Art for Fanfiction 5,176 members · 213 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Hiya, lovely peeps!

Let me try to as specific as I can.

I do art commissions. However, unlike most artists on-site, I donʼt draw bodies. As well as faces, hands, clothes, anything that relates to anatomy, really. (If you do see of my drawings containing a body, itʼs usually the expection and is a very basic pose.)

I do, however, do landscape, typography and logo design, objects and much more. And whenever I see a commission sheet, itʼs always comparing the price to the gradual evolution of how detailed the drawing is. Thing is, I donʼt do that. My entire process is very different.

If you wanna see my most recent work, here is my most recent gallery. For a quick glance at what my art looks like, see below.

So, yeah, thatʼs what I do. How should I do my commissions sheets? And for that matter, do I even need one?

Iʼm confused.

I love all these.

kleia #3 · March 7th · · ·

I’ve been doing my art for over 10 years, and honestly, a commission sheet is purely artist preference. If you draw as often as I do, you’ll have plenty of examples to share. For me, I just show my work in an example section vs a commission sheet and list my pricing separately bc that’s just how I prefer to do it. I hope this helped a little!

Thank you for the advice.

Thank you. I love how they turned out, too.

You’re welcome.

Are there levels to the complexity of shading in your work? You could do a tiered system, with monochromatic designs being the cheapest, flat colored pieces being mid-level, and fully rendered out pieces being the most expensive. Alternatively, you can just set a price for each level of complexity in the image itself (illustrations with more elements being more "complex" and thus more expensive), and provide examples for each level so as to clarify.

You could also work off a system of "add ons". Set a base fee for an illustration with x amount of elements (images, custom logos, typography), and then an additional fee per each additional element. Get detailed with it if you feel like you need to, charge an additional fee of x for illustrative elements, a different additional fee of y for typography, and another different fee of z for logos/icons. And of course, there's always the option to simply provide examples and a general range of prices, and give individual quotes to potential commissioners. Experiment with your pricing and you'll eventually find what works, and make sure you're paying yourself decently.

Thank you kindly for the advice. Youʼve given me a lot to think about.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7