Badass Twilight = Total Domination 4,275 members · 1,245 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Alright alright, I know how many people dislike Equestria Girls, but just hear me out about this.

So in Rainbow Rocks, Twilight needs to get to the alternate dimension, but the portal is closed. So she, in all of her incredible nerd glory, manages to establish a stable method of traveling between dimensions in what was probably under an hour or so. Can we just talk about how crazy that is? Just afterwards she rattles off some technical babble that I don’t understand and that probably makes no sense, but she sounded real smart. It just makes me think about how she could probably be a scientist if the whole princess thing doesn’t work out.

You're not wrong. Sci-twi in the third movie clearly demonstrates what happens to Twilight's personality in a world without magic. She ends up creating artificial intelligence, for goodness sake. Also, the general consensus on EQG is that the first movie was a letdown, the second movie made the franchise interesting, and by extension the first movie became more watchable in retrospect.

For Twilight never inventing anything I blame Celestia and her School for Burying Potential of Gifted Unicorns.

who says she never invented anything just cause the show never mentions it doesnt mean she hasnt, she could have writen several spells herself and maybe for all we know the engines those lovely airships we see use could have been designed by twilight

I heard that Twilight's magic babble is just part of the Pythagorean Theorem, but I digress.

shes a magic Student. Magic in equestria is basically just another science. In the first few episodes, Twilight directly states, that she doesnt believe in the Supernatural, only in Things that are scientifically plausible.
And later Seasons establish, that the law of equivalent Exchange is also a Thing. Even magic cant create or destroy matter directly, only reshape it.
Even discord cant do that: when the Team of secondary characters tried to Infiltrate the changeling hive, discord spawned a flying pig, seemingly out of nowhere, but when it entered the no-magic-zone, it despawned, similiar to a holodeck construct from startrek.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6