Spike Fanfictions 2,959 members · 5,596 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

What if someone did a Human in Equestria and the human is Chinese/Japanese and this person starts changing everypony's opinion of Spike and make him a more respected member. This is especially since dragons are seen as wise creatures in those myths

A. i believe Spiken is already beloved, mostly due to him being a sweetheart, and saving the Crystal Empire multiple times over. So, what exactly do you want this Human to change the population's opinions to?

B: Why does this person need to be a specific race? Dragons are found in several cultures and are respected in several as well.

C: Why on earth would anypony care what this random human has to say about dragons in a society that's already established them as enigmatic (early season) To brutes (later) to 'under new management' with Ember.

At least more respected among the Main 6 rather than being seen as the labourer or the punching bag for jokes and stuff like that. Also, in Equestrian culture, dragons were mostly seen as monsters and the Chinese and Japanese have lots of legends (that I'm aware of at least) depicting dragons as wise creatures

You could also substitute Chinese/Japanese with the Kirin.

Not to say it’s a bad idea but Chinese and Japanese legends and the actual dragons that are there are going to have different weights to them also since spike is a BABY dragon while they know he’s intelligent with all he does like translate what twi says about the wing power thingy and snap her out of her freak outs there is no possible way they would put him on the same pedestal as dragons millenniums older then him especially if it’s coming from someone who’s not from there world. After all they brush off legends and other things from there own world calling them “just an old pony’s tail” and not real, I mean alt. World you do you but it doesn’t make sense to me

I'd want nothing more than for Spike to make one last big development in his character before Generation 4 ends. Enough of the whole underdog, errand boy, or sidekick kind of ordeal. I was hoping to see some actual Asian dragons appear in the MLP Universe, with some acting on the role as Spike's mentor. But after reading everyone else's comment, I guess it's just too much to hope for.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7