Friendship is Magic: the Gathering 250 members · 46 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

BEHOLD, MY FAVORITE PLANESWALKER RETURNS FROM THEROS!

Yeah, Ajani! Kick that jerk's ass!

I have to wonder, why is he kicking that jerk's ass? I don't think Ajani ever met Chandra until now, especially since it's unclear where the original five planeswalkers visiting Lorwyn fits into the timeline... though given what's happened to Garruk since, I suppose it must have happened by now. :applejackunsure:

Also, while the circumstances, art, and name of the card are awesome, part of me can't help but notice that it's strictly worse than Gideon's Reproach.

I'm theorizing that his reasons are Nicol Bolas related... AFter all, while he did originally let go of his thirst for vengeance, Nicol Bolas is still the one whose machinations and reforming of Alara contributed the most to the death of his brother. And look, there's a servant of that dragon here.

Okay, another reason... apparently some time off-screen Ajani got to know Tamiyo and visited Kamigawa. He had actually gone back to visit them sometime after Elspeth's death.

Tamiyo placed her hand on Ajani's arm. She wore a face he'd only ever seen her show Genku, late at night, when everyone was supposed to be asleep. "You've been away for months," she said, nearly below hearing. "Where is Elspeth?"

The giant's neck bent like a willow in the rain. The brightness of his eye closed. "She's...not coming."

Ume pulled him around the corner.

Poor big kitty.

And I guessed right... He's here in Kaladesh because of Tezzeret.

Also, damn, kitty, you need a hug! You raged against the Gods who took her, and it still wasn't enough to sate the pain. Just because you feel it should have been you... doesn't mean that is so.

"Release" is now my favorite Uncharted Realms tale.

At least he has friends and a sort of family.

Seriously, I would totally watch the slice of life anime that is Tamiyo's home life. Especially when the kids dogpile Ajani while calling out "Neko-san!" So cute. :rainbowkiss:

5571106 Agreed. ALSO, in the next one.

"What's a leonin doing with you?" Liliana asked, sizing up Ajani.

"What's a Gatewatch?" Ajani asked, looking down at her.

I love it. XD

It's kind of funny, reading Uncharted Realms, and Ajani stating he "won" against Nicol Bolas by, in his word, "cheating" in the past.

I mean, he did cheat. RW deck cloning an opponent's planeswalker? I call hax. :derpytongue2:

Maelstrom Mirage 3R
Sorcery
Create a token that's a copy of target permanent. That token has haste and "At the beginning of the end step, exile this permanent."
Ajani called upon the only force powerful enough to oppose Bolas.

Wait, crap, Alara Reborn. It'd have to be multicolored somehow. :derpytongue2:

5807493 RW, then. That was his color then.

Well, started this thread about Ajani... let's transition to Nicol Bolas, shall we? :D Big ol' dragon has been BUSY, hasn't he?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14