Protect Celestia 1,946 members · 1,762 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24
Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

To my Friends, Watchers, and Fellow Members,

In less than half a year we have reached another milestone, we doubled our member numbers from 200 to 400. Like last time I am unsure exactly how we gained such numbers, it took us over a year to gain our first 200 and this it was less than 6 months, but I take it as a sign that maybe the fandom is starting to wise up about Celestia. After keeping a eye in incoming stories, I'm guessing that is true; there are less and less NLR/SE fics coming in, and those that do seem to be quickly voted down. Of course that may not be due to the basic plot, but most likely due to bad writing and poor execution (with one it was stated that Celestia was as easily defeated as a Goomba by Mario).

We have come a long way; 1 group, 1 mission. To all members: new, old, Lunar Republicans, Solar Imperials, Equestrian Unionists, and everyone else thank you for all that you have done. Now let's keep moving forward, and together let us see Celestia getting the recognition she deserves. Which I hope after October when her micro-comics comes out we might start seeing more of it.

Also with all the new faces among us, Dancewithknives has suggested a writing challenge.

The criteria is somewhat simple, take 10 minutes to prepare, and then write a short story with less than 1000 words that involve Princess Celestia, A self insert, and any other characters doing anything. The story itself can involve any topic as long as it contains no graphic gore and/ or sex, follows the group principles and stays within 1000 words.

Sincerely,
Celestia's Paladin: Admin and Founder of Protect Celestia of FiMFiction

Woo, 400 members! :pinkiehappy:

The criteria is somewhat simple, take 10 minutes to prepare, and then write a short story with less than 1000 words that involve Princess Celestia, A self insert, and any other characters doing anything. The story itself can involve any topic as long as it contains no graphic gore and/ or sex, follows the group principles and stays within 1000 words.

So we write these stories in this thread?

Comment posted by Verdigris deleted Sep 1st, 2013

write a 1k word story? I might consider it, it may help me overcome this little block I have. I always have problems wrapping up a chapter.

OH AND ALSO 400 MEMBERS WOOOHOOOO

If its less then 1k we cant submit it thought , i mean we can but it wont be accepted being that the minimum is 1000 words.

Still we can just post a link to it in the competitions topic and all is the same.

Also woot and congrats! :pinkiesmile:

guys guys i think i was the 400th member.just saying

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

1656990>>1657000>>1657010
Alright post the ficlet here in a "Challenge" thread

Wait, Celestia's getting a micro comic series? Sweet. Now if we can get one for Cadance and another for Shining...

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

They are supposed to dd another one for Shining and Cadence, which I think is the next one up, and Celestia's should be the one after that.

Also anyone noticed the new banner?

I did. I like it.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

*looks up at original post* Who would vote down that post?
Got it today, hoping that I made a good choice

I dunno. Some people appear to vote down random posts. I had a discussion with another guy in a coment section of a story and all my comments had one single downvote... weird.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Could be because you were cluttering up the comment section. But still...

Hmm, I was going to write a "Princess Celestia and I Discussing Shipping" short where Princess Celestia and myself discuss... you guessed it: Shipping (wasn't going to be published because it was meta as hell).

Guess I should go write it now... :trollestia:

Now we wait for 500...
our army grows ever stronger!

I quite like the new banner.

Woohoo 400 members! Woohoo new banner!

Not counting my writing block, I don't write self inserts, but I can't wait to read some of those stories. :pinkiehappy:

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

*sees all the thumbs down, including three for the first post* Gentlemen, and use that term lightly, we seem to have a spy in our midst.
Thanks
Most of us do have the innate dislike of SI fics so I don't blame you

1659085 bro, thats the fun of it. Making a self insert is a justifiable excuse to write a shitty character and also make fun of yourself at the same time. Also, it has to feature a SI, i dont care if pony in the background waves at the camera and says "Hi, my name is:"

1663085 Ah, well In that case I may try. My writers block is still a problem, but who knows maybe something comes up.:twilightsheepish:

1667146 fuck, I wrote a crack fic as my first entry.

P.S. did you read it yet, or did you relax all weekend like the rest of society?

1667240 School started and that always messes with the stuff I want to do. :derpytongue2: Spent all weekend with last minute stuff for it. Hopefully I will read it all this week, will just take more time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24