Spike Fanfictions 2,960 members · 5,609 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I watched it earlier today.

Saw it a few days ago. Weird they didn’t release this to the west and not have an episode of it.

So many missed opportunities; I think that's more the network and Hasbro putting constraints on the kinds of stories the team was allowed to tell.

One can only imagine the sort of stories one could have told in the world of My Little Pony had only they been given the chance to actually bother fleshing out its world like nobody's business. Instead of Zecora our Magical Plot-Resolving Negro talking about a gemstone hidden somewhere that could grant wishes, why not instead have Spike stumble across a group of Dragons that do not abide to the Dragons' "Fire and Brimstone" Philosophy that took on the Draconic slur for "Lizards Not Like Dragons" which is known colloquially as "Kobold" as a badge of honor. These Kobolds would have access to a number of things; including medallions and earrings that can allow a Dragon to change shape at will and Spike ends up getting one which transforms him into a Pony whenever worn. As his newfound Pegasus form is getting accustomed to, an accident happens where a house is on fire and nopony else can brave the flames. Spike looks down at his Pony form before shifting back into his Dragon form and walking through the fire to save those in trouble. Sure it would play up the "Be Yourself" cliché, but at the end it would be shown that the Kobolds say that just because his Pony form wasn’t able to solve everything as a Pony doesn't mean that it's worthless altogether for him, so Spike keeps the medallion and shifts into a Pony every now and again to do the things that he wanted to do as a Pony.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5