The Writers' Group 9,313 members · 56,638 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

Sorry I’m one day late with this. To the writing!

How does it work?
1)Choose a prompt
2)Answer in a super amusing way (550 words or fewer)
3)Submit it on thesubmission thread with a title in bold
Bonus: You can suggest new prompts on this thread and discuss with other author’s here too!

Why should I?
1) You can befuddle the world and have fun doing so!
2) You still need a reason!?
3) If you’re okay with it, your response will be posted in a collaborative story on the group’s user page!
4) You're free to steal these ideas and maybe they will inspire you to create something even cooler!

When is it due?
1)Final submissions are due by September 1! (by 11:59PM EST)

This month’s prompts:
1) It’s the fortieth annual kite flying/ fighting competition in Ponyville. It’s a battle of the century between two characters of your choice.

2) In the middle of the night, something crash lands in Fluttershy's backyard.

3) Pinkie dares Twilight to go without reading anything for a day.

4) Shining Armor comes sees Twilight Sparkle to reveal some big news!

5) Queen Chrysalis opens a dating service in Equestria under the name “Happen Chance”.

Bonus Challenge: Start every new sentence with the next letter in the alphabet, first starting with A. You may skip X. For example:
"Are you all right, Applejack?"
"Bit hurt is all, Rainbow. Can you believe ol' Mayor Mare just runnin' out of her office like that?"
"Didn't she say something about a meeting she was late for?"
"Eeyah, but that don't mean you can't apologize."

Live, Learn, Let go
~Cosmic of T.W.G.

You write a submission (write it anywhere. G-doc, Microsoft Word, heck even a text file) and submit it on the submission thread linked above in huge bold letters.

1414369 I don't mean to be bothering or annoying, but I still can't find the submissions from the challenge back in January on the group's user page :twilightsheepish:
Otherwise than that, interesting prompts! But I fear I might not have enough time...

I don't even know if those exist anymore. I'd say bother Ty, but he's out on vacation which is why I'm doing his job of the challenges.

Bluuuughghghghghghghghghghgh.

That onomatopoeia is pronounced: Blu-uhhh-guh-hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Those extra g's are silent.

Deadder
Group Contributor

Well, in July on the last prompts, I was lazy on the Iron Will toothbrush thing. :twilightsheepish:

Oh, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

1) It’s the fortieth annual kite flying/ fighting competition in Ponyville. It’s a battle of the century between two characters of your choice.

I can see this starting between Rainbow Dash and Applejack, but somehow Rarity gets pulled into the mix with her trademark "Oh, it is ON. I'll destroy them!" :duck:

Maybe you should write that then.

5) Queen Chrysalis opens a dating service in Equestria under the name “Happen Chance”.

Sweet christmass, that gives me so many ideas :trollestia:

1414425 Wait, did I just hear Rarity singing Someday My Prince Will Come? :rainbowlaugh:

Holy moly, these are awesome prompts. One could write a really good SoL story using prompt 3 all on its own!

SoL? Forgive my lack of knowledge on the many acronyms that exist on the internet :applejackconfused:

Comment posted by Ferlathin deleted Aug 3rd, 2013

1419504 Slice of Life. Surprised you don't know that one. :ajsmug:

Huh. Still, do you know how many things we try to crossover? How do I know if SoL is Souls of Lemons or Slice of Lasagna?

And now we'll end up with an SoL fiction featuring SoL and SoL. Thanks. :ajbemused:

Actually got one up early this time. :pinkiehappy:
It killed me that I missed the last one but I just drew a blank with last month's prompts. So unlike me. :fluttercry:

1414369 Question: Am I allowed making a squeal to an entry I did for another month(june) as long as I make the sequel follow one of this months prompts? Want to make sure before I start writing.

Huh, it's fine by me.

So the limit is 550 words... alright then.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22