom to top, left to right) Carrot Top gives a generous grin, Lyra Heartstrings hops in place once before standing upright and 'summoning' her lyre, Cheerilee gives a cheerful smile, Raindrops giving a general scowl as she hovers upright, and Ditzy Doo making a goofy grin as she stares ahead as best as she could with her crossed-eyes}

Raindrops: Stormy weather

{In a sky backdrop, she hovers beside a dark storm cloud, which she then bucks; the cloud begins to rain and there is a flash from the lightning that obscures the screen and serves as a screen transition}

Carrot Top: Lots to share

{Just in front of her farm, she pulls out a carrot from her garden and tosses it to a large cart she has on the right of the screen; carrots rain from above, and serve as the transition}

Lyra Heartstrings: A musical bond

{Inside BonBon's house, she 'rocks out' on her lyre, her marefriend watching in awe; a wavy version of sheet music come out from the left, serving as the transition}

Ditzy Doo: With love and care

{In the post office, she—in her mailmare uniform—give Dinky a big hug as they spin around, and letters fly from above as they are scattered and serve as the transition}

Cheerilee: Teaching laughter

{In the schoolhouse, Cheerilee points a hoof to a blackboard with diagrams; a blast of glittering blue smoke goes off, serving as the transition}

Trixie Lulamoon: It's an easy feat

{As the smoke clears, it reveals Trixie's house a distance behind, with Trixie herself facing the camera with a smile}

Trixie Lulamoon: And magic makes it all complete

{'Camera' zooms out to reveal the rest of the gang; to the right are Cheerilee and Lyra, above them is Raindrops, to the left is Carrot Top, and above her is Ditzy Doo; they suddenly try to hug-tackle Trixie, but it turns out to be an illusion; 'camera' zooms out a few further to reveal Trixie close to the 'camera' and on the left side of the screen, laughing at her friends}

Trixie Lulamoon: You have...

All: ...my little ponies

{Trixie's friends then leap towards her in another attempt to hug-tackle her, which becomes a success as they exit the 'camera''s view; screen then shifts as if there is now a glass pane in front of the 'camera', which zooms out to reveal the scenario being depicted in an ornate magiclal mirror}

Trixie Lulamoon: How'd I ever make so many true…

All: …friends?

{cut to Princess Luna, who is staring into the mirror and giving a warm smile; cut to the mirror, which now depicts a ponypile; Ditzy at the top with a goofy simper, Raindrops below her giving a reluctant grimace, Cheerilee below her giving a general smile, below her Carrot Top giving a happy grin and Lyra beaming, and Trixie at the bottom half-heartedly flailing while laughing}

{cut to the show's title, which has an added blue box below reading "Lunaverse version", then switches to the text "Made for Fanfiction by RainbowDoubleDash", then fade to black}

End Song

There you have it. Hope you like it.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Didn't you already post this in the song thread?

...*massive inhalation*
*Royal Canterlot Voice* WHY CAN'T WE SEE THIS?? THIS MUST BE MADE!! */RCV*
It's really good, and I think your new lyrics work well! :twilightsmile:

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Actually those lyrics, as best I can tell, are the same as the group effort consensus that was reached in the other song thread.

307192 Yeah, I only found that particular thread after posting.
Regardless, I'd still like to see this made.

Me gusta. I was half-expecting a simple cut 'n' paste, but I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out.

I read a comment in Longest Night, Longest Day that any scene with Derpy and Dinky ALWAYS is cute. The post office scene just reinforces that. :derpytongue2: Great intro!

Yeah, but I did a lot of edits.
I took the lyrics straight from there, as well as ideas from this comment by RainbowDoubleDash.
Thanks. That means a lot to me. :applecry: I never thought this would work out. I wanna give you and Fluttershy a hug! That is, canon Fluttershy; the Lunaverse version could go to Tartarus for all I care, unless her canon version is offended then I'll give her a hug too.

So how has this not yet been animated?

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Because my money can't phase through the screen. Not that I actually have that kinda money. Well, maybe if I skimped out on all my other luxuries. Not like I have time for them anymore with the Lunaverse consuming all of my thoughts. :pinkiecrazy:

308398 :pinkiecrazy: I'll admit I've mostly just been following the Lunaverse (I'll get something here someday!) as most of my focus has been on R-Pi, FtTiT, and my original story. Speaking of which, I was going to ask you.

When I finish R-Pi's first chapter, I was wondering if you'd mind looking it over for me. Less for grammar/spelling stuff, since I think I have that area covered already, but more for story presentation and characterization.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Well I kinda actually have been having some trouble concentrating on non-Lunaverse stuff lately. Got the last 4 chapters of Background Pony and the latest Bringing Up Blueblood chapter backlogged on my to-read list, and getting through the last Harpflank and Sweets was harder than it should have been. Oh, and didn't CRISIS: Equestria update recently, ahk, going to have to go hit that, like now. So um yeah, between tracking this board, the ever present "what would the L! of this story be?", and random inspiration for my current and future stories, I'm pretty esily distracted right now.

For you though, I will shut everything else out and give my 110%. I owe you big time so anything else would be rude.

308401 Well, don't do it if you have other things on your plate, just out of obligation. I really am glad to be of help; don't feel like you owe me anything!

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Obligation is a perfectly legitimate reason to do stuff, but I know I don't have to do it. I want to do it. I would never have offered 110% otherwise. For obligation alone 90% is about as good as I can give.

Yeah, if only there was someone who would.

316020 I'd be happy to... if I had Adobe Flash and knew how to animate. :applejackunsure:

Yeah... What if... oh, never mind, wrong thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlgl4gijQyA

This is a link to Emeral Bookwise's first draft of the Lunaverse intro.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19