Spike's Greatest Works 853 members · 1,398 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Hello everypony! I am working the newest chapter for my popular story, The Rise of Spike the Dragon.

For those who know the story and have been keeping up with it, you should know what has happen thus far so you could be of help here. Right now I am stumped for idea's on how several ponies could kill six fully grown dragoness (Don't know if I spell that right...Oh well...).

I would prefer it not be by means of magic, seeing as dragons are immune to magic.

Think you can help me out? If you want to help but you haven't read my fic, you might want to take a look.

Thanks everypony! Spike is best!

2134324 I could guess either some type of venom/poison or by a high level of skill and knowledge of their stabbing weakness... but I'm just guessing at this point... Spike is best pony!

I'd say you have a problem. In Dragon Quest, Twilight mentioned that ponies actually know next to nothing at all about dragons since they're too scary and dangerous to actually study, which presumably includes dragon slaying tactics. And even if there are ponies who understand dragons, those things bathe in magma and eat diamonds like cookies. When mildly annoyed they breathe fire hot enough to superheat stone into a red glow. MLP dragons are bad ass.

Honestly, I don't even go by the fanon that has them be immune to magic, because I think that seems like overkill.

Your best bet is probably to give them some kind of weakness that can be exploited. Say, they are vulnerable directly after shedding their scales, or they have a Smaug-style weak spot somewhere on their bodies, or you can poison them with some specific rare substance, etc.

everyone knows one with blood of a dragon could truly slay a dragon.
Call in DovaSpike. or you know use poison.

2134324 Go for the eyes, preferably with harpoons or such. A dragon's eyes are usually their weakest spots in all manner of folklore, including Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

a sword/spear through the roof of the mouth and into the brain? :unsuresweetie:

I posted this on your other post.
I've always disliked the idea of dragons' belly being their weak point. In most depictions of dragons, the scales on their underbellies seem to be the thickest as seen here.

As for magic, most or at least a lot of depictions show dragons with immunity or resistance to magic.
Here's an idea for your story; Adamant. Adamant is the legendary metal/stone/ore that is harder than any other substance. How about a sword or spear forged from Adamant? I've been toying with an idea for my own works. The idea is that the only thing that can refine the adamant ore is dragonfire, but once it cools and hardens, it's unbreakable.
For your story, the characters have to get weapons that have been forged from Adamant, but the ore is very hard to come by and even if they did find some, it would be just as hard to find a dragon willing to help them make dragonslaying weapons. Their only hope is to find a legendary weapon that has been lost to time. This also plays to the popular idea of fighting dragons with weapons made from dragons (claws, horns, teeth, scales, or otherwise).

I'm not up on your story (It is on my 'to read' list), but...Maybe explosives, tricking the dragons into eating them somehow?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8