Rule 63 3,993 members · 1,249 stories
Comments ( 29 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 29

Who here has genderswapped names for :rainbowkiss:'s favorite treasure hunters?
According to this group, Daring Do is Dashing Dare.
The MLP Fan Wiki says it's Daunting Deeds.
Cadences Paladin suggests Rare Find and Ahuizota.

Thanks in advance!

I agree. The good thing about supporting characters like Daring Do and Ahuizotl is their names aren't universally agreed on. I don't think ANYONE has a name for R63 Ahuizotl until yours, so that's now the official name!
Also, I found something else, dating back from Equestria Daily's 340th Drawfriend!

:pinkiehappy:
The early phoenix gets the parasprite!

No, Ahuizotl shouldn't be changed. An Ahuizotl is an actual animal from mythology, so that'd be like saying if we genderswapped a dog named Dog, it would have to change its name to Doge. Um, no it wouldn't?

And Daring Do is already gender neutral, why change it?

Hmmmmm, the Ahuizotl one is a good point, but there are some gender-neutral names which get swapped anyway.
Case in point: Doctor Whooves and Professor Whooves.

The important thing about r63 Daring Do is he must sound like Nolan North.

As for his name, I prefer Dashing Do, but that's because I like 'Do' as a name.

I like Daunting Deeds.
I understand Ahuizotl to be an actual species in...one of those central american mythologies. Aztec? Idunno. Anyway, so you don't really have to change Ahizotl's name.

Daunting Deeds gets my mostly inconsequential vote. Also, I prefer a differentiating name so we can tell them apart. I already have enough problems with Applejack.

I used 'Hoard Hunter' in my story, which I wasn't too happy with, but couldn't think of an improvement :)

There's nothing specifically feminine or masculant about either name, so I would keep them the same.

Ahuizotl is a species name, not an individual name. When you genderbend a character named 'Dog' you don't call them 'Bitch'.

I suggest Daunting Deeds, it sounds better XD

That's another very good point.
Observe Cranky Doodle Donkey.

2490099 But, since he goes by his species name, he would and should continue to be called Ahuizotl. Even as a name, it's gender neutral, just like the name Applejack, so there should be no change of name.

2490135 Okay, you're not understanding this.
Not all names have a feminine equivalent. Nor do they always have a masculine one. That's why both versions of Applejack have the same name. Species names are not masculine or feminine (unless you're French, but that's a different thing entirely).

2490203 It's not even a thing. There is no feminine form for the Ahuizotl in the original legends, thus the name would still be the same. It's not about sounding feminine, it's about the fact that there's no feminine version of the name. Applejack is called that in both versions because Jack is both masculine and feminine. Ahuizotl is the name of a mythological central American ambush predator, and as such is as species name and therefore impossible to genderbend.

Well, the amazing and talented JaquelinDreamz recently released a picture of gender swapped Daring and Ahuizotl, and named them Dan Do and Ahuizotl.

I like that name actually.

i think we should give them a name more distinct feminine/masculine name

in fics involving MALE!applejack i get easily confused

Dan Do? Isn't that a Chinese martial arts weapon? :facehoof:

My vote would be for Dauntless Heart and Ahuizotl. :pinkiehappy:

2490631 It's a play on words of, "can do." Ie: a can do attitude.

I think what I was reminded of was a Chinese great sword called the dadao. :twilightsmile:

2490588 You could try separating and capitalizing both halves of the name.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 29