Transformations 5,794 members · 5,232 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

This post is a bit of a rehash of an old writing experiment from ages ago. I'll post a transformation writing prompt for a short piece of fiction (no more than a few paragraphs), and then hopefully another participant will write about their fictional experience of undergoing said transformation and perhaps their experiences afterwards. That person can then leave a new transformation prompt for the next person to write about, and the thread continues. The prompts don't necessarily have to be about pony-related transformations, but they are of course entirely welcome.

(SFW writings only, in accordance with group and site policies as well as a means of keeping the thread inclusive)

Example Prompt: You become a creature of the air.

Example Post: I couldn’t believe I was about to do this. As in, I really physically and mentally could not wrap my brain around how stupid an idea it was to try jumping out of an airplane for fun. How did I let my friends talk me into this?! Whatever the case, I had everything I needed, in theory: the parachute pack was ready to go and I was all suited up. All I would have to do is not black out from fear as I fell out of the plane and manage to pull the cord at the right time.

I screamed as I was summarily pushed from the open door by my instructor for holding up the line. I had thought that first time jumpers needed to jump with a veteran, but apparently this particular company hadn’t read that part of Skydiving 101. The wind ripped the scream from me, and though my throat burned with the sensation of it, all I could hear was the rushing of wind.

A cloud was fast approaching, and I braced myself for impact, despite knowing somewhere in my fear-and-adrenaline addled brain that it was just water vapor. However, the moment I passed through the fluffy, misty surface, I felt an intense assault of strange sensations. From what I could see of my hands, my skin was glowing faintly, lightening in hue as if fading away to a ghostly nothingness. No, I wasn’t disappearing, I realized; my skin was becoming transparent. Instead of the inner workings of a human organism, though, I saw nothing but the blurred sky and distant earth through my now entirely transparent self. Even my skydiving suit had faded away, but so had most of my features, leaving me as some sort of glassy, vaguely humanoid figure.

Looking back up at the other skydivers, I was only mildly surprised to see that they were gone. Instead, my focus was on the odd constructs of fierce light that seemed to be forming a sort of pair of wings around my back. With a start, I realized I could adjust them mentally, and soon my downwards spiral slowed to a stop. I laughed, or I would have, if I still had a mouth. Instead, all I felt was a disturbance in the air as it passed through my phantasmal form, the wind carrying me, my light-wings adjusting my course like sails.

I hadn’t the slightest idea what had happened to me, or what I now was, much less where I had ended up. The plane and the other skydivers were nowhere in sight, and the landmass far below me looked different than what I was used to seeing, but somehow, I instinctively knew the wind would carry me where I needed to go.

Prompt for the next person: You become the opposite biological gender.

You become the opposite biological sex.

ftfy (I'm pretty sure, anyway)

It's peaceful lying on my bed by the open window at night, with just the moon, my old laptop, and I. The night owl in me prefers the dark and the quiet of midnight to its hectic noontime opposite, and there's something intimate in letting the moonlight cling to my dark skin, knowing that with the world asleep I won't be disturbed or judged.

My laptop sounds its usual temperature warning, and I shut it, sliding it down from where it is propped up on my thighs to let it sleep and warm my belly. With nothing better to do while my computer cools, I turn in bed, idly draping my right arm across my breasts and returning the silent, ever-watchful gaze of the "man in the moon" with a smile. In my imagination, he smiles back.

I blink.

The laptop is cold. My gaze is fixed on the moon, and though it feels like little bugs are crawling all over my legs and body, I can't quite bring myself to move. My arm lies flat across my chest, the softness of my breasts beneath it shrinking and giving way to wiry little hairs and firm muscle. My spine and legs ache, and the sheets rumple and clump together beneath my arse as my toes touch the footboard.

And yet the moon's gaze holds mine. Its cool light pours in through my eyes, and the little kernel of me on the verge of panicking is soothed.

I can feel my arm straightening slightly across my chest; against the sheets, my rear flattens and narrows. Something emerges and flops between my legs where nothing should be emerging or flopping, and the roundness of my cheeks flattens at the edge of my peripheral vision.

Something in my mind snaps, and I can move. I don't. For several minutes, I close my eyes. I can't look at myself, knowing and fearing what has happened.

At last, I turn my head, facing down at my body, and take a deep breath. I can do this. It's nothing I haven't seen and loved before. I open my eyes and stare.

"Well--" I shut my mouth again. My voice has dropped from a soft alto to a rich bass. Actually, it's not all that unpleasant to hear, but I still complete my thought without speaking: At least I'm not fat anymore. Pushing my laptop aside, I sit up in bed and glance back out the window, where the moon hides coyly behind a thin cloud.

Then another thought strikes me, and I groan. Aw, man, how am I going to explain this to my boss?

Next person: You become Sweetie Belle.
No complaints. You knew this was coming.

Thunderlane shuffled on his hooves as Twilight attached more and more sticky pads to his barrel. "So,uh, Princess, why did you need me here?"

Twilight opened a box of electrodes and started counting them. "Well Thunderlane, thank you for coming in on such short notice."

Thunderlane blushed. "No problem, anything for a friend of Dash."

"Yes, about Dash... We've got a bet going on about bumblebees."

"Bumblebees?"

"Yes, bumblebees. You ever hear about how according to some mathematical equation they can't fly?"

Thunderlane nodded. "But obviously they do."

Twilight opened up one of her charts and started attaching the electrodes. "Exactly! I keep trying to tell Dash that the equation is wrong, but she's convinced that due to their lack of magic bumblebees can fly despite the equation saying they can't!"

Thunderlane lifted his wings and turned to give her easier access. "Okay, I knew Dash could be a bit stand-offish when she gets an idea into her head, but why do you need me?"

"Oh, that's simple," Twilight lit her horn up, "I need to turn you into a bumblebee to prove her wrong."

Thunderlane's limbs refused to move as he was enveloped in her magic. "What? How does that work?" His flanks, wings, and belly suddenly felt tingly.

Twilight pulled over a chalkboard covered in arcane formulae. Thunderlane might know quite a bit about math and aerodynamics from being a Wonderbolt, but this was way beyond his comprehension. "Well it's simple, you have magic. I turn you into bee and if you can fly Dash has to admit she's wrong!"

A series of creaks and crack rumbled through Thunderlane as a third pair of legs grew out of his midsection. He let out a gasp as the tender hooves reached the cold tile of the lab. "I... don't think that's what a bumblebee looks like," he muttered.

Twilight looked up from the readout of some large device. "Oh, no matter, proof of concept and all that."

Thunderlane grit his teeth as his tail turned into a cute little stinger, complete with yellow and black stripes. Siilarly, his wings flattened out and became transparent, his wings reminding him of a changeling. "You have a way to turn me back, right?"

After a few moments, his wings started to buzz away without him intending too, lifting him a few inches off the ground. Twilight completely ignored his question and bounced off giggling. "I did it! Now to find Dash and get a free soda pop!"

Thunderlane hovered in mid-air, trying to think of something to do until she got back. He looked up and saw a clear skylight. Some force compelled him to fly towards the light until he hit some sort of force field. He couldn't see the normal glow of a shielding spell, so he tried again. And again. And a few more times until he heard Twilight return with company. "Princess, there seems to be a powerful shielding spell on your skylight here. Also, hello Dash."

Dash looked between Thunderlane and an eager Twilight and back again. "That isn't a bumblebee, you don't win." Dash flew off despite Twilight's accusation of moving the goalposts, while Thunderlane went back to trying to defeat the dastardly shielding spell.

Transformation where only part of the target actually transforms

It was an ordinary day in Ponyville and I was casually relaxing with Twilight, Pinkie, and Dash in the Castle of Friendship and Rainbow was ranting like it was going out of style. "Say, you think you are so big and bad with those hands huh? I bet you couldn't last a day as me! Shoot, I am the fastest flyer in all of Equestria and the coolest one at that. What do you have going for you? Oh yeah, just those meaty grabbers at the end of your arms and you are so sma-"

"RAINBOW!" Twi shouted with her face flustered and her wings stiff as a board. "That level of insult will not be tolorated in my presence, now aplologize."

"Sorry..." Rainbow said under her breath with her forehooves crossed.

"Apology accepted," I said with a smile. "now as far as what you said, I take it almost like a challenge. Twilight, do you know any spells that will allow me to be Dash for 24 hours to prove her wrong?"

"I do indeed know a spell like that, it has almost changeling like effects but thankfully Thorax has been helpful in expanding my knowledge on magic."

"Then again friendship is magic." I said with a chuckle as I got two flat looks and Pinkie started giggling.

"Say Twilight, if it works could you use it on me next? I would love to have wings to fly around all over Equestria with to spread my parties." Pinkie said while lightly bouncing in place eager for the answer she was hoping for.

"No promises Pinkie, let's see how it works on our friend here first." She then turned to me. "Are you ready?"

"As I'll ever be, I never back out of a challenge." I said confidently. Twi's horn ignited with a very strange shade of orange before a mist started to form around me but it was thin enough for the others to see the the changes progress. The first thing I felt was pressure in my shoulder blades as they painfully got a little wider and my wings started to slowly make their way out of my back. At the same time, I noticed the room getting bigger as I started to shrink while the fingers in my right hand disolved back into my wrist, the remaining shin flatted, hardened, and became covered in cyan fur. The fur started making its way up my arm, making me grin my teeth die to the bones rearranging themselves. Then something happened that was so chaotic that even Discord would have a hard time comprehending, Spike, who was reading a book, sneezed and accidentally slammed it shut. Twi lost concentration and control causing the mist to solidify and me to scream in burning pain. What felt like hours, but was only seconds, later the solid mass broke sending me to the floor and I heard three loud gasps in shock. Twi hovered a filly length mirror over to me and I was left speechless, my right hand and left foot were now hooves with my left hand and right foot were normal. My wings and tail were not fully developed and looked more like grotesque stretched skin than what they were supported to be. "Umm...Twi...can you fix me?..." I said noticing my voice was now a combination of mine and Dash's.

"I'll try..." She then ignited her horn and tried spell after spell to fix me, with nothing working. We finally quit when Twi became magically exhausted and slumped into a chair. "I'm so sorry.....guess you are stuck like this for a while, by my best guess a month or more due to the magic surge going over what it was supposed to when it went haywire."

"I feel bad about this..." Dash said sulking. "I should have not issued that challenge..."

"And I shouldn't have accepted it, we are both at fault so don't feel bad. I will just stay here until it wears off."

"While you do that I am going to plan a "I am glad you are alive from an accidental magic victim party." Pinkie said taking off out the window with her wings moving at full velocity.

We all stared at the pink mare that was rapidly disappearing from sight. "Wait....Pinkie got wings...and I got some explaining to do...." Twi facehoofed before leaving to start on her letter to Celestia.

Next prompt: Cadance becomes a changeling queen

Cadance becomes a changeling queen.

"Cadance, tell me again why you think it's a good idea to turn yourself into a changeling?" Shining asked hesitantly.

"To experience the life of a changeling - duh." Cadance said, adding the final details to the rune in the center of the room.

"Yeah, but wouldn't it be better to ask a changeling instead?" Shining brought up.

"Well, Shiny, it's better to walk in their horseshoes and live it, rather than visualize it. Besides, it will only be for a week." Cadance retorted, completing the rune entirely. "There! You ready, Thorax?"

Thorax, who had been silently watching the couple the entire time, nodded. "Whenever you're ready!"

"Great! Let's begin."

Cadance stepped into the center of the rune, while Thorax stood just outside of it. Taking one last glance at the spell, Cadance tossed the scroll away and started the spell. The rune lit up as the spell activated and a bubble started to engulf Cadance up to her neck, which signaled Thorax to fire a beam of magic directly in the center, enough for the spell to work properly. The white bubble was bright enough to blind Shining and Thorax, who both looked away for a few seconds until the room went dark again.

Turning their heads, Shining and Thorax gasped at the sight before them. Standing in the center of the used rune was another changeling like Thorax, except...

"C-Chrysalis?!" Shining took a double-take.

Blinking, the Princess turned changeling took a moment to look at herself. "Wait, I look like Chrysalis?"

"W-well, sort of." Shining replied back hesitantly, a little offset at hearing his wife's voice on a changeling.

Walking over towards the mirror in the corner of the room, Cadance stopped and took a moment to look herself over. Staring back at her with pink-slit eyes, was none other than Chrysalis, or at least Cadance in Chrysalis's form. Her pink coat was replaced with black chitin that ran from head to hoof, with holes in her legs and a pair of thin, translucent wings that extended from a pink back-plate on her back. On her head sat a jagged horn, with pink hair running along side it and a crown-like antenna protruding from her skull. Blinking, Cadance looked with mild satisfaction at her new form. "Huh."

Shining walked up right beside her and gulped. "S-so, how do you feel?"

Looking over at her husband, Queen Cadance gave him a toothy-grin. "It's not that bad, actually. I'm a little hungry, but luckily I have a strong, loving husband by my side to feed me..." She said, giving him an affectionate nuzzle.

Blushing, Shining looked away with a small smile. "Heh, love you too, Cady."

Thorax, for his part, could only stare back at the new changeling before him with hearts in his eyes and a big, goofy grin on his face. He had a whole week to teach Cadance how to be a changeling, and he was going to enjoy every second of it.

Next Prompt: Luna transforms into a griffon.

"And why do we have to do this?" Luna looked at the costume, and the accompanying potion. "Couldn't Twilight Sparkle handle this? It is a friendship problem." However reluctantly, she was levitating the suit over, pushing her back legs into the feline-formed end.

"Because the griffon delegate is a cagey old bird and while they might just pull out every excuse in the treaty to avoid discussing things, they absolutely will be fair if we meet all the requirements. One of which is, that all refreshments must be served by griffons, to griffons." Celestia helped hold the suit so that her sister could work her wings up into it.

Luna felt each of her upper limbs slide into the expansive wing-covers of the griffon outfit, felt them pull snug down to her back. "That doesn't mean we cannot complain." She ducked her head down to let Celestia pull the head of the outfit over her.

"Lulu, I wouldn't dream of denying you that right." Celestia tittered as her sister groaned. "What's wrong? Is the gravity of the situation too much?"

Even inside the head of the costume, Luna tucked her ears down. "Please stop with the puns, we agreed to do this, haven't you punished us enough?" She stepped her forehooves into the suit and stood proud. A glance in the mirror to one side revealed what she looked like: a pony in an ill-fitting griffon costume.

Celestia floated the potion over, offering it to the soft and plush griffon-beak of the suit. "Drink this down and it will all start." She tilted the bottle, hearing and watching the dark alicorn drink the potent, zebra-wrought potion.

The burning started in Luna's belly, spreading outwards. She felt the suit all around her tighten, pull against her body and itch abominably. "This feels really odd…" A squawk came from her throat, she lifted both forehooves up to cover her snout in shock, but saw they were yellow now, and— "I have claws?"

The rest of the changes were fast, superficial. Luna's wings spread out wide, majestically. She stood nearly twice the size of the average griffon, and she knew that this was all her sister's intent. "Oway… Okay, now we can go and get this over with?" Her beak took a little getting used to.

"There is an official dress code too." Celestia held up the oversized maid outfit. "Put this on and we are all done."

~~~~~+++++~~~~~

Next: Rainbow Dash turns into a duplicate of Twilight Sparkle

Rainbow Dash turns into a duplicate of Twilight Sparkle

"Twili! Are you here" Rainbow asked will coming in Twilight's castle. She looked around, in her bed-room, in the thrones room. She finely fond Twilight in the lab-room.
Twilight was looking at her self in a mirror,
Dash walked in will Twilight was about to cast a spell. But Dash sneezed rite when Twilight casted the spell. The spell got shot form Twilight's horn, hit the mirror, and hit Rainbow. Dash was pushed a miter back and fall down on the ground.
Twilight run to her, crying. "Rainbow, RainBow! Are you ok?" she asked
"I'm find. You only hit me with a level 3 spell. only level 5 and up would heart" Dash replied.
Twilight looked at her, both amazement, and confinement. "how, How do you know this?"
"Oh, that was one of the first thing I learned in Magic Kindergarten!" Rainbow replied.
They both pause for a second, but then Twilight started screaming and pointing at Rainbow's hooves.
Dash looked down at her hooves, and saw that she were going from blue to purple. "Oh, it would seem that the duplication spell did work, but is making Rainb.. me, into me.. you. AAAAA" Rainbow cried out, closhing her head.
"What's wrong?!" Twilight asked.
"Will the duplication spell is now in prosh of giving me a magicis ortum" Dash answer.
"You're growing a horn!" Twilight replied.
Rainbow noted.
After a full minutes Rainbow Dash was now a clone of Twilight Sparkle.
"We need to undo this!" Twilight said
"Yes, we need to change you back to Rainbow Dash!" Said the new Twilight.
"Umm.. it's you who was Rainbow" Said the real Twilight.
"No no no" Said the pony that ones was Dash. "It's jest the spell that makes you think you are me.
Twilight thought for a second. "Tell me, What here you wearing ?" She asked the Twilight clone.
"That's easy, a labcoat" the new Twilight replied. But then pauses when she sees that the Twilight in infront of she was wearing a labcoat. She looks at her self in the mirror, and sees that she has a wonderbolts uniform form wonder-camp on. "A.." Uses her magic to get a pen and start writing NOT THE REAL TWILIGHT no her self.
"Don't be sad" Said the real Twilight.
"Easy for you to say" Said the clone.
They both started to find a cure

A Earth-Pony Stallion, becomes an Alicorn !

Big McIntosh shook his head at the sight before him. "Nope nope nope!" He tried to back away.

"Oh McIntosh, you are here to help the little fillies and colts today." Cheerilee's smile could melt hearts, and of course it worked twice as well on the big stallion. "But I mainly need help with the colts, I was hoping you might show them around your farm?"

"Uh…" Mac looked at the group of foals, noticing there was only two colts among them. "Eeyup!" Relief flooded him, he wasn't going to spend the day surrounded by tiny fillies. "Come on."

Snips and Pip Squeak bounced over to the huge stallion, looking up at him.

"I'm going to be big and strong just like McIntosh, one day!" Pip's proclamation earned a noncommittal sigh from Snips. "What's the matter, chum?"

"Snails is off at a ball game again." Snips gave a sigh, plodding along after the big red stallion. "Hey, what's that?" His eyes had alighted on a shiny thing on the side of the path. Letting the stallion wander off without them, he and Pip explored it.

"It looks bright." Pip climbed down the side of the ditch and reached out a hoof, rubbing mud and grime off what seemed to be a gold band of some kind. "Looks right shiny, I wonder if it is worth anything?" Leaning down, he plucked the big ring up in his teeth, tossed it into the air and leaned upwards.

The flash of white could be seen as far away as Manehatten. Pip, however, wasn't quite sure where he was now. "Um, hello? Excuse me, I don't mean to be a bother or anything, but—"

Another princess, so soon?" Celestia blinked, looking around the astral plane. "Where is—?" She looked down, way, way down. "Hello?"

"Hi there!" Pip Squeak waved a wing at Princess Celestia. "My name is Pip Squeak. Where am I?" It took a moment for the little colt to realize something very strange had happened. He stretched both wings forward, staring at them. "What the heck…"

"Congratulations on your ascension, Prince Pip Squeak!" Celestia waved a hoof and dipped her head. "You will forgive me for asking, normally I see these coming, but what were you doing before you came here?" It would, of course, be what he was a prince of, it was how fate worked.

"Oh, this and that. I was actually pushing aside a horse-apple at the time, when I found this neck thingy." Pip lifted a gold-shoed hoof to tap his neck. "Isn't it shiny?"

"The prince… of horse-apples…" Celestia lifted a hoof and planted it firmly in the middle of her forehead.

~~~~~+++++~~~~~

Discord into a pony

Princess Celestia, solar matriarch, ruler of Equestria and arguably the most influential political figure across all the known lands (even disregarding her control of the Sun)... Tentatively reached out a hoof, but hesitated before setting it down on the beach. A furrow crossed her brow.

"What's wrong, sister?" asked Luna, looking back to her elder sibling from the ocean's edge. The gentle waves at the point where beach met brine lapped about Luna's hooves, splashing about as Luna turned to face her sister. "Do you not like the beach? I thought you wanted the day off..."

"I do, Luna," Celestia insisted. "But must we take a break at the beach?"

"What's wrong with the beach?"

Celestia sighed, "If you must know, water is the antithesis of fire, and the Sun is made of fire, and I am as intertwined with the Sun as it is with me."

Luna stared at her blankly for a moment before bursting out into a fit of giggles.

"The Sun's big enough and hot enough to evaporate all the water on the planet several times over without losing so much as a flicker of flame," Luna pointed out. "Besides, it's not like you could drown or anything. We're immortal, remember?"

Prompted by her younger sister's goading, Celestia sighed once more and trotted out to the water's edge, but did not trot any further.

"Still sheepish?" Luna teased, sticking her tongue out in friendly sibling rivalry. "How about this? Twilight has been sending me books on modern Equestria for years. Maybe something they taught me will help you enjoy the water?"

"Luna, I'm sure that's not--" Celestia started to say before she was cut off by a blinding torrent of lunar magic bathing her in an ethereal glow. "Luna! We agreed not to enchant each other!"

"It's not an enchantment, technically," Luna mused as Celestia's stomach gurgled, her limbs feeling shaky. Suddenly, she felt very dry all over, and the ocean was indeed looking very inviting... "It's a curse, but don'y worry, I can lift it at any time!"

Celestia wasn't listening. In fact, listening to frequencies above the water was becoming increasingly difficult as her ears withered and retracted into the top of her head. Her mane was receding as well, the flowing colors fading away as her entire body began to bloat and grow in a massive swathe of flesh. Celestia's pristine white coat faded into the grey blubber, her hind legs snapping together and melting into one another. Hooves softened and stretched and flattened into flippers, teeth stretched and wavered and thinned into baleen, and her nostrils closed shut only for a singular hole to open at the top of her massive head. Celestia continued to grow bigger and bigger until she dwarfed Luna in size, unable to do anything but flail her flippers and huge tail, making odd, drawn-out sounds.

"You'll be sure to enjoy the ocean now!" Luna promised, barely able to contain her mirth. With a bit of levitation, Luna lifted her elder sister and set her down into the waves further off the coast. "Just be sure not to swim into any schools of shark-seaponies!"

Next Prompt: You transform into an anthropomorphic Princess Cadance.

Prompt: You transform into an anthropomorphic Princess Cadance.

“Are you sure you’re going to be alright watching Nina tonight?”

“This isn’t my first rodeo Mr. Schwartz,” I nod and list off their usual schedule for their daughter, “Make sure she gets her homework done before any free time; dinner by 6:30 pm, money for pizza is by the fridge; in bed by 9 o’clock, her choice of bedtime story.”

Mrs. Schwartz nodded. “Thank you again so much for covering us on such short notice.”

I wave her off. “Hey, you’re my favorite family. Nina’s such a darling little girl.” Really I say that of all the families and children I babysit for, but it’s a ‘First Among Equals’ thing, I swear.

Mr. Schwartz called out to the back yard. “Nina, mommy and daddy are leaving, come say goodbye.”

“Coming!” Nina ran into the kitchen, wearing a black wig with a purple highlight in it. Her eyes lit up when she saw me. “Oh my gosh, you’re here.” She latched onto me and we hugged.

“Right, right kiddo, you’re parents have to do something tonight but I’m going to be watching you tonight,” I release her from the hug and nod to her parents. “Why don’t you go say bye to them.”

She practically hopped over to her parents and gave them the biggest hug she could, with a kiss complete with a fake ‘mwah’. “Bye mommy, bye daddy.”

“Bye honey, we’ll be back after you’re asleep so behave yourself.”

With that, and some more reluctant goodbyes, Nina’s parents left. She waved to them as they pulled out of the driveway and drove off. Once they were out of sight, I nudged her. “So, let’s go get that homework of your’s done and then we can watch some cartoons?”

To Nina’s credit, she is a really smart cookie. Certainly a better student than I was at her age. I knew enough that she was quirky, and didnt think twice when she insisted on keeping her wig on .Thankfully I had the advantage of several years on her, so I didnt have to embarrass myself when she asked for help with her math and science. Reading along with her for English was fun too.

Unfortunately by the time we got done the sun was setting early, so there wasn’t much time for playing outside. She had other plans though. She tugged me over to the living room and sat my rear down. “I found this show I love,” she said as she flicked through Netflix. So long as it wasn’t ‘Super Sex Doom Goresplosion’ or something like that she was allowed to watch it, which was fine by me. “It’s all about ponies! There’s a character in there I think you’d like.”

I already had an inkling what she was going to show me, but I let her surprise me. As I guessed it was the most recent incarnation of My Little Pony. “Oh hey,” I said as the theme song started, “I remember this show from when I was your age. Or at least another version of it.”

As the episode started I finally recognized Nina’s current hairstyle, belonging to the main character Twilight Sparkle. Then came another pink pony, who Nina pointed out to me. “That’s Cadance, that’s you. She’s the best babysitter and so are you.”

“But Nina, I’m not a pony,” I giggle, “nice rhyme though, did you just come up with that?”

She sticks her tongue out at me. “Maybe. But could we maybe, sorta do the dance they do?” She fast forwards to a part of the episode where Twilight Sparkle and Cadance greet each other with a simple song and dance.

I tousle her hair. “Sure thing, but you’re going to have to walk me through it.”

She pulled me to my feet with youthful exuberance. “Okay just do after me.” “Sunshine sunshine,” she bounced on her legs and I followed behind. “Ladybugs awake, “she covered her eyes with her hands, though I didn't so I could watch. “Clap your hooves,” this part I remembered, it was a patty-cake sort of deal. “And give a little shake,” we both turned around and shook our butts. “See, you got it! Now let’s see if you can do it from the top.”

Simple enough, and I did the dance again for her to satisfy her. Of course bouncing around was just too much fun and we both broke out into giggles. Soon enough she was satisfied and we sat down to watch the rest of the episode. It was short and pleasant enough, I couldn’t really follow most of it but I don’t think there was anything objectionable to it.

By the time the credits rolled around it felt like I sat on something, maybe a throw pillow that got bunched up. Nina got up to grab herself her one soda for the day while I tried to dig whatever I was sitting on out. I stood up, but there was nothing there. “Huh,” I reached down between the cushions to see if it slid even further down. A lock of pink hair fell over my eyes and I brushed it aside. “Nina, you got wig for me?”

Nina’s voice echoed from the nearby kitchen. “What wig?” She walked in and gasped, dropping her can of soda. “Y-your,” she stuttered, quickly picking the can back up.

I pushed by her, grabbing some paper towels. “Ach, let’s get this cleaned up before we slip on it.”

“B-but,” Nina continued to stutter.

I waved her off, kneeling to soak up the liquid. “It’s no biggie, just got to get this cleaned up.” The wig fell into my eyes again and I grabbed it to take it off. A sharp tug told me it was no wig. “What the heck?” I fell onto my rear, another pang of discomfort running down my spine. I reached into my pants and pulled out a long curly tail the same colors as my ‘wig’.

Nina rushed over. “I dunno what’s happening? Why are you turning into Cadance?” She gave me what little support I could as I stood up, socks hanging off my feet oddly. I took a step and the muted ‘clop’ told me I needed to look at my feet next.

Shock kept my voice even. “Nina, I think I want to lie down on the couch now, could you help me?” To her credit, she did help me to the couch without complaint and even got me some pillows before taking up a place hovering over my face, twirling my new hair around her finger. “Thank you. Could you help me some more? Can you help me get my socks off?”

Nina made a disgusted face. “Fine, but you owe me.” She bounced over to me feet, and tugged off my socks. As I suspected, they were horse-like hooves, and a fine pink fuzz grew up my legs. A similar fuzz creeped out from under my sleeves. Nina rubbed what used to be my ankle. “It’s like velvet.” She was quiet for a few moments. “Does it hurt?”

I let out a sigh, rubbing my temples. I could feel the fuzz creeping up my face, which was quickly pushing out. A horn poked through my fingers. “No, Nina, I don’t feel a thing. But it feels so odd.”

My ears flicked as Nina padded on over. “Aw, you’re turning into the pony? I want to be the pony!” Her voice was thick with disappointment.

I smiled at that. “Well, I don’t think your parents would be too happy with that.” She poked my nose, and I instinctively scrunched up. “What is it?”

“I want to do the dance again.”

I look at her, ears perking up. “What? Again? So soon?”

She shrugs. “Well, I want to do it again, especially with Princess Cadance.”

“I’m not,” I start, but her she puts on eyes that would make a puppy give in. “Alright,” I swing my legs over and stand up with surprising ease, “how does it go again? ‘Sunshine Sunshine’’...

Next Prompt: Your best friend transforms into best pone (purposefully ambiguous) and only you notice.

It was a beautiful spring morning. The birds were singing, the dew on the grass glittered in the sunshine, and though a thick fog had set in overnight, today there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

It was miserable.

"Hey, you better not be dozing off back there!" Jake called back to you.

"Ugh, don't remind me," you responded.

The two of you continued to pedal your bikes down the quiet country road. School days were awful, Mondays doubly so. At a time when any reasonable person would be sleeping (that is to say, any time at all) you not only had to get out of bed, but leave your house and (eugh) study? Not cool.

"We'd better not be late again! You know what Ms. Li said last time, right?" he said.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry. We'll be fine. That one wasn't even my fault! You're the klutz who couldn't keep from crashing into those trash cans."

"Hey, that was just 'cause I gotta keep one eye on you all the time! I'm not even that kl-" he started to say. Unfortunately, the dirt road was still slick with moisture, and as he turned his head to look at you, he pedaled into a patch of mud, sending him flying.

You pulled to a stop, just in time to see him sitting up, his hair and back covered in mud.

"Pfft" you snickered, trying (and failing) to hold in your laughter.

Jake shook his head quickly, trying to shake off the impact, though doing little to the mud. He turned around to say something, but when he opened his mouth to talk, you didn't even hear a word.

All you could focus on were those giant, mismatched amber-colored eyes.

---

"Dude, I'm serious! Your face is... it's all..." you tried to say.

"Seriously, knock it off. I know you love to joke around, but you're gonna cause a scene if you keep it up," he shot back.

By the time you'd gotten to school, there was no denying it. What had started with the eyes had spread to his whole face, which had grown a thin layer of gray fur and poked out into a small muzzle. His hair had started to turn blonde, and even his ears had shifted to the top of his head, very closely resembling a cat's.

But perhaps even stranger was the fact that nobody else seemed to notice anything out of the ordinary. No unusual stares in the hallway, no snarky comments. You'd both stepped into the bathroom to clean off, and when you pointed out his changes in the mirror, he seemed totally oblivious.

Afterwards you both sat in homeroom, at your desks at the very back of the class, whispering back and forth while Ms. Li led the class in her typical cheery way.

"I'm not joking!" you said. "You're covered in fur, your eyes are all screwy..."

"There is nothing wrong with my eyes and you know it!"

"...and... is that a TAIL!" you cried out.

"Ahem." You heard a not-so-subtle cough from the front of the room.

"Whoops," you said, looking up to see Ms. Li staring right at you.

"Would you come up here a moment, please?" she asked. She was smiling, but you could tell she wasn't happy.

You stood up, gulped, and made your way to the front of the class, feeling all eyes on you. A few students giggled.

"Now, do you have something you'd like to share with the rest of the class?" she said.

"I, um..." you began. "It's just... Jake, he's... there's something wrong with him, and nobody seems to care, and-"

"That's quite enough," Ms. Li cut in, stepping in front of you. "You know how sensitive Ms. Hooves is about her condition. Now I want you to look her in the eyes and apologize, right now."

You looked to the back of the class, and your eyes went wide. There, sitting next to your desk, was what could only be described as a small, gray pony. She looked at you with one of her eyes, the other one examining something on the ceiling in great detail.

Your mouth dropped, and for a minute all you could do was stare. But when you realized your teacher was still standing there, arms crossed impatiently, you sputtered out "s...sorry. I'm sorry."

You trudged back to your seat. As you were about to sit down, the pony reached over and embraced you in a tight hug.

"Thanks for apologizing. I really do appreciate it! I know how hard that can be for you, Rainbow Dash."

You nodded, and she let you go as you sat down. Ms. Li started to talk again, but you were still trying to recover from-

Your eyes went wide.

"WHAT!?"

-----

Next Prompt: A member of the Pie family (any member) turns into a rock.

My first go at writing a story! That was fun.

This was your first story? It's nice. I liked the foreshadowing on the twist ending there. Certainly a good take on the prompt.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14