Twixie! 954 members · 211 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Hello there all. I am happy to see the many shiny happy Twixie supporting faces around here, and am hoping that I can borrow the nigh infinite processing power of your higher thought processes for a few moments.

I am trying to put my thoughts into order to write a Twixie story.

:twilightoops: Put down those tomatoes! Really!

For reference, the story's working title is Multiversal Twixie Constant. The current pairs in mind are:
Vampire/Slayer(Buffy-ish), Land Owner/Retired Soldier (GwtW-ish/Steampunk), Role Reversal (AliTrix, ShowTwi), Survivors(Fallout-ish), Manager/DJ, and then, well, continued radio silence. (Probably going to drop the Manager/DJ one, :trixieshiftleft: doesn't seem as interesting as the others) So I do have an idea, and I do have progression, the problem I have is that it feels.. insufficient.

So while my muse is taking a deserved vacation, I turn to my fellow writers in crime for possible angles of approach. With any luck, I can get a few more ideas to integrate and then begin crafting the necessary story elements. I'm figuring 8 should be more than enough, and 10 would be completely excellent. If I end up not using your suggestion, I do apologize in advance.

Overall Aims: Trying to keep the rating to Teen, and trying to throw unexpected results at the audience. With of course, the Twixie Constant.

If you even bother with reading this silly little post, I appreciate you taking a moment of your infinitely valuable time to read this instead of one of the many good fics on this site. :scootangel: Thank you for your time and thoughts! Onwards, to the future!

2574675 well, I love Trixie, so I'm more than happy to help.

You should could have effectiveness in putting Trixie in a music related field. I wrote a story that had trix and twi going to a death metal concert and it got great reviews. So, music is always a plus

Well, there are several standard scenarios that would work. Employee/employer, teacher/student, or maybe enemies who in the heat of battle decide to make love not war (wink wink) Stalker trixie is always fun, and crazy obsessed fan twilight is a good counter point.

If your looking for originality, maybe cast an older mid-thirty princess twilight with her younger twenty something trophy wife showmare. Oooh! Masked Matter-horn and her lovable nemesis the Trixter, or maybe a Dr. Doom type character would fit her personality better.

Hmmm... The great and powerful Professor Lulamoon! Curse you Sparkle. Yeah, obsession with one hero who they blame for a life changing downfall, use of gadgets and dangerous magic artifacts, and a love of capes!

..... I think I have yet another fix to start and get sidetracked on now..... Curse you Sparkle!

Let me see if I got this straight. You're writing a bunch of short stories with many different settings, premises, and the overarching theme is Twixie? Sounds interesting. So what you wanted from us, was a few ideas for these short stories? If that's the case, then I may have a few suggestions for you.

1. Twilight is a researcher for a museum, and the well-known adventurer Trixie comes in, asking for her expertise in the field.
2. Trixie is a James Bond-type spy, and Twilight is the beautiful henchmare to the BBEG that she seduces away.
3. Twilight leads a team of cybernetically enhanced government operatives (think Ghost in the Shell), and Trixie is her trusty second in command.

I have more, but don't want to just give them away in case I got the wrong idea for what you're doing.

2574815 Oh no. I suppose I should explain a bit further, although I admit I am loathe to as I find myself likely to venture into spoiler territories.

:pinkiecrazy: Ah well, nothing ventured nothing gained, yesno?

*Ahem* Twilight and Trixie have been together for a few weeks now. It's been.. interesting, to say the least, between the personality clashes and the magical clashes. But peace and love have slowly sprung from the ashes of a blazing rivalry between a princess and a pauper.

Twilight has designed a spell that she believes will allow her to view the future and past. Trixie has volunteered to take the role of guinea pig for the first run.

The multiverse weeps as one constant element unravels through the hubris of a powerfully magical mare.
The Multiversal Twixie Constant.

It's technically an Adventure that follows Twilight after she screws up multiversal Twixie pairings by accidentally cramming multiple Trixies into her Trixie's head, and her returning them to their proper universes. I'm still working out the exact details, although the one that picks up the most brain lint is 'Making Trixie act like the local Trixie'. Which will of course involve small intro scenes for each of the multiverses and then the resolution scenes with the multiversal Twixie couples... well... mucha smoochas. :pinkiehappy:

Adventurer/Researcher, didn't even think of that one! (Should've, considering my latest story. :unsuresweetie:)
I may lack the gravitas for a proper James Bond, but a parody might be workable.
I admit I am completely deficient in the Ghost In the Shell angle, so that would be out of my reach for the moment. Still, good ideas all around!

I do have to say I'm liking these ideas. Teacher/Student is workable, Costumed Villain/Hero is a good angle, and your avatar gives a good bit of inspiration for PiratevsPirate. Or possibly pirates on the same crew, might have a better rivalry/ally aspect to exploit.

Hm... what about daring Captain Twilight of her majesty's royal navy and the dread Captain Lulamoon stuck on a desert island! Separated from both crews, struggling for survival, reluctant truce by both before eventual "Oh no I hurt myselft" 'I must help her heal' then the snuggles! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :raritystarry: They don't call me captain for nothing, for I am the master of this ship! hehehehe :pinkiecrazy:

Okay, that makes a little more sense, now. In that case, I do have some more suggestions, then. :twilightsmile:
1. If you've ever seen Digimon, then you'll know where I'm coming from on this one. Trixie is the inept tamer, and Twilight is her powerful, yet willful digimon.
2. Doctor (psychologist) Trixie/(mental) Patient Twilight.
3. Speaking of Venturing... Adventuring Doctor Twilight (think Johnny Quest or Dr. Venture)/Bodyguard Trixie.
4. If you're familiar with 50's American culture, then try this one: Greaser/Innocent girl in poodle skirt.

You just put an image in my mind of Captain Twilight Kirk of the Federation Starship Equestria conquering/seducing native girl Trixie. This needs to be a thing, now. :trollestia:

2575521 Captain Trixie T. Lulamoon of the Equestrian Federation and her science officer Sparkle. The latter of whom is usually a highly logical individual, but is at the moment undergoing Pony Farr.

Going back to the mostly-canon setting, how about a role reversal? Trixie accidentally ruins Twilight's reputation as Celestia's student when she does what Twilight can't (defeat the Ursa Minor, or maybe the red dragon, or some other minor/major threat, or maybe even several), and Twilight swears revenge. So you then have a Trixie who is genuinely powerful, highly regarded by the public, and realizes that she could be an actual hero, and a Twilight who stalks her shows and obsesses about bringing her down. Enter budding romantic feelings as you prefer.

Hay, I might actually have to write a story on that scenario. It sounds fun now.

2575225 Admittedly I think I want to avoid Dread Pirate anything just because of Homestuck, but I have to admit that's a good angle. Of course, to throw people a curveball Trixie would probably be the good natured robin hood chaotic good pirate and Twilight the bitter letter of the law civil servant. Or perhaps Twilight is the Pirate Queen and Trixie is the loyal adjutant, there is possibility here. I may find myself suffering from an embarrassment of riches, which is hardly a bad state. :raritystarry:

2575521 I was half debating one where Twilight had gotten herself stuck in Pokemon with a Poke-tized Trixie (Ponyta of blue who can only say Trixie) but that really was more bitter than sweet, and went around Twilight having screwed up another spell, which I don't want to be an overarching theme. The Digimon one is... interesting, but feels weird. I think it's just because the kids are all, well, kids.

Yesssss, Trixie helping Twilight through delusions made worse by her magical abilities and logical reasoning. It's hard to fight a monster who you not only know has a greater than 0 possibility to exist, and has no weakness you can analyze.

Hmm... Good angle, straightforward, I worry that the bodyguard aspect would come at the cost of the romance element, though.

:pinkiehappy: That is so ridiculood! It's Ridiculous, and it's Good!

Captain... :rainbowlaugh: Oh my. I look forward to how the Native Alien Girl is different from regular ponies. Does she talk in third person?:pinkiecrazy:

2576447 I lack the background of Trek to give it a full treatment, but that's a fascinating angle of approach. I hope someone with a bit more ability for Sci-Fi will take that.

H-hey, you can't steal that! This was for brainstorming! :fluttercry: Get back here! :flutterrage:

I kid, I kid, that's an interesting idea, and I look forward to seeing your creation on the subject.

Pony Farr... this definitely needs to be a thing, now. I also like your role reversal idea. I'll try to keep an eye out for that. :twilightsmile:
Well, you're not making either of them kids, so that shouldn't really be a problem, right? I was actually thinking something along the lines of the relationship Renamon and Rika (my favorite pair) have, but with Tamer Trixie being way more inept than Rika ever was, more like Mimi from Season 1.

I wouldn't worry too much about the bodyguard thing coming between them. Ever seen the movie The Bodyguard? Trinity was pretty much Neo's bodyguard in The Matrix. It's not that much of a stretch to imagine a person (or pony) falling for the one their protecting, or vice versa.

Glad you liked my ideas. :pinkiehappy:

2577307 Well, one of the things that has been noted (by the kind of fans that read far too much into things) in Star Trek: The Original Series is that Kirk and Spock had a very strong personal chemistry that far outclassed anything Kirk had for any actual female characters. Supposedly Gene Roddenberry had said at one point that had he been allowed to get away with it, Kirk and Spock would have been a couple. (Though I strongly doubt the veracity of that statement, myself.)

Pon Farr is a Vulcan trait that can best be described as 'aggressively going into heat'. They're so emotionally restrained that they actually need something like that to perpetuate the species, apparently.

Also, I'll start writing that role reversal story now. I'm inspired now. Though it might not be very nice for Twilight, at least not first. :twilightangry2:

Okay, "Role Reversal" written and submitted, it'll come up soon. Anyone want to add it to any groups, feel free to do so. (I can't do it until it's accepted, after all.) Suggestions for cover image very welcome.

Enjoy!

2582273 I read it! Quite well done! I am a bit puzzled at the sheer degree of downvoting it got. (We've seen that Twilight has a mild obsessive streak. Especially when things don't work as expected.) Of course, now you've set the bar pretty high for quality of work and speed of creation. I suppose I had better start work!

2584615 I'll admit it was uncannily fast, but I was really inspired. It was like each scene just came to me and clicked in place, just like that. You probably shouldn't feel required to match that, unless you get bitten the inspiration bug too.

And it stings a little to see the downvotes, yeah. From what I can tell, some people just voted without reading. (Guess they don't like the idea of Twilight getting the short end of the stick for a while, but doesn't that happen all the time on the show?) Still, if some people find it enjoyable, I'm content. It was fun to write.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14