The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,491 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

The next episode is coming up!

This one is "Student CouncilCounsel", by Josh Haber. He's written all sorts of mlp stuff.

With a name like 'student councilcounsel', I'm assuming this is a student 6 episode. It's not like there are any other students in Ponyville they could focus on... :unsuresweetie:

Obviously, Yona is best yak for student council. Likely only yak for the student council, in fact.

As usual, you can speculate about the episode here before you watch it, or talk about it after you watch it!

Edit: Managed to get the name wrong, which totally negates my ideas about the episode...
--Sweetie Belle

Okay, first off: that picture of Yona with the Wooloo is adorable.

Okay, considering the title, I'm willing to guess that this will follow up on what happened in School Raze and the Student 6 trying to take on some sort of leadership role in the student body (Student Body Official/Office/Officer elections or something like that will probably be the main conflict).

Well, should be interesting to say the least.

Got a couple of laughs out of this episode.
But dangit, I was hoping Mud Briar would stay stone, so we never have to hear him talk again.

Um.... it’s Student Counsel, as in Counselor Starlight.

EDIT: Whoops! Accidentally submitted before I’d finished typing.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. There were so many cute little moments with Maud and between Starlight and Trixie.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

You and Maud both!

I could see people really liking this one. Personally, I found it mostly bland save for the final act. Though Maud and Mudbriar are a cute couple.

Quite interesting - probably one of the better eps so far this season, if not quite Frenemies-class. If this is the last showing for Starlight and her gang, then I won't be disappointed.

Some random points-

• Unless that bracelet trick is short-range only, Starlight just made wired telegraphs obsolete.
  • She and Trixe were very coupley today - I could actually buy them having got together offscreen, perhaps over the winter. That would also explain her sudden possessiveness over Starlight's time.
  • On the flip side, until we saw the treehouse, I was ready to slot this in fairly early in the school's operation. It seems like Starlight should have worked out more of a balance by the second year.
  • We have a new festival - the Spring Equinox! Celebrated in much of Equestria, but, I suspect, not in the Crystal Empire or among rock farmers.
  • And of course, what can I say about Stonebriar except that I wish I hadn't been spoiled by YouTube thumbnails?

(sees picture of Yona and Wooloo, two fluffy and adorable characters)
(dies of cuteness overdose)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8