Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

So it seems to me that there are two Starlight Glimmer's in the Winningverse, the one who is the apprentice of Twilight and the one who was a False Robin Hood in Freeport then became a better pony and joined a Kibbutz before selling her soul so she could live. So what does this mean? Freeport is a different universe, Starlight has a twin identical sister or time-travel shennanigans. It's time-travel shennanigans isn't it?

Just chronology shenanigans. The Freeport Venture takes place several years before the events of Friendship is Magic, and also before Starlight founds Our Town. Princess Twilight and the Disastrously Daunting Delegate demonstrates what's in store for Sunset by the time Twilight gets her castle.

I got the time difference but the current Starlight doesn't think about her screw ups in Freeport and the North(well in her eyes just the North) in the Hearts and Hooves Day story(when she's thinking about how she's lucky to not be in jail). Plus I can't imagine Freeport Starlight doing what Cannon Starlight pre-reformation did unless she really can never learn a lesson. So scratch that I can complelty imagine her doing everything she did I just can't imagine her doing more then pretending to be Twilight's student(and she is trying she is just terrible at it).

Twilight's greatest triumph was doing something no one ever had before: She got Starlight to actually accept responsibility for her own actions.

Rubbing somepony's muzzle in the bleak, lifeless wasteland they created helps there.

Universe has two universes. Freeport is if Sunset never went through the mirror. The other is near canon

Wow, I guess I see why she's the Princess of Friendship. Getting Winning-Starlight to accept the responsibility of her actions, at that point she could probably bring Deadverse Derpy back to life.

6896277 But "friendship-student" Starlight can still cast Blightfire, which "Freeport" Starlight only learned by selling herself to Blackfyre; and "Freeport" Starlight was almost executed for "friendship-student" Starlight's time travel mess. I'd say they are the same pony, Starlight is a good decade older that Trixie, and she learned absolutely nothing from everything she went through until Twilight literally dragged her back to the "Better Present" she was trying to create and shoved her face into the consequences of her actions. (I'd give good odds that Starlight still thinks Rising Fire was just a "mad lich" "unjustly persecuting" her.)

Ponibius
Group Contributor

They're the same pony. Starlight isn't the best at self-reflecting on her actions or taking responsibility for her actions, and that carries on right through to the present. Even "reformed" Starlight has mind controlled most of the Mane 6, resulting in both catching the castle on fire and flooding it at the same time, literally bottled up her anger until it got unleashed and resulted in three ponies assaulting Trixie, switched the cutie marks of ponies without their permission, intentionally lead a monster to Thorax's hive and threatened every changeling there, and sold Trixie's cart (her home and place of business) without her permission. To say the least, even full show Starlight isn't the best at thinking about the potential consequences of her actions or how they might affect others.

Considered her colored past and present as presented in the show, it's not that hard to believe that Starlight's experiences back in Freeport and the North didn't exactly penetrate her thick skull the way they should have. As mentioned in other posts, it took Starlight being faced with the desolate, lifeless wasteland of her own making to finally convince her to stop with her crazy revenge scheme against Twilight. Even then she's prone to many of the same follies she always has been.

I'd give good odds that Starlight still thinks Rising Fire was just a "mad lich" "unjustly persecuting" her.

Soon...

No the stories with the human world are separate from Freeport

Ponibius
Group Contributor

EQG is its own animal.

And isn't that what we are talking about?

Ponibius
Group Contributor

Just confirming where the dividing lines are.

Yeah. Freeport Sunset never went through the mirror. That is the winniverse division. Where Sunset went after the fallout with celestia

Ponibius
Group Contributor

Winningverse Sunset is Freeport Sunset. There have been a growing number of references to Freeport Sunset and that Sunset even featuring in Winningverse stories. EQG is it own thing.

In oncoming storm history wise it's the same minus to where Sunset fled to.

Chengar Qordath
Group Admin

EQG/Oncoming Storm is a separate setting from the main Winningverse, mainly because of Sunset. However, the Equestria of Oncoming Storm still has plenty of Winningverse elements to it. Not that this matters, since we won’t be seeing much of that version of Equestria. Oncoming Storm is going to be focused on the human characters in the human world.

Considered her colored past and present as presented in the show, it's not that hard to believe that Starlight's experiences back in Freeport and the North didn't exactly penetrate her thick skull the way they should have. As mentioned in other posts, it took Starlight being faced with the desolate, lifeless wasteland of her own making to finally convince her to stop with her crazy revenge scheme against Twilight. Even then she's prone to many of the same follies she always has been.

I’d imagine once she’s gained a few years of distance from everything that happened, she’ll have rationalized it into “I didn’t do anything wrong in the North, I was just another one of Blackfyre’s victims. He had control runes on me that could’ve killed or mutated me at a moment’s notice, so I didn’t have any choice.”

You have quite a high opinion on Starlight if you think that will take a few years, I'm thinking more like 5 minutes.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17