Spitfire 1,118 members · 609 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Now I know we all have our on fave Spitfire fics, but what actually is our fave version of Spitfire.

As I explained in my last thread, Spitfire can be a bad pony or a good pony. She can be playful in some, more mature in others and she can be very cannon in most too. Every writer has their own style, which makes their version of Spitfire slightly different from others.

So my question is what makes your perfect Spitfire fic?

P.S- if you look on the 'best Spitfire ships' thread there is now a very large list of ships which have stories written about them, I never knew our best pony was shipped with that many other ponies on the site!

~Alex

2494130 The perfect Spitfire fic would be one were she's just a normal pony, I don't like it much when she's walking around in her academy boss attitude. So for me, I like Spitfire when she's has a more normal fun side, like Dash...which is why I like the ship so much becuase usually in those ships Spitfire is that kind of pony. :scootangel:

Sex, drugs, and rock and roll.

ObsidianPony
Group Contributor

A good Spitfire fic is hard to nail down because a lot of things can turn it into a bad fic that have nothing to do with how Spitfire herself is portrayed. As to how to portray Spitfire well in fics though, to me I think of a more mature and world wise Rainbow Dash.

Much like Rainbow Dash Spitfire is playful, competitive and feisty but also very loyal to those under her command, and to her friends of course. Unlike Rainbow Dash though Spitfire is able to rein in her daredevil urges to be a professional and this is what makes her a good captain, that she understands full well the urge to do some insane and dangerous stunt and even enjoys the feeling herself but she can keep a tight hold on that side of her and stay calm and collected.

She might seem a bit blunt and abrasive on the surface but being captain of a military connected squadron will do that. She is a good pony but a very competitive and in moments of un-professionalism she probably has an ego to rival Rainbow Dash's but again keeps that under control.

Really to me Spitfire is what Rainbow Dash will, if she truly wants to be a wonderbolt, become; a strong leader and a good pony who can keep hold of her daredevil ways and adrenaline junkie urges but can keep them under control. She doesn't need to give in to them entirely or to shut them out, instead she is strong and wise enough to simply keep them under control until it's safe to let loose a bit.

To me, that is true inner strength and that's what I think Spitfire has in droves, as a necessity for her position if nothing else.

2494137 much the same for me. ~Alex

2494138 haha, thats awesome :rainbowlaugh: ~Alex

2494143 ...why...how can you come up with such good answers to my questions :raritystarry: *claps* you get another medal for that comment I agree with it fully, Spitfire as a more mature Dash is good enough for me to read~Alex

ObsidianPony
Group Contributor

*Happily accepts that second medal from Spitfire* :pinkiehappy:

2494168 hmmm lemmie guess...SpitDash?

2494240 Damn :ajsleepy:....what is the great answer then? :unsuresweetie:

2494306 oh...that would have been my next guess...maybe :trollestia: ~Alex

2495945 Agree, I like to portray her as that too.

Adorable Babi Spitfire cuddles!

You never said what type of Fic area we could say...

2500518 YAY sooo cute ! :scootangel:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18