The Writers' Group 9,331 members · 56,840 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

One the fans nicknames for her is the fourth wall breaker and I began to think if she the one on stage what is the fourth wall. Then I thought she on a subconscious level seeing into the multiverse and that how she knew what happened when twilight went to the mirror world.

What do you think?

What?
I can’t understand you.

7951122 In canon it is said that she has twitches that she interprets. That indicates that she can't actually see these things herself. If she did, she wouldn't need the twitches.

Pinkie has the nickname of the fourth wall breaker. Now what exactly is the fourth wall in relation to the real world. I theorize that the wall is the multiverse.

Hence my belief that she only aware on a subconscious level.

7951127 Again, if she was aware, she wouldn't need the twitches. Unless you're trying to imply that her unconsciousness causes the twitches which her conscious mind then interprets?

As for the fourth wall:

The fourth wall is an intriguing concept that originated in theater and has since been adopted in other forms of media. Let’s explore it:

1. Theater Origin:

• In traditional three-walled theaters, there are three visible walls that enclose the stage. The fourth wall is an imaginary barrier that separates the actors and the action on stage from the audience.
    • Essentially, it’s as if there’s an invisible wall at the front of the stage, and the audience observes the performance through this “fourth wall.”
  2. Breaking the Fourth Wall:

• When a character in a play, movie, TV show, or other medium acknowledges the audience directly or becomes aware of their existence, it’s called breaking the fourth wall.
    • This can happen in various ways, such as a character speaking directly to the audience, making eye contact with the camera, or referencing the fact that they are in a fictional world.
  3. Examples:

• In the TV show “House of Cards,” the main character, Frank Underwood, often speaks directly to the camera, sharing his thoughts and plans with the audience.
    • In the movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” Ferris occasionally turns to the camera and addresses the viewers, creating a sense of intimacy.
    • Shakespeare’s plays sometimes include soliloquies where characters reveal their inner thoughts to the audience, effectively breaking the fourth wall.
  4. Impact:

• Breaking the fourth wall can be humorous, thought-provoking, or even unsettling. It blurs the line between fiction and reality, inviting the audience to participate in the storytelling process.
    • When done well, it adds an extra layer of engagement and connection between the fictional world and the viewer.

Remember, the fourth wall is like a magical window that allows us to peek into the lives of characters while they remain blissfully unaware of our presence. 🎭📺🎥

We all can see through the fourth wall when we're watching the shows, but that doesn't mean we have any connection to the multiverse unless you interpret different shows as different universes.

Funny, one if my stories features Pinkie Pie screwing around with the Author.
Mimicking the Stanley Parable just more complicated.

Yeah it is funny when she does that talking to the author.

Funny,dramatic or dependent on context very serious.
Though in one of my stories my Pinkie Pie knocked out one of the Authors buddies so they don't screw up the situation by typing up something unwelcome :rainbowlaugh:

Even Rainbow doesn't want to spend that much time with Pinkie even if they were jailed together.

7951304 Now we know why Pinkie Pie bounces instead of walks; she's used to wearing chains.

In terms of how each of the Williams siblings would get along with Pinkie, this how I would see it. Megan would only like her to a certain extent. while Molly would be more open to her until she gets annoyed as well. Meanwhile, I feel that Danny would really like being with her just as much as he did with Surprise back in G1.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12