Sad 2,625 members · 4,384 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I've been planning on reading it, but I want to really soak in the sadness. I just want to know if it'll do what I want it to do.:unsuresweetie:

Sorry to disappoint you, but facing a story with 900+ likes, the only way to find out whether it speaks to you or not is to read it yourself. Technically, the author did an amazing job to create a deep sadness, without spilling blood like a madman. It isn't going for the sad feeling at every point of the story, but that's what makes it so good at the same time, it's just a natural sadness. This one is a clean, reasonable and well executed sad story. Whether you can connect to it or not, is, as I said before, something that comes with the experience itself.

If you give it a chance, I'd say it'll soak you into a deep pool of sadness with a 95% chance, being pessimistic.

Is it anything like the source material for this song?

Is that the one where Twilight's blind? Then nope. Not because the story is badly written (it's quite good actually), but Twilight acts like an idiot.

I thought it was depressing, but not sad enough to make me shed any manly tears. What have you read so far that's actually made you cry?

What have you read so far that's actually made you cry?

My Little Dashie.

Naw, just kidding. MLD sucks. There was this one fanfic I read where Derpy Hooves is a little filly, and her mother attempts to poison her and then abandon her in a forest. Then there was another one where Derpy was throwing her daughter Dinky a birthday party early because social services was going to take Dinky away.

...You know what? A lot of the fan output for Derpy is just one tearjerker after another. Same with Applejack and Scootaloo.

It could just be every ones different perspective on what's considered sad or not. You're quite right, otherwise.
I've read both of those fics on EQD's fan-fiction archive. If you don't mind though, I could use some links to add them to my favorites on FimFiction.
I suppose it wasn't really your kind of sad fic.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I though about reading it or not. I've read a short variety of sad-fics though, I'm somewhat new to the MLP fiction world.

I don't get why so many fics with derpy are sad; she should be funny!

I'm about to read Decay and I heard that's supposed to do the deed. So many people exagerate about how sad a fic is though. Looks promising, I think

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8