Friendship is Magic: the Gathering 250 members · 46 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

My sealed pool included: 2x Ashiok, 1x Aid the Fallen, 1x Spark Double

My opponents were less than enthused by my ability to cycle through 4 Ashioks. :trollestia:

My two prize packs had Ilharg and Gideon, so double mythics felt good.

I also opened a box. Among other things, I opened Fblthp, Roalesk, and Niv-Mizzet, which are the three Commander decks I want to build from this set.

I went Simic Superfriends with Jiang Yanggu, Kasmina, Nissa, Jace, and Ugin. As a rule of thumb, if Nissa or Ugin stuck, I won that game. They're kind of bonkers, and in other news, water is wet. Also, Bond of Insight can be very powerful in the right deck. Getting back No Escape and Band Together while milling their Casualties of War feels wrong in the best way possible, a perfect expression of Dimir-Izzet collaboration.

Also, I got to say "My lands beat up your hippo," so it was definitely a good day.

That said, do not forget Sarkhan's triggered ability. That's how I lost my second match.

do not forget Sarkhan's triggered ability

I almost got one opponent with Oath of Kaya. My walker spread was actually kind of impressive in how color-compact it was:

• 2x Ashiok
  • 2x Dovin
  • 1x Narset
  • 1x Sorin
  • 1x Kiora

Sorin is the only one in that list that can't be cast on only UB mana. I splashed white for Sorin and Oath of Kaya (and being able to use white mana to cast Dovin). I took Kiora out of my deck after round 1 because I realized I only had a single creature that hit her trigger and her loyalty ability is less than impressive in limited.

Played Gruul uh... creatures and walkers? 2-1, and my last match was pretty close. Came down to "does my opponent draw 3 more damage to crack back at me and win, or nothing useful and lose the round". But then they drew an answer.

Domri, Dumbass Anarch of Bolas does work. Repeated fights is very strong, especially when you don't have to use mana, and have proliferate support.

Also the Boar god is pretty strong, even without an ETB creature, but I saved an ETB creature most of the time.

Played in a 2HG event today. My half of the pool included Gideon Blackblade, Enter the God-Eternals, Finale of Glory (promo), Finale of Revelation, Oath of Kaya, Soul Diviner (foil), and Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord; I was playing Esper, running all my rares except Sorin and Finale of Revelation, while my teammate was playing Simic (playing my Finale of Revelation).

My teammate's half of the pool wasn't quite as impressive, but we did get a fair amount of fliers, amass, and proliferate (including Eternal Skylord and promo Dreadhorde Invasion which contributed to me having a 16/16 flying vigilance lifelink zombie army one game).

We went 3-0, although round 2 was very close. We eventually turned the game around in our favor thanks to a complete board wipe from Massacre Girl, which our opponents never recovered from. Round 3 took less than 12 minutes...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5