Struggling Authors 3,673 members · 25,212 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

As the title says i need help coming up with a story name i'm almost done with the story but i can't think of a good name. The story is about how one day celestia got sick, a surprise for everypony because there isn't a record of her being sick in all her time ruling. At first they don't mind until they start noticing she's getting worse even calling in doctors from all around the world which don't find a cure. In the end celestia finally dies and there is a procession that goes through canterlot. in the end Luna ends up raising the sun just like celestia on the summer sun celebration but with her body in tow and rising on par with the sun. In the end the blinding light from the sunrise and celestia's body makes every one in the crowd to close their eyes and when they open them celestia has disappeared becoming part of her sun leaving Luna to rule over equestria.
I was thinking of calling it "Dawn of a New Era" but there are already like 3 or 4 fics already named liked that. Should i use that title or what other titles would you recomend?

I'm not one for sadfics... but this name came immediately to mind:

Last Dawn of the Sun's Daughter

How about "Even Stars Die"

Sun's a star and all that.

3225367 I like that one but it kinda implies that she dies after dawn when she died before that, but it's still a sweet name.

3225445 hmmm yes that sounds good I might just use it.

You call it "Setting Sun." Simple and to the point.

That's acctuly a pretty good name. If I where the author, I would use it!:raritystarry:

"Forever Sets the Flesh Sun."

I suppose now that this thread's been revived, I can add that a title doesn't need to reflect the actual content of the story. The last sunrise could refer to any sunrise. Not just the one she dies before. It could also be metaphorical, not literal, and a lot of them are.

You want your title to call to the reader, though. It needs to invoke an interest, not necessarily a promise. Of course, your short text will make up some of the rest of the work as well, but your title and cover art are the first things most people see of a story.

I'm not saying you have to grunt, moan, and struggle with it, just to keep it in mind.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12