Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28
Thunderbug80
Group Admin

This thread is just a fun little list of interesting facts concerning PonyFall, from its rocky origins, to bloopers within the stories, and even the dreaded PonyFall curse. We'll update the original post here as new items are added. Enjoy!

Beginnings
- It all began as a joke idea meant to irritate/troll a few people who hated self-inserts and humanized ponies.
- The troll philosophy was dropped as soon as the writers realized that readers were taking an interest in what we were doing.
- In its infant stages, nobody on the team thought any of the stories would earn more than a few dozen views.
- PonyFall once had as many as 36 writers.
- The FiMFiction staff initially wanted to shut down PonyFall. A meeting between writers and admins was held, and an agreement was reached to save the project. It involved removing most of the background ponies, inserting a prologue set within Equestria, and keeping strict control over when chapters were released, as they were clogging up the Feature Box.
- The first PonyFall story to be released was Half Past Octavia by Sexy_Frog. The story was highly controversial due to its questionable adult themes, and was eventually removed from the collaboration, though you can still view the story on this site.

Theories
- Bathrooms are often seen as bad luck or major turns of events in PonyFall. For example, Ashton is knocked out after stepping through a bathroom mirror via Discord's magic and later is threatened with a knife by Angel outside a bathroom in Australia, Fluttershy displays assertive behavior for the first time after using the restroom at the Broadway mall, Twilight has an emotional breakdown in the shower at Matt's house, and a mysterious gift is left for Doug in a bathroom.
- A recent theory by some readers suggests that things might not be going so well in Equestria without the ponies and, in particular, two of the three known princesses.
- Theories have popped up suggesting that the character F.A. might be a Timelord, and that the universes of Doctor Who, My Little Pony, and our reality have all merged.
- Many have tried to work out why there are so many coincidences in PonyFall. Examples include Doug's string of bad luck, characters having various connections, and devastating events occurring such as Rarity and the tornado and Rainbow Dash witnessing a murder.

Rumors
- ROBCakeran53, the writer of My Little Dashie, was allegedly interested in writing a PonyFall story at one time.

Facts
- The ponies arrive on Earth on Friday, April 13th of 2012. The fact that it's Friday the 13th is intentional, but is never pointed out specifically.
- PonyFall: Australia was originally only going to be about Pinkie Pie. Fluttershy was added when it became too difficult to find another writer for her.
- PonyFall: Australia is the only story whose cover does not feature humanized ponies.
- Dusty The Royal Janitor was one of the writers who were dropped from the original list of 30+. He would later return to write Rarity's story.
- Twilight Sparkle is considered a 'cursed' character in the series, as she is currently on her 8th writer.
- Junebug, the pony who is hassled by Spike on his birthday in Secret of My Excess, actually survived the final cut and had a story published. It was removed when her writer became busy with other things.
- An early story concept that never saw the light was the story of Prince Blueblood and the magically living skull of Star Swirl the Bearded. There was even cover art created for it (see below).

Bloopers
- In the chapter The Quest For Clothing in PonyFall: Australia, Pinkie asks what a baby is after hearing the word on the radio. This is a direct contradiction to Friendship is Magic canon; ponies clearly know what babies are - Fluttershy calls Spike a baby dragon in the very first episode.

Stay tuned for more to come!

interesting... I think:facehoof:

I COMMENTED FOR TEH LULZ

Another fun fact: Not all PoEs are PonyFall, and not all PonyFall are bad.

Noticed by fan

-The day everypony arrives on earth is on the 13th of April in 2012, which is also a Friday. Thus Ponyfall begins on a Friday the 13th.
-[never confirmed] The smell of fudge like is smelled everywhere where a pony appears is also used in the Syfy series 'Warehouse 13'. The smell of fudge is used as a term when something is amiss or as a warning.

Thunderbug80
Group Admin

619945 I can confirm that the first one is indeed intentional. I'll add it to the list.

I'll run the second one by Draequine.

Flint Easthoof
Group Contributor

You also forgot that Cowboy_Appledash is the sexiest of all PonyFall writers.

620004 Narcissistic much?

Flint Easthoof
Group Contributor

620033 It's more fun that way. :derpytongue2:

620046 Well when your competition is a 'Slorg'(TheSlorg), a dragon (DragonLS), a dragon horse?(Draequine), a metal (Silverness), a backpack(Mr. Backpack), and a Janitor (Dusty), the only person who could give you a run for your money is Fullmetal Pony...

lol jk, you're all amazing and I love these stories :heart: Have a moustache, all of you!
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Flint Easthoof
Group Contributor

620160 lol This guy gets it! :rainbowlaugh:

Silverness
Group Contributor

And thus we have facts and trivia! yay!

By the way, you're missing a few items Slorg :rainbowwild:

Thunderbug80
Group Admin

620501 Lots of items. This'll be updating over time.

Wow. The Ponyfall collab started as a joke?

P.S. Where'd you get that pic for the group above?

Thunderbug80
Group Admin

621616 Indeed. Most of us didn't even realize it, either. I, for one, found out only a few months ago.

As for the banner image, it's an old pic I had saved from Google.

That Blueblood and Starswirl thing sounds amazing.

Aww. I was sure I saw it in DeviantART.

Thunderbug80
Group Admin

621763 That's probably where it originated from.

I DID IT FOR THE LULZ DAWN
(If you get this reference I will practically love you or something)

I'm rather certain that was a pokemon reference

Ehehehehe.... :twilightsheepish:

No. It was a reference to SkyDoesMinecraft on youtube.

This is a cool idea you guys got going here. Somehow, this makes me want to join you guys and write one. Derp me...:derpytongue2:

The best ideas are always the ones that weren't fully planned out. Brilliant. This was fun, thanks for posting the facts. I'm kinda new here and had heard a lot of conflicting things about this project lol.

620004 Hellz yes. :rainbowkiss:

Thunderbug80
Group Admin

Added a few theories to the list.

Thunderbug80
Group Admin

I've added some more trivia.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28