The Writers' Group 9,331 members · 56,840 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

What do you think? What is the most darkest and scariest thing you could write or has anyone ever wrote here? Please leave a comment whit a title and an athletes name of what is the scariest and darkest MLP FIM story you ever read. This will be interesting!

Anything with a skeleton in it.

2spooky

There's probably one hiding inside of you right now...

2135981 Blade, warning though this story is Daaark.... like really dark. It deals with Pinkamena's issues and things like that. o.o very disturbing. Idk why I like it so much.

Cheerilee's Garden, from the incredibly visceral writing. It's just a mindless gorefest otherwise, but it does its job well.

Distrance
Group Contributor

The part where (I think) Silver Spoon tries to run away on her dissolved stumps of legs was pretty spoopy.

Well if you must know, I highly enjoyed this gem of a dark story: Into the Depths. It takes an utterly cliche premise and turns it into a wonderful mindfuck of a read.

Though I credit that to Pen Stroke's skill at writing horror stories.
-SoI

2136504 That whole story was cringe-worthy, but I still loved it nonetheless. My favorite death was Sweetie's, when the rats tear through her back and out of her stomach. I was like ":fluttershbad::fluttershbad: NOT SWEETIE!" but I still loved it... I can't really explain why, but just how elaborate and well thought-out each contraption set up by Cheerilee really amuses me.

I haven't read that story in a very long time, and it was too long for my impatience, so I skimmed it. That sounds totally gnarly.

I'd say it's a tie between these two:
Pages of Harmony and Popped

Both are chilling for their own reasons.

Pages of Harmony reviews the horrific events from the torturers standpoint, and gets us right into their head. Some parts really got me cringing in pity for the characters, all I will say about it in this regard is "Torture Alphabet A-Z."

Conversely, Popped really gets into the psychology of a torture victim, and it too has the readers cringing as we imagine some of the horrific things that could quite easily be visited upon us. Ever drank cold water with a toothache? Hurts, doesn't it? Well, try being forced to drink ice-water after having your teeth smashed in with a hammer.

I read this just last Wednesday. The last panel left me shaking in my bed.

EDIT: My bad, I thought it was for the scariest story ever period. This is still some really scary shit with one of the best buildups I've EVER read.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12