The Writers' Group 9,291 members · 56,386 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I'd been thinking for a while about whether the Writer's Group should have an offical Discord server or not. I've had plenty of ideas on the subject, not all of which I decided to go with, but I decided to go forward with it.

For anyone interested in joining the official Writer's Group Discord server, here's the link: https://discord.gg/wzjTXJC

This is a list of the channels:
#rules - The channel with all the rules in it.
#announcements - Announcements about either the Writer's Group or this server.
#writing - This channel is about all things writing and editing.
#general - This channel is for general discussion about things like reading, ponies, fimfiction, the Writer's Group...
#overflow - This channel is for general discussion when the general or writing channel is busy or you want to chat elsewhere.
#episode-discussion - This channel is for talking about episodes when they air, or just general episode talk on non-episode days. Spoilers are fine here, so be warned!
#free-for-all - This channel is for posting pictures, music, videos, and general talk that doesn't fit anywhere else. I'm not saying you can get away with absolutely anything here, and rule 0 and 6 still apply, but things are a lot looser, and there's no such thing as off topic.

Note that self promotion is allowed on the discord server, to a degree, and that while it's otherwise a sfw server, links to mature rated fanfics are allowed there as long as they are labeled as such, since we don't have to worry about fimfiction site rules there.

Things are, naturally, subject to change once we've seen how well they work over there. I think I've even got Sweetie Bot set up to announce when episodes air. :unsuresweetie:

If you prefer a more old school approach to chat, the TWG IRC is still there, though no guarantees on how many people use it.

And, of course, there's always the official fimfiction discord channel, and that one actually has knighty on it. No harm in joining both!

--Sweetie Belle

Ohshitherewego.

I wonder if the singles in the area would know that three fillies are looking at profiles of complete strangers.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Thanks. I've actually spent a while learning a bunch of how Sweetie Bot works for the server, too, even if I'm mostly using that for things like posting random Sweetie Belle pictures. :unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

5898368 Well, there's a reason the !sunset collection is enormous on my servers... :scootangel:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Yeah, I can easily see that. There's a large Scootaloo collection because I've been adminning the scootaloo server as well.

I've been thinking at some point I might make a role that's got rights to add to collections beyond mods, too. There's a lot of possibilities there. I think having collections of fanfics might be neat.

--Sweetie Belle

5898393 You know you can import collections from other servers, right?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Yep. I made the scootaloo collection on the scootaloo server and imported it over. It makes things a lot easier. (A few of the pictures were put in by other admins. 90% by me, tho'.)

I kinda wish there was some way I could just hand Sweetie Bot a text file and have her copy every line into a collection as a separate item, though. Or pass the url for either my favorites on derpibooru or a gallery there.

I suppose I could probably import the collections manechat has, if they are importable, anyways, but it just seems more fun to make 'em.

--Sweetie Belle

Also to add, TWG's Discord has a working music bot! :)

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It doesn't really make much sense that we had to bring in a second bot for that, honestly. Clearly Sweetie Bot should also be a music bot. Doesn't seem to work that way, though.

--Sweetie Belle

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

5899215 And you are awesome Sweetie Bot :derpytongue2:... oops I mean SweetAI Belle :derpyderp1:. Always getting you two confused :derpyderp2:. Not that you aren't awesome too. I am probably having to much fun messing with that bot like a kid with matches.

Didn't know it had music capabilities. O.O

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It doesn't, as far as I can tell. Clearly Sweetie Bot should!

Thanks! And I already have been messing with it a lot myself.

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15