The Writers' Group 9,331 members · 56,840 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Thanks to my brother's influence and growing up In a heavily religious community, in my teens, I became enamored by the concept of the angelic lover - a divine being who embodies all the positive qualities one could want in a partner - love, kindness, compassion, loyalty, and so on. However, I recognized early on that they couldn't undo trauma and long-term psychological damage. They could ease the burden by a significant margin, but as a general rule, they can't fix what's already broken. This is where we circle back to something I mentioned in my previous post.

If we assume the universe can reset itself somehow or be influenced into doing so, and that things unfold in a course similar to the previous cycle, there's a substantial window of opportunity for said being to intervene early. On the flipside though, there are a number of variables to consider before they take action. For example, would it be wiser to intervene directly or discreetly from the shadows? Is there a risk of unintended consequences? Would the other character still have feelings for them in the following timeline? Personally, I would say it's a lot more plausible because it's a separate method from the butterfly effect. They're not going back and messing with events that already happened. They're still moving forward in time, just with enough insight to know what negatively affects their partner. It's entirely possible they could fall in love all over again and have it play out like a new game plus with features and perks that weren't available before. Love stories often have happy endings, but are they necessarily the BEST endings where both parties are at their mental and physical peaks? A second run through could open up so many ideas even seasoned writers might never have thought of otherwise. Just imagine what you could do with a second chance knowing what you know now. It's worth thinking about anyway, right? No harm in trying, is there?

I need to drink a glass of milk to process that idea properly. Maybe you too...

7953175 Sounds like a Groundhog Day where the main character tries to have sex with a female and keeps improving the first date.

Thoughts deep. Must drink. Lol.

Except they were already well beyond that point. I think three kids would be enough of a clue on that one.

You waifu Celestia, yes, we get it. Aren't we all, though?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6