Crossovers 7,367 members · 10,954 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
NobodieZ #1 · 2 weeks ago · · 1 ·

Well, it's about dang time.

I'm going to let this out once and for all: My Adventures with Superman turned out to be disappointing for me. I won't go into details except it's further proof that DC Comics has no respect for their first superhero.

So, I'm not interested in this and the other seasons they plan to do.

.....supergirl?

Comment posted by AnimeFan419 deleted April 22nd

I can respect that.

Considering every other recent interpretation either makes him the perfect boyscout or a broken demon, I liked how he was portrayed as an awkward person still coming in to their powers, and how to use them.

I also liked how he wasn't given all the answers, since all the holo messages are in another language. Is Krypton gone in this version of the story? Maybe they took a page from Dragonball Z and send infant superbabies to other planets to conquer? It leaves the audience guessing.

I'm hoping they revisit the League of Lois Lane's at some point. They'd probably be the best source of information on Superman. Also curious how long it'll take for Jimmy to recklessly spend his newfound wealth.

Dragon Ball came out in 1986 and Superman came out in 1938. Goku was sent out to destroy while Superman was sent out for safety. It is more like it was similar ideas but different takes. It it like how people are accusing the Lion King of copying Kinba. Same idea different story. Glad you are enjoying though. DC comics are one extreme or the other. I remember before people complained that Superman was too brooding.

How would you have done a new Superman cartoon?

Very excited for this. I loved the first season of MAwS, so far it's been a great modern take on Superman that does its own thing with the character and his mythos while also keeping a firm grip on what makes him work so well. Easily my favorite Superman adaptation in recent years, and I can hardly wait to see where they go next.

Also I'm glad to see that we're seemingly going to get more of Clark and Jor-El getting to interact, and Jor getting a better handle on how to converse with him in English.

Yup! They've done a real good job of crafting a version of Superman that sticks true to the inherent compassion and desire to help others that's at Superman's heart, while also really emphasizing the human traits of Clark Kent that drive him and make him relatable and sympathetic. This isn't a superhuman alien god dressing as a bumbling mortal, this is a farm boy from Kansas who discovered one day he came from a fantastic faraway land and possesses incredible powers and capabilities, and decided to use them to help the world that welcomed and nurtured him for no less than he felt it was the right thing to do...which is the best way to look at Superman IMO, or at least my favorite interpretation of the character. "Superman is what I can do...Clark is who I am."

Also yes, IIRC, the show runners have confirmed that Dragon Ball Z really was a bit of an influence on this one. xD

If it were me, I would have done something similar to what the Timmverse Superman series was. And how would you have done it?

Is honestly keep it the way it was, but up the episode count to 13-26.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12