The Hero... Nightmare Moon? 2,181 members · 321 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

I know this isn't related to our beloved Nightmare Moon but I've recently discovered the existence of possible canon Nightmare Celestia. What's your thoughts on this?

Also if I've opened a huge can of worms without realizing it then I apologize in advance. I saw some guys who weren't too happy to hear about this earlier.

4644659 I call her 'Solar Flare'

i call it a pointless knockoff it would take and amazing writer to make it seem good

4644657 Most of us over at the Protect Celestia and Celestia is Best Pony groups are pretty nervous about this. Celly is an unfortunate victim of the Worf Effect and we've been starved for more than 100 episodes for a decent portrayal of her, and basically the last thing we want to see happen is this supposedly compassionate, powerful ruler get corrupted with ease and then saved by Twilight and her friends again.

Personally, myself, I look at it with hopeful optimism. Because if Celly is shown fighting the forces of corruption, trying as hard as she can to not fall as Luna did, then it would certainly build on her as a character. One of the rumours seems to be that time travel shenanigans result in the Mane 6 never meeting, in which case Celly would have to face the trauma of losing her sister again after waiting a thousand years to get her back. There are too many variables to say for certain where we should stand on the issue, and until I see it I don't aim to pass judgment.

Basically, if this is executed well it could be a neat thing, but if not it could be a killing blow to an already criminally underused character.

you mean the mirror verse Celestia and Luna where king sombra is good and they are evil? Yeah that was done like a year ago.

Comment posted by Uria the Sacred Beast deleted Aug 19th, 2015

My gf and I have talked extensively about this. If this Nightmare Star thing is true, this could make or break Tia's character for how its done. If its another case of the writers pushing Tia aside so 'Twily and friends can come save the day nyuk nyuk', I'm done with the show and solely sticking to fan content. I'm sorry, but if you introduce a character on the god-tier power level, DON'T FUCKING TO THIS.
I understand that in most cases it needed to be done with the excuse of plot in mind, but here: NO EXCUSES.
"...the last thing we want to see happen is this supposedly compassionate, powerful ruler get corrupted with ease and then saved by Twilight and her friends again."
Couldn't of said it better myself! Celestia is built as a powerful character. If the writers just pull a 'lol she evul noa!!1!1!1!', then the show truly has been adapting fanfiction! If they pull this off well, I will be amazed, but I temper my expectations and prepare to shake my head and sigh.

If you guys want to join the Nightmare Star group to talk about it.

I didn't know about that since I don't read the comics, but I found this out from this:

Also if that's what they look like in the comics then I'm laughing since they look like they're a part of some heavy metal band.

Personally, myself, I look at it with hopeful optimism. Because if Celly is shown fighting the forces of corruption, trying as hard as she can to not fall as Luna did, then it would certainly build on her as a character. One of the rumours seems to be that time travel shenanigans result in the Mane 6 never meeting, in which case Celly would have to face the trauma of losing her sister again after waiting a thousand years to get her back. There are too many variables to say for certain where we should stand on the issue, and until I see it I don't aim to pass judgment.

I agree with you, if they do this right, then it might be a really great episode and character building for Celestia. If not, well the fandom's already fractured enough over issues like Alicorn Twilight, Mare-Do-Well, and the infamous Canterlot Wedding.

This is one of my favorite Solar Flare artworks.

"Sometimes the mentors you cherish become the demons you dread."

The whole 'day lasting forever' thing.....i dont get it.
I can see why NMM would do the night last forever. As she was more neglected of the two sisters. And she wanted people to appreciate her night.
But solar flare wouldnt want everlasting day. It might be a side effect of her being around but i think her motivation would lie elcewhere.
Like i could see Celestia turning into Solar Flare if luna, twilight, or cadence got mortally inured (Not dead as it is a kid show), and she was consumed by grief. Thus fuleing the transformation.
Her motivation then being revenge against the perpetrator, or the purge of all evil from equestria useing force.

IDK
(Dont kill me)

NMM was also the result of Luna being possessed by a demonic entity. If that demonic entity is still around this far into the series, it could possess Celestia, and turn her into Nightmare Star. I doubt that'll happen though. But all the same, I do have a personal fanonical theory involving time travel. Remember Starlight Glimmer's and Twilight Sparkle's trip through multiple realities? I think Nightmare Star might be from a timeline where Celestia tried to free Luna from being Nightmare Moon. And in a sense, in that timeline, Luna did indeed die, but Nightmare Moon endured, eventually becoming Nightmare Star.

Also, who says eternal day can't bring about darkness?

NMM was also the result of Luna being possessed by a demonic entity. If that demonic entity is still around this far into the series, it could possess Celestia, and turn her into Nightmare Star. I doubt that'll happen though. But all the same, I do have a personal fanonical theory involving time travel. Remember Starlight Glimmer's and Twilight Sparkle's trip through multiple realities? I think Nightmare Star might be from a timeline where Celestia tried to free Luna from being Nightmare Moon. And in a sense, in that timeline, Luna did indeed die, but Nightmare Moon endured, eventually becoming Nightmare Star.

Also, who says eternal day can't bring about darkness?

4644802 I've thought about the whole Solar Flare thing, and I like to think of her as the side of Celestia that she lets out when there's asses that need kicking. Not as a whole "it's gonna be day forever, kids!" tyrannical ruler type.

But then, I also have this completely unrealistic idea where Celestia and Luna can peacefully coexist with their darker counterparts (which, in itself, implies that Celestia even has a dark counterpart) without either party trying to gain full control.

Keep in mind that all of this is coming from someone who's never watched a single episode of the show. The main reason that I see a lot of people hating on Celestia (I'm a member of both of the groups that you mentioned) is that she too often sits back and lets others get in danger and do all of her dirty work for her. As such, many writers have portrayed her this way. I see Solar Flare as a solution to this problem that many people have with her, as Celestia can be the peaceful, benevolent ruler that we all know her as, but let Solar out to fuck bitches up when the need arises.

I expect that people will disagree with me on this, but to be honest, I just like the idea of Celestia kicking ass, and Solar Flare is one way to go about that.

I think that Celestia seems to be losing her patience.
I mean like she used to be higher then twilight on my princess scale, then this happened:twilightoops:
https://derpicdn.net/img/2016/5/1/1144125/large.png
So yeah I think she will turn evil

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18