Editors Group 190 members · 71 stories
Comments ( 56 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 56

A Partner Thread were Writers can post their storie.
Editors from the Primary thread can Do their thing!
Enjoy,
Tamaki :heart:

Edit^3: We got it worked out.

How are you gentlemen/ladies. I am in need of an editor who'd be willing to nitpick my story for errors. The story in question is my Grimdark/Crossover Into Darkness. If you're interested, please send me a PM when convenient. Thank you!

I'm new here, and I would like an editor/proofreader for my self-insertion HiE, A New Day, A New World. Story in question contains gore to an extent, romance, comedy, and adventure. I wouldn't mind some help. :twilightsmile:

Hey Golden Hoof, did you ever get an editor response? If not I'll shoot your request out to a couple of people.

Oooooooh a challenge. I'll shoot you an email shortly and ask for more specifics.

297024 Oh man sorry I didn't get back to you on that! Yeah, Tamaki sent me a message a few days ago saying he'd review it. Still waiting back on him. Sorry for the long wait. :twilightblush:

Meh it's that time of year. End of school year + Q3 for business is just on the horizon.

I returned home but this group doesn't get much traffic :fluttershysad:

Hello everypony. :) I was hoping someone here would be willing to, as Golden hoof said, 'nitpick my story for errors.' (and pretty much anything else that should be changed) It is located here if anypony wants to have a go at it, and just shoot me a PM whenever it's convenient for you. :)

Thanks in advance. :)
- Jane

Hello guys. I'm new here and to the world of fan fiction. I would really appreciate a second (or third) opinion on my story. Feel free to let me know exactly what you think. I can take it. :ajsmug:

Here

I'd look at your story but there's no chapters to it! Make sure you've got everything published right and I'll try and get back to you if I'm not busy.

Sorry about that! My head has been all over the place as of late. I have gone over it a few more times and made changes. It should be ready. Here

Alright, I'll get to you asap! I don't normally review romance, but what the hell. Also, please be patient as I'm already reviewing somebody else's story.

Hello there everyone! I was wondering if i could have someone look over a story of mine and edit it so that it is up to par with the other i have written out (with the assistance of an editor who is currently swamped so i was directed here) the story is called Smoke On The Horizon, i have not sent it to be moderated yet as i am waiting for it to be edited but i must warn that at first read it is not all d'aww (there is some), as the story depicts the fall of the alicorns and will eventually head unto the dark paths of war, where pony's will die (don't fret it is when luna and celestia are fillies so there is no mane 6 death or other pony that we know well death) and i'm not going to soften the blow and describe it in nice terms as i do like to paint a mental picture when i write :$ unfortunately that is all i can disclose now but remember do not let the initial content decieve you, this story is planned on a dark slope which starts in the sunshine before descending into darkness

Hello there everyone! I was wondering if i could have someone look over a story of mine and edit it so that it is up to par with the other i have written out (with the assistance of an editor who is currently swamped so i was directed here) the story is called Smoke On The Horizon, i have not sent it to be moderated yet as i am waiting for it to be edited but i must warn that at first read it is not all d'aww (there is some), as the story depicts the fall of the alicorns and will eventually head unto the dark paths of war, where pony's will die (don't fret it is when luna and celestia are fillies so there is no mane 6 death or other pony that we know well death) and i'm not going to soften the blow and describe it in nice terms as i do like to paint a mental picture when i write :$ unfortunately that is all i can disclose now but remember do not let the initial content decieve you, this story is planned on a dark slope which starts in the sunshine before descending into darkness

Also, if anybody would be so inclined to look at my other story Strange Winds you can do so, here (but only if you want to) but mostly im here for an editor :pinkiehappy:

Help him guys! I'm currently bogged down with loads of stuff, and he's awesome! :pinkiehappy:

308424 hurray! i'm awesome apparently :D

309707 You got anyone yet? I'm still swamped in stuff.

309714 Nah, they all seem like they're being shy or something :/

300915 298854 296722 Guys! We need someone! And I'm busy with four people at the moment so I can't take this one!

309813>>309811

Sorry on this one guys, I don't do 2nd person. Absolutely cannot stand it and in deference to Caelum I will spend most of my time bitching about the PoV choice rather than helping you so probably best to find someone else >_>.

309818 The one he's after isn't second person. That one already has an editor

Didn't realize that there was a second one.

309821 Hello there everyone! I was wondering if i could have someone look over a story of mine and edit it so that it is up to par with the other i have written out (with the assistance of an editor who is currently swamped so i was directed here) the story is called Smoke On The Horizon, i have not sent it to be moderated yet as i am waiting for it to be edited but i must warn that at first read it is not all d'aww (there is some), as the story depicts the fall of the alicorns and will eventually head unto the dark paths of war, where pony's will die (don't fret it is when luna and celestia are fillies so there is no mane 6 death or other pony that we know well death) and i'm not going to soften the blow and describe it in nice terms as i do like to paint a mental picture when i write :$ unfortunately that is all i can disclose now but remember do not let the initial content decieve you, this story is planned on a dark slope which starts in the sunshine before descending into darkness
That one

Yeah I just looked at the description but since I was reading UP rather than down (like a normal human being) I just went to the first link I saw.

I'll have some time this weekend, but got to do some more packing and moving prep so it'll depend on Caelum. Does my editing style match what he's looking for and how much time does he need?

309811 Caelum! Answer him, because I don't know.

309707>>309828

You can either look in the editor list in this forum or my profile's only blog post lists my editing style (which I suppose I should go update soon >_>). If you think I could be of use to you PM me or reply to me here and we'll work something out :rainbowkiss:

309828 Yes Mcyav i shall haha

309826 As for you Shira, two things. One, Twilight is one of my main favourites too! :D, and two, yes i would very much appreciate your editing prowess

Best pony is best pony :twilightsheepish:

Takin' it to PMs.

309813 Sorry, I'd take some stories but I'm dealing with the finals and can't really find the time to look over stories. Should be done next week though.

Anyone interested in helping me improve the story that I'm working on.

I'm hoping to bring it up to Equestria Daily standards.

The title of my story isBooks. It's a romantic comedy that stems from a common interest in literature.

I would definitely be willing to accept PMs detailing any advice you might have for improvement.

Thanks for the consideration!

Good day gentlemen and ladies, how do you do? I have need of an editor, would someone help me out

316940 Which story do you need help with?

309824 Do you still need help

I need an editor to check over the later parts of my story, mostly to check for consistency in plot, style, and sense of character. It would be a good idea to read over the first part of the story so that you may become familiar with how it is set up so far: Her Majesty's Envoy.
And just so I'm clear, this first part doesn't need an edit (spent weeks looking it over), it is the later parts I have that need help. I guess you can message me if you are willing to help.
I can also help others edit their works in return. I did put up my information as an editor here.

Alright, I am in the middle of progressing through chapter 1. I need an editor who would assist me on correcting any errors.

Whoa when did this thread get so popular?

I want to do this but I'm about to do a big inter-state move so I will not be available until end of next week :applecry:

Hi! I'm new to the group and I was hoping that could get a review. This is my first story tentatively titled "Timber." I would like any critique that can be offered and will gladly offer my own to any others who need it.

Go on, let me have it. :flutterrage:

P.S. I have all the time in the world, so there will be no complaints from me if it takes a while.

Well, now I'm curious. How long does it take for others to normally edit?
(I actually have a mental disability that causes me to process words at approximately 2.5 times below the average rate. I'm not dumb, just abnormally slow at processing. It is actually helpful when editing because it grants a more discerning eye.)
Also, while I'll most likely upload the second part by then, the third part will most likely still need some help, so I suppose you could help with that when you get the chance.

That's a difficult question because there are a lot of facets to it. Editing covers a huge range of different 'services'. From spelling and grammar correction (usually condensed as 'pre/proof-reading') to more esoteric things like preventing plot holes, helping with characterization, helping generate ideas and the such. Also the amount of words to cover matters a lot. With my primary 3 projects I can spend upwards of 1-3 hours on a single 10k word chunk primarily for ideas. If the person is horrible at grammar/spelling (which thankfully none of my authors are) you could double that. But it's crazy dependent on a lot of factors. I'd be shocked if there's an 'average'.

For me, I've had to pack my whole apartment up, finish a ton of things at work for the next guy, and arrange everything at my destination so putting much brain power beyond simple comments on fics has been beyond me and will be till next week. :applejackconfused:

Could you give us a brief synopsis of the story? What tags are relevant, etc?

323052 Ironically, I just finished typing this up for a message.:pinkiesmile:

It is a slice-of-life/romance story following the lives of five (or perhaps more) friends over the course of a few years. The timeline coincides with that of the show, starting a few days before the Summer Sun Celebration, but has no connection at all with Ponyville or the Mane 6.

Will include: A pony who is blind, at least one Changeling, my own interpretation of Earth Pony magic, and saucy whispered conversations of off screen debauchery.

This story was partially done as a personal experiment in trying to use senses other than sight to try to convey things. So let's see how it works.

Huh...that's really interesting. If no one has picked you up by next week I think I may stake claim on that. You can always try PMing people in the "editor profile's" thread.

Blind pony, I like that. One way or another I'm going to have to read that.

321862 I'll do it (If I haven't already done it).

I actually have two stories that I'd love to get an editor for.
The first is The Knights of Fiction an HIE about a guy who has to protect the world of Friendship is Magic from the threat of invading fanfiction.
The second, A Magical Odyssey, is another HIE, where six mages from a neighboring country work together with the mane six to retrieve a stolen artifact.
For the most part, I think A Magical Odyssey is the one with the most need for an editor, seeing how it has three straight dislikes with no likes. :unsuresweetie:
So, um, thanks in advance. :twilightsheepish:

328674 I'il do A Magical Odyssey. I'm sort of bogged down with other projects so I can't do the other one.

Hey everypony!

'Kay then. Long story short is that I've had some reviews on my story that mainly were critical of grammar and other writing technicalities. Ergo, this be an editor hunt.

Sins Of The Father

In essence this is a working on the classic 'Stranger In A Strange Land' story. Plus the oft traveled path of weirdness-be-happening-in-the-Everfree. It's still early days yet so I'm not wanting to give much away.

Currently only tagged as Adventure but will be having Slice Of Life in closely upcoming chapters and Dark in the latter stages.

As before, I really need an editor. Apparently it is common for an author to see nothing wrong when there most certainly is. Halp... :fluttershysad:

Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here

Friendship Is Magic meets FLCL. It's not just a "retelling with ponies", a lot of elements are reworked from scratch, in an attempt to take full advantage of the written medium to reproduce the feel of the series, rather than trying to do so by reimagining the animation "with words".

Mustang is an incredibly average pony. By his own will. He wants nothing but to fit in, to be in the mainstream. Never laughs too hard. Never frowns too much. Always the bystander, always the obedient student. Never speaks out or acts out.

But his feelings were bottled in. He didn't know how to deal with that.

Then out of the clouds, under the moonlight, came Rahal the Tigress, who clubbed him

in the head with a saxophone, while carried by a flying contraption. And, well, his life got flip-turned upside down.

And yes, it' got lots of contradictory tags because Rahal is a selfish prick who will stop at nothing to get what she wants, but she is a huge lot of fun to be around, and comedy and drama become one-and-the-same. It's kind of Kafka-esque.

Possible tags here; FLCL is extremely eclectic in tone and style, and there'll probably be elements from every single tag, but I'd say it's more like "Random Dark Comedy coming-of-age story with a strong touch of humanity" or "Monty Python taking pity on a child that ended up caught in one of their story arcs, and mentoring him".

I need all the help I can get, at least until I hit my stride. I'll do my darnedest not to be an unrewarding disappointment.

The story is available on Gdocs, link available on request.

Thanks, everyone, I look forward to working with you.

Title: Dominion
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/40571/Dominion

The story following the confident Aurora through her journey through the stars. After her convoy is destroyed by a group of pirates, she starts to wage a personal war against the Blood Raiders, a dominant Pirate faction in the galaxy. The pirates kidnap Aurora's sister, and things start getting personal. The story's focus is on character development, and space sciency fictional action. The posted chapters are the ground work on the story.

Sci-Fi; Crossover; Action; Romance

Skype is my primary method of communication, and I would prefer to communicate through that medium. This is the first time I've submitted something online, not my first time writing. I would love an editor to help me out and fix up any grammar and sentence structure issues that I seem to be having.

PM me on fimfic, and we'll exchange skype usernames! :)

Thanks,

xzeno

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 56