The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,458 stories
Comments ( 90 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 90

Okay so I'm a big zombie fan right. I have seen all the zombie movies, read all the books, and played as many zombie video games as I can. But I haven't done the zombie stuff for a while because I've been busy. Luckily I'm done and I started doing fimfiction. So here is my idea. I plan on doing a zombie mlp story, but I don't want my OC to be the main character. So I want to to see if anyone is willing to let me make their OC the main character. Now if your worried about me killing the main character in the story, but I'm not the guy that does that. So there is an easy way to for your OC to be the main character. Just fill in the the character list. Easy yeah?

The Rules:

1) only use mlp ponies from the show. Background ponies count.

2)fill the entire list

3)be honest.(Can't let you OC be the main character if your not honest)

Those rules are easy enough, yeah? Always in a zombie apocalypse there is:

1) a jackass

2)someone that leaves the group and dies

3)someone who becomes the main characters lover

4)a relative

5)an ally to the end

6)a wimpy dork

7)two to five characters rescued and maybe die later

8)someone who is bossy

9)someone who is willing to put him/herself in dangerous situations to save the others.

10)the comical character

11) the one that rapes your relative (optional)

That's it. I look forward to the chosen ponies for the story. This will end on Tuesday. Enjoy

3039761 You are now made as spam. JK! :trollestia: You have a very good concept of zombie survival, may I ask if you have played The Walking Dead? :trixieshiftright:

Sure, I'll write your fic for you.

3039820 played, as in video game correct? I wrote that I've played as many games as I can. I haven't been able to play every zombie game and I'm still trying to do that. Sorry if you think that I'm lying, but every thing zombie that I heard of I've done, except for video games of course. No I have not played the walking dead, but I'm still watching the show. I apologize if I offended you.

3039949 None offense taken. :pinkiesmile: Also, the show has almost nothing to with the game. Just a heads up. Totally different cast. :twilightoops:

3040009 it is huh? I liked the show. That means I'll love to game. That means one thing. Must get hands on game. Oh and you can fill out the list. You OC might get picked. Give it a try.

3040050 Okay I'll try. My OC would probably do the dangerous situations for all the survivors she is a powerful spell caster and can handle (maybe) a gun very well. You could say she is a Jill of all trades. She would be a very good addition to the team if I did this correctly. :raritywink:

3039761 This is dumb, zombies suck, everyone knows the world will be taken over by giant chinchillas

12) The cyborg = Sweetie bot

3040283 it setting is in Manhattan. Zombie ponies came out of nowhere and attacked. The characters that survive in the beginning hear on the radio that there is a safe house and that they are developing a cure five days later. And the characters make their way to the safe house. I takes an hour until they turn.

TWD? Trying to remember what zombie game that was.

3040479 Damn! Now I feel like a idiot.

3040448 this is a story. I'm literally taking this seriously.

3040674 Zombies shouldn't be taken seriously, they are walking rotting flesh that eat people :ajbemused:

3040758 so? They make good stories and video games.

3041066 yea, if you don't want to think of something original :ajbemused:

3043272 fine, look... this is a contest to see who's OC will be the main character. So if you don't want to have your OC be the main character. Don't fill out the list and stop dissing on zombies, okay?

3039761 Let's see.

1. Diamond Tiara, was there ever any doubt?

2. Zecora, she needs to gather some ingredients for her potions, but gets ambushed in route. Alas, help comes too late.

3. For my OC, I suppose Applejack. That's the least likely to provoke a flame war.

4. Pokey Pierce. He'd make a great crazy uncle.

5. Flash Sentry, here he's a royal guard sent specifically to defend Ponyville, and he's a survival expert.

6. Technically my OC is smart, and an Earth Pony. But I could see myself overthinking the situation, and just because I'm an Earth Pony doesn't mean I'm strong.

7. Derpy, her husband Doctor Whooves a.k.a Time Turner, and their daughters Dinky and Sparkler, as well as Derpy's friend Raindrops. If the Doctor dies he can be reincarnated.

8. Trixie all the way, but her illusions can come in handy in a pinch.

9. Spike, both because he's so noble, and because he's eager to prove himself. He's not the scrappy though.

10. Cheese Sandwich, but with a gaint party tank and a party bomb on his side who's gonna mess with him?

Do I see the raping occurr? Either way I'm opting out of that one.

Add my OC Douchebag McSmucnossle

and zombies ARE lame, they are all over media, in our video games, in books, they are a lazy excuse for an enemy, they are like vampires, but not as bad.

I'm not dissin on zambys, I'm just saying it would be better if you came up with something original, and sticking a bunch of OCs in a zombie world just ain't gonna cut it.

3043459 actually I'm only picking one OC. The marvelous Mr. M and superpinkbrony12 are the only ones that did the list. I'm not desideing until Tuesday. That's when I'll post what I decided. Can't pick yours if you aren't going to do the list.

3044345 Zombies are so overused that it isn't even an argument, look at all the new movies and games. It's not even that the zombies are overused, it's the concept. The "holy sheit we have to survive or we are gonna die!!!!" concept. Dawn of the dead was good because it was one of the first to use that premise. There are so many things you can do with zombies, take lollipop chainsaw, a game where you fight zombies, but, instead of having them be scary or horrifying, they have them portrayed as weak and focus on killing a mass amount with ease. The Walking Dead game focuses on the horror aspect, but they actually HAVE development in the characters, thus making it a great game.

If you're gonna do something with zombyes, make it original. don't do the horror aspect unless you know you have great characters people will love.

3045254 It's not original, but I hardly focus on the zombies when I play it, heck if you took the zombies out, it would still be a damn good game

3045837 It wouldn't be that hard in a zombie land, they are so goddamn slow you could just run around them

3047701 well, I won't have to worry, because it will never happen in my lifetime :derpytongue2:

3050529 My friend wants it to happen, I promptly told him that he was being retarded

1) a jackass
Gilda (MWAHAHA!!!)
2)someone that leaves the group and dies
Braeburn. That cocky mofo leaves alone because he wants to 'prove his worth' by picking up some tatertots and a microwave, but the microwave is too heavy and he drops it on his tail, thusly trapping himself until the zomblers eat his brains.
3)someone who becomes the main characters lover
:facehoof: Hmm. I'm going to go with Soarin. Why? He's frickin awesome.
4)a relative
SCOOTALOO!!!!
5)an ally to the end
Ditzy Doo
6)a wimpy dork
Hmm... Twist? No not very nice. I'll just have to go with Granny Smith as she is very elderly.
Heck, you could even do Trenderhoof and then kill him off. (KILL HIM KILL HIM!!)
7)two to five characters rescued and maybe die later
Trenderhoof-- death by push into a pile of zomblers and water and run away as fast as you can but first getting some pictures to post to facebook and a video for youtube and even a parade in Ditzy Doo's honor now that he's dead. KILL HIM KILL HIM KILL HIM (not to put thoughts in your head or anything.)
Bon-Bon (I want to see Lyra's reaction)
Lyra-- Dammit don't you kill her! Unless you make it a suicide.
Sweetie Belle
Applebloom (kill these two if you really want me to kill you. DONT YOU KNOW CHILDREN ARE IMMUNE TO DEATH IN SCARY MOVIES?!)
8)someone who is bossy
Spitfire
9)someone who is willing to put him/herself in dangerous situations to save the others.
Daring Do!
(Ditzy Do would too, but I'm guessing you'd want other ponies.)
10)the comical character
Rarity-- EEW THE MUUUUUD!!!!
BULK BICEPS YEA!!!
11) the one that rapes your relative (optional)
*blinks*
*looks at relative*
*blinks again*
SCOOOTALOOO, NOOOO!!!
I will MURDER YOU!!
If anyone is going to rape my relative it is going to be my lover so that I get an amazingly awesome twist where I get to KILL MY LOVER IN THE FACE WITH SEVERAL ZOMBLER PITS AND LOTS OF FIIIIIIIIRE!!!!
A slow death...
How'd I do?! :pinkiehappy:

3043447 your OC isn't supposed to be on the character list. The character list is for the other characters that are not the main character. Just a little heads up.

3051074 you did fine. I'm still waiting for more to choose from.

FINE?! WE ARE SURE THAT THOU DENIES OUR HOST HER TRUE APPRECIATION, yes! FOR THAT THOU SHALL BE CONDEMNED!!!

Inner Thoughts, I'm pretty sure that it was a compliment. Also, you don't have the power to condemn people anymore, remember? The government repossessed their stolen satellite feeds.

WHAT?! When was this, yes?! Thou must be playing a cruel trick on us! THOU SHALL PAY!!

Hey--! What are you--? Give me back my wallet!!

3054838 are you okay? You seem to have two personalities. Anyway I'm not denying anything. If I say that I like a certain part of the list, then maybe the majority of lists will end up with the one individual pony. That's why I said fine. I like the idea of seeing what other writers pick on the list. It's kinda like a lottery. I think...............

No, I think its just me.

STOP DENYING IT! THOU LOVES US!

Shut up, Inner Thoughts! I'm trying to act normal for a change!

Fools! Thou shall never win this 'lottery' with normality! Thou must be prepared to fight for victory! A FIGHT TO THE DEATH, yes!

Inner Thoughts, if you keep this up you'll never be named!

THOU SHALL NEVER MAKE US CONCEDE!! WE WILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH FOR VICTORY!!!!
Wait. WHAT?! No, yes! Th-thou can't do this to us! We've been waiting so quietly! Look, look! We have shut our mouth tightly and will keep it that way!!

Ahem. N-no! I have one personality, and its--

US!!!

:facehoof:

3055036 well your on the roster. There is three places. And at this moment. There is only three writers that made a list.

3054679 Oh, okay. In that case I'm gonna go with Prince Blueblood for number 6. That guy can't even fend off an angry mare.

3057034 that makes sense.

3057074 Yup. Trust me when I say I wish I could make Blueblood the one who has to die. No one would miss him. Oh well, gotta have someone to throw in front of you if the zombies try anything.

3057136 ha ha. There's always one that does that.

If the zomblers are on your tail, you should probably throw Braeburn. He'd be able to hold them off for a few seconds longer than Blueblood. And also don't forget how annoying he is. Might wanna snuff that out as soon as it happens. :scootangel:

3057163 Yup. Plus, technically his royal connections could be useful if all else fails.

3057724 At least Braeburn could likely hold his own in a fight. Can't say the same for ol Blueblood, not that it should come as a surprise to anyone.

3057960 Yea, so wouldn't Blueblood die in the first 48 hours? Braeburn lives in the middle of nowhere and on a farm, so he could logically be fine for several weeks before the herds hit 'em. But Blueblood lives in Canterlot, so it would be very difficult for someone so--

so--

so like Blueblood to even make it out of the Castle.

3057991 Well, somehow he does. And somehow I'm stuck with him as part of the group, simply because of safety in numbers.

CURSE YOU BLUEBLOOOOOOOD!!!!

Those eyes--

PURE EEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIIL!!!!

3058318 yeah it's he makes it too easy to hate him.

Well, here goes nothing:
Oh, and I'm going to not use a single one of the Mane Six for this, just to make it more interesting for myself.
1) a jackass--Prince Blueblood, or perhaps Gilda
2)someone that leaves the group and dies--honestly, Spike seems to fit this role to me, but I guess that's partly just because his writing this last bit has been terrible. :pinkiesad2:
3)someone who becomes the mane characters lover--Trixie, 'cause she's cool and kinda hot, and A FREAKING WIZARD!
4)a relative--Scootaoo!!
5)an ally to the end--the buffalo chieftain from that episode with the pies and Braeburn
6)a wimpy dork--Snips or Snails, I don't care which...they're both just dumb characters
7)two to five characters rescued and maybe die later--Sweetie Belle, but only if she later comes back as a robot; Little Braveheart (she's just perfect for a martyr role, imo), Big Mac (because that would be so freaking sad I would cry), and uhhhh.........Spitfire. She's a character that I like a lot, but she must pay for her bad writing in Rainbow Falls.
8)someone who is bossy--Octavia
9)someone who is willing to put him/herself in dangerous situations to save the others.--Vinyl Scratch
10)the comical character--Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo
11) the one that rapes your relative (optional)--I'd prefer we kept this topic out of the story, personally (I just don't find it funny).
And if I win, I'll tell you who the OC is, because it's not my profile pic one. I look forward to seeing how this turns out!! :yay:
And moustache. :moustache:

3039761 I hope I'm not too late.:fluttershysad:

1) Discord. He could be always pulling tricks in inappropriate times.
2) Roseluck. I just picked the one my finger landed on. I don't like killing ponies unless I hate them.
3) Flash Sentry. I'm a FlashXTwilight shipper, but I liked him too.
4) Daring Do. How awesome would it be to be related to her?
5) Vinyl. Serious when needed, but knows just what to do to lift everyone's spirits.
6) Cheerilee. I honestly didn't know. I did like I did with #2.
7) I picked 5, but you can choose. Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy, Fleur de Lis, and Dr. Hooves.
8) Trixie. Not even that hard.
9) Shining Armor. He's Captain of the Royal Guard. It's his job to serve and protect.
10) Cheese Sandwich. I haven't read many stories with him in them.
11) Sorry, but I'm opting out like everyone else. It's a policy, and a parent rule thing.

I hope your decision isn't too hard. Lots of people to choose from. Good luck.:pinkiehappy:

3066549 okay so it took me total focus to decide, but it was frinking hard. So before I finally reveal the the list I'll use. I'm most likely to make a sequel and I'm now going to mention the best ideas that I saw.
By the way to all five of you. Blue Blood was an obvious answer.

3040283 I like the chosen roles for Carrot Top, Spitfire, and Flash Sentry.

3043447 I like the chosen role for Zacora, and the entire #7 answer.

3051074 I like the chosen roles for Scootaloo, Derpy, Bon bon, Lyra, Sweetie Bell, Applebloom, Daring Do, and BULK BICEPS YEA!

3061988 I like the chosen roles for Scootaloo, Sweetie Bell, Octavia, Vinyl, and Derpy.

3066549 considering I like Roseluck, that will be hard to kill her. Daring Do, he'll YEA that be awesome. Vinyl and the entire #7 answer I like as well. Even Fleur De Lis, seriously you don't see much stories with her and she's on my top ten. And lastly Trixie, yeah it makes sense.

This was very hard, but I ruled it to 3051074 and 3066549.
Decisions decisions. Way you hard.

3070178 On who should die, I couldn't choose one. I just closed my eyes and pointed to a random one on the character tags. I don't like killing ponies unless I hate them.:fluttershysad::pinkiehappy:

3070240 yeah, but it'll still be hard.

3070283 What about Noteworthy then?

3070379 yeah that'll do it. I'll write a blog a 12:00 for my final answer.

3070412 I didn't see him down there. I thought maybe since he's not a very featured character that it would be alright to kill him. No one would miss him.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 90