The Hero... Nightmare Moon? 2,181 members · 321 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

This is just an idea I had and its not just about Nightmare Moon but it does focus on her. It starts from the very beginning of Equestria.

First the windigos were caused by celestia and luna, not the hatred of ponies. They then 'stopped' the windigos and founded equestria, becoming its rulers. To ensure her power, Celestia creates a barrier, an illusion that shows her controlling the sun and sustains itself on ambient magic. Luna goes against this but does not stop her. Later Celestia creates the cutie marks in order to further increase her control, again Luna fails to stop her (Basically cutie marks sort like a subtle influence on the ponies minds, like why are three children, blank flanks, not afraid of the Everfree Forest?)

Time passes and they encounter Discord who begins acting like himself before he is turned into stone.

Lord Tirek and his brother Scorpan. Tirek was actually trying to be good by freeing the ponies by absorbing the magic fueling the illusion and cutie marks. Scorpan though wanted to just leave them be and not help. Tirek is sent to Tartarus by the ponies where he slowly falls into madness and rage over his betrayal by his brother and those he wished to help.

Sombra who was a good king but was attacked by Equestria (Notice how Crystal Ponies don`t have cutie marks) Celestia defeats Sombra and casts a spell to rewrite the memories of the Crystal Ponies. Sombera then pours all of his power into casting the spell to make the Crystal Empire vanish to save his subjects at the cost of his body. He tries to remove the spell on his subjects but he is too weak and the spell too strong. When the Empire returns he seeks the Crystal Heart to restore his body and remove the spell but fails (Notice how Luna is missing from the briefing with Twilight).

The Changelings, who attack out of starvation and not much else. (Again Luna is missing).

After the fall of the crystal empire, Luna , deciding that her sister has gone to far, gathers her forces and changes herself to Nightmare Moon (She's not evil, its more like a power boost and an alter-ego she uses to disguise her true motives). She battles against Celestia but ultimately fails and is banished. During the thousand years of banishment, Celestia furthers her control and suppresses progress and science. Using schools to brainwash her subjects and using her apprentices to further her will (Sunset Shimmer escapes this but falls into the same trap as Tirek due to being in a new world). At the same time, Luna`s scattered forces begin to gather and lay low, waiting for thier leaders return. After the banishment is over Nightmare Moon states her desire for eternal night as code for her forces to begin preparing for Celestia's Downfall. (Notice that she didn`t kill any of the element bearers). After she was hit by the elements of harmony, she is weakened and puts an act of the lost sister while trying to restore her former power. She also tries to restore the trust of the ponies to counter the thousands of years of propaganda by her sister by getting the help of the element bearers on nightmare night. Her plan is to gain enough followers to challange Celestia's right to rule and destroy her spells.

FOR FREEDOM!!!

What do you think?

sounds interesting, would read

It's not a bad idea. I might read if it's created.

not afraid of the Everfree Forest?

Because children are stupid.

3939272 I have to agree, it is a very interesting take on Equestrian history. ( I kind of prefere the real show version, though :twilightsheepish:) It definatly is very intriguing to think about :pinkiehappy:. I'm glad you posted this!
~Estrella Scrolls

Notice how Crystal Ponies don`t have cutie marks

Also wut. Yes they do.

Love the idea man would read that greedy, why I love good twists and the idea of good is bad and bad is good

Must have missed that, we can say that its a side effect of Celestia's spell. Also I'm not writing this, it was just an idea I had but feel free to write it yourselves if you want to.

I have observed what you have proposed here....
....and it pleases me greatly.

3939272 I'm sorry but as part of Protect Celestia whoch is specifically against memes like Tyrantlestia, inmust fully disapprove of this idea.

Maybe Celestia could be thinking that what she's doing will preserve harmony (which it has according to the show) or she's Was a tyrant but has changed over the course of a thousand years.

Also I would like to point out that I'm not writting this but feel free to do it yourselves.

This is not just for my idea put up your own takes on equestrian history. Keep the thread alive and share your ideas.

I actually have a darker theory on why Sunset turned on Celestia:
Celestia knew of Sunset's potential when she was a baby. She wanted to keep that power under her control, so she asks to teach the the young foal in the ways of magic. However, Sunset's parents, who are part of Luna's organization, refuse to let Celestia anywhere near their child. Celestia then discretely sends assassins to kill off Sunset's parents. Thus, she was easily able to coax a filly Sunset into being her student (a few years afterward). However, when Sunset, now a grown mare, accidentally sees Celestia's orders to kill her parents, she flees from Celestia and escapes through the mirror. And then, she begins hatching a plan to avenge her parents.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15