Twinkie: Golden Shipfics with Sweet Filling 577 members · 346 stories
Comments ( 247 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 247

So right now a lot of the other groups are putting together prompt tag games, such as the AppleDash (who I believe started it all), the FlutterDash, the Rarijack, and the Flarity. I was wondering if this awesome group wanted to put one together as well. Opinions?

Edit: Well, we're doing it now, so here are the rules, copied from the FlutterDash group with minor edits.

Someone starts off by posting a 100-500 word mini-fic about Pinkie and Twi. At the end will be a one word prompt. If you would like to write a 100-500 word Twinkie mini-fic relating to that prompt within the next four hours, comment right away to claim that prompt. Post the story when you finish, and add a one word prompt at the end for the next people to claim.

Simple enough?

Just to make sure everything is clear:

* The mini-fic can be in any style, any tag, AU, humanized, whatever. It can be a cute scene, a snippet of conversation, or an excerpt from an Equestrian history book. It's not expected to be preread or proofread, and if you've never written before that's just fine. Just try to keep it rated teen or lower and make sure it's 100-500 words of fiction about Pinkie and Twi and it relates somehow to the prompt you claimed.

* Claim prompts with a quick post responding to the last post. Just the word "claimed" is fine. When you finish, make a post with the mini-fic and the next prompt.

* Your claim is valid for four hours, to keep someone from accidentally holding things up all day. After four hours, another person could post a claim for the same prompt. If you ran out of time, and no one else has claimed it, and you still want to write it, just go ahead and reclaim it.

* In the event that people become confused, and two fics are posted for the same prompt, the first one posted contains the official next prompt.

* Please include a one word prompt at the end of your fic. There are lots of words, and they can mean lots of things, and it's up to the next writer what they want to do with it.

The first prompt is Snowglobe and has already been claimed. :twilightsmile:

Gabriel LaVedier
Group Contributor

I'd be for it but I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What is a prompt tag game?

Let me copy the rules. Be right back.

Here you go - this is copied from the FlutterDash group.

RULES NOW AT THE TOP

I'd be up for it. In fact, I was just about to do a similar post here. :pinkiesmile:

When will you do the first word?

I shall post it now, and change those rules up there so it's Pinkie and Twi. :pinkiehappy:

First prompt is: Snowglobe

Prompt: Snow Globe

“I wonder if Twilight would like this one…” Pinkie wondered as she grabbed a snow globe off the shelf. Their one-year anniversary was tomorrow, and she wanted to get the perfect gift for her marefriend. Twilight had always given Pinkie awesome presents—like the first time she didn’t give her a book. It had been Pinkie’s birthday, a couple of months since they’d started going out. Back then, Twilight had gone out of her way to bake a cake that was pink with purple icing.

It may not have tasted like the best cake ever, but it was the best gift Pinkie had ever received.

She handled the snow globe in her hooves gently, trying to decide if this one was the way to go. Inside, two ponies were holding each other with mutual expressions of tenderness. When flipped upside down, the snowflakes made it seem like they were dancing.

Pinkie smiled as she imagined her and Twilight doing the same thing.

Then, Pinkie trotted up to the counter of the store and placed the snow globe atop it. As the price tag had suggested, she placed six bits beside it.

“Have a special somepony, do you?” the elderly mare asked as she noticed which snow globe Pinkie had picked out.

“Yeah,” she replied fondly, “And she’s the most important pony in the world to me.”

The clerk chuckled as she put the bits into a bag Pinkie guessed was her wallet. Her eyes were kind when they met Pinkie’s again. “I see. Would you like to add a note to that as well?”

“Um…” Pinkie tapped a hoof to her chin for a few moments before coming to a decision. “Sure! How much do I owe you, then?”

“Don’t worry about that, it’s free. Now, what would you like it to say?” She pulled out a small sheet of paper and a feather.

Pinkie didn’t hesitate to answer. “I love you, Twilight. I hope we’re together for forever and ever.”

The older mare began writing in the neatest hoofwriting Pinkie had ever seen, even though she was using a hoof. “Might your special somepony be Twilight Sparkle?”

Pinkie found herself blushing, but didn’t say anything. The cashier smiled fondly. “I thought so. She came here just the other day looking for a snow globe, too. Said it was for the most beautiful mare in the world. Don’t tell her I told you, now.”

Pinkie wondered if Twilight had gotten a snow globe for their anniversary, too. “That can’t be right… She’s the most beautiful mare in the world.”

“Yes, well, you can correct her after your anniversary.” The elder wrapped up the snow globe and attached the note to it. Then, she grabbed a bag and put the gift into it so it was out of sight.

“Wait, how did you know it was our anniversary?” Pinkie asked, her eyebrows knitting together. The cashier only smiled and gave her the bag.

“Good luck for tomorrow, dear.”

With that, Pinkie ended up outside of the shop, unsure of what had just happened. Usually, she was the one who confused other ponies. Pinkie shrugged it off and made her way to Sugarcube Corner, thoughts of Twilight and tomorrow running around her mind.

(Blue Dragon: Sorry, I went a little over… Also, can an author that’s already participated do another prompt later on?)

Next prompt: Excitement

As my first foray into writing Twinkie, I shall claim this prompt!

To your author's note: Absolutely! I've done maybe three so far in the FlutterDash and two in the Rarijack. As long as you don't claim your own prompt, you're good. :pinkiehappy:

1458575 We do this over in the TwiDash group and I'm not sure about here, but there you can do more than one if you want.

Gabriel LaVedier
Group Contributor

I see now. A shame I cannot participate. I get one day a week on a computer with wifi. Most of the time it's an iPhone with mobile net. Slow and prone to crashing.

Prompt: Excitement

It was the big day, but Pinkie wasn't excited. It was odd for her. Pinkie was always excited for something. Good weather, bad weather, holidays, regular days, new friends, old friends, fresh sweets, sweets she found while cleaning out under her bed, it didn't matter to her.

Pinkie watched as her hooves shook. Not from a sugar rush or from a cup of coffee, but from fear.

Pinkie gave a half hearted laugh that sounded more like a sob. Her hooves shook more. This wasn't something she could just giggle away.

Her left nostril itched. Five minutes. She only had five minutes.

There was a knock at the door.

"Pinkie? Darling, are you okay?" Rarity asked.

"Oh, I'm fine Rarity! Just making sure that my mane is the most Pinkie-ist and perfect-ist it can be!"

"Alright, but do hurry!"

Pinkie half heartedly moved her limp hair away from her face. Something fell out, no longer held by her curls. It was a card.

The note shook as she picked it up and read it. It wasn't much, just a short poem.

Rose are red and violets are blue
I've never said it, but Pinkie, I like you

Pinkie smiled. She closed her eyes and pulled the note closer to her.

Pinkie jumped to her hooves, stashing the note in her mane. Hooves steady she pulled open the door and headed out.

"Oh, thank heavens. You're just in time." Rarity paused. "Are you ready?"

"You betcha!" Pinkie nearly sang.

"Well then, here we go!"

Pinkie walked with a calmness that was rare, moving her hooves in time with the music. The ponies on either side of her were smiling as they watched her. She was careful not to step on her dress.
She almost stopped when she turned her eyes to look to the far end of the room.

There was Twilight, waiting for her with glistening eyes.

Pinkie wasn't afraid or scared. No, Pinkie was excited.

Next Prompt: Test

(prompt can only be one word, so you can make it "test" :pinkiesmile:) That's awesome! I might claim it...working on a longer Twinkie one-shot, though, so I think I'll leave this one for someone else.

It's alright! The story was awesome, BTW. :pinkiehappy:

1459859 Thanks, I love TwiPie/Twinkie but never get a chance to write it.

You should claim it. I want to wait longer before doing another one. :derpytongue2:

Maybe. :trollestia:
...aw sure, why not. Claiming.

Prompt: Test

After another horrifyingly stressful day as a princess of Equestria, there was nothing more that Twilight Sparkle loved to do than curl up in her warm bed under the sheets with a stack of books next to her, and she would read them one by one. The adventure stories captured her mind and held it, not letting it go, while the comedy stories had her snorting so loud that Spike would wake up and yell at her to be quiet. But the romance stories…ah, the romance stories were pure gold. The passionate words spoken by the lovers, the wonderful interactions that they had…

…Twilight wanted to feel that someday. And she knew exactly which pony she wanted to feel it with.

Pinkamina Diane Pie, or perhaps more commonly known as Pinkie Pie, Ponyville’s craziest party pony.

Some might wonder at the princess choosing this particular pony, but for the last few months, Pinkie had certainly made a lasting impression on Twilight. Her clinginess and random yet heartfelt statements made her chest throb until she was sure her heart would explode straight out of it. Her sparkly blue eyes made her want to embrace that adoring pink equine.

But her only question was: Did Pinkie return the feelings?

Twilight closed her book, lost in her train of thought. Immediately she knew what she had to do.

She had to conduct a test. And not just any test. A test of romance, of skill, and of heart.

A test to see if Pinkie Pie loved her back.

Part One of the test was to send flowers. Flowers and an anonymous note. That always worked in the books. Twilight narrowed her eyes in concentration as she levitated the bouquet into perfect formation on the doorstep of Sugarcube Corner. A single bead of sweat trickled down the side of her face as the flowers shifted ever so slightly to the left…

Hiya, Twilight!

The alicorn shrieked and leapt about a foot in the air, whipping around to see none other than Ponyville’s proclaimed pink party pony standing in front of her with a wide grin. “P-Pinkie Pie! What’re you doing?

“Following you, silly-dilly Twilight!” Pinkie giggled. “What’re you doing with those flowers?”

Heat flooded to Twilight’s face before she knew what was happening; she flattened her ears back, heart suddenly pounding. “…testing something?” she croaked, because that was true.

“Can I see?”

Before Twilight could answer, Pinkie had already bounced over to the flowers and sniffed them, breathing in the scent with a contented sigh. “Preeeetty…Ooh, a note~!” With a little giggle she plucked it out from between the flowers.

The alicorn’s heartbeat, if possible, quickened.

“Pinkie, no! Don’t read tha—”

“If your eyes are blue, they’re the best kind of blue, the one that makes me shudder with delight and say…” Pinkie looked up, and stared straight at Twilight, apparently having memorized the last three words already. They were relatively easy to remember, after all. The most common phrase in romance stories. “…I love you.”

Twilight had no idea what to say; her mind felt as blank as a sheet of parchment just waiting to be written on. “Pinkie…I…” she managed to get out, and then blanked again when she felt pink arms wrapping around her neck in a tight embrace.

“Twilight,” Pinkie whispered in her ear, a breath, a simple word. “Why do you think I was following you today, silly dilly?” She snuggled harder, and Twilight’s heartbeat, for the third time, increased. “I was going to tell you the same thing.”

The scene following was more or less like a scene in one of the romance books Twilight had read, yet it was so much better because it was so real. She could smell the sweets in Pinkie’s mane and breathe in the essence of the pony now pressing her lips to hers, and all she could think beyond the pure ecstasy was test complete.

Next prompt: Jealous

That was amazing. :raritystarry:

Claimed. :trollestia:

Hmmm, I should really be working on my updates... but this is Twinkie after all. Fine, you've twisted my leg.

Prompt: Jealous

Twilight was having a good time. After her coronation, it was once in a blue moon that she got the chance to just go out and have fun; papers always seemed to be calling her name. But Princess Celestia figured that her student needed some time off and had all of her friends make the trip to Canterlot—even Pinkie.

Especially Pinkie.

Twilight took a sip of her drink and smiled. Pinkie was the most amazing pony of them all. The alicorn knew about all of her nuances, the little things she did, and yet they still eluded her. Pinkie withheld her curiosity unlike any study she’d ever commenced before, and loving her was more fun than reading Starswirl’s reports concerning magical theory over and over again.

“So, how much are you guys willing to bet that stallion’s staring at Twilight?” Rainbow’s voice interrupted Twilight’s musings. The loud music was distracting, but her friend’s words rang through her head like a bell.

“Which stallion?” Rarity glanced around at the other tables and the dance floor. Dash poked a hoof at her shoulder and nodded toward the bar counter.

“Over there. The one with the weird hat.” Twilight gulped and slowly glanced over to where Rainbow was indicating. The male had the same body figure that Big Mac had, though his attire suggested he was nothing like the Apple. A black top hat rested atop his head, and when his gaze met Twilight’s, he winked.

Twilight blushed immediately.

“Oh my goodness, he’s coming over here!” Fluttershy whispered fervently.

Within a few seconds, the stallion was standing beside Twilight. “Would you care for a dance?”

The alicorn didn’t know what to say. Unluckily for her, Applejack pushed her toward the stranger. “Go ahead, Twi. Ain’t gotta worry about us.”

“Oh, um, I guess you’re right.” Twilight said awkwardly as she was forced to take the stallion’s hoof and walk over to the dance floor.

Pinkie’s lips curled down slightly as her gaze followed Twilight onto the dance floor. The alicorn was getting the week off to spend time with her friends, not some random stallion.

Just whose idea was it to come to this place?

“Hey, Pinkie, you okay? You’re kinda quiet all of a sudden.” Rainbow asked with a raised eyebrow. Pinkie tore her eyes away from Twilight and forced a smile onto her face.

“What’re you talking about? I’m fine, silly!” The pegasus seemed relieved by this answer, and went back to detailing her latest prank to their other friends. Pinkie looked back at the two dancing ponies with a deeper frown.

The longer they were out there, the more annoyed Pinkie became.

Finally, she’d had enough.

Pinkie stood up and trotted toward the dance floor, earning looks of confusion from the other ponies at the table.

“Twilight,” she interrupted the two’s conversation, “Would you mind having a dance with me? You only promised him one dance, and he’d be a real meanie pants if he made you stay for more.”

The alicorn adopted a smile, relief flooding into her features. “Sure, Pinkie. I’d love to.”

Next prompt: Proposal

Hint, hint. :yay:

100-500 words of fiction about Fluttershy and Dash

I think you forget to change something here :ajsmug:

Prompt: Proposal

As far as trees go it was a nice tree. I mean it wasn't exactly too tall or very impressive, but it was nice. I might be thinking too much into it. Pinkie and I've been coming here for months now; I guess it has some sentimental value to it.

Granted Pinkie is far better at climbing it than me. She kind of leaps from branch to branch like a spring board whereas I struggle to pull myself up onto the first branch without a helping hoof. However once we get to the top we just sit there, looking out across the shores of Lake Saddle.

We don’t really talk much, we just sit there. It’s hard to explain but sometimes it’s nice to enjoy each other’s company. That came off more cliché that I was hoping for. I guess that’s something ponies in love do.

And yes, Pinkie and I have been going out for some time now. And yes again, I asked her.

So here we are again, sitting out in this tree looking out across the glittering lakeside, the grass a silky gold. Pinkies face had her usual smile etched on her face, although it was far more calm and relaxed. Most unexpected however was when her eyes shot opened and she leapt to her hooves.

“Oh oh oh, I almost forgot! I got something for you today Twi and I know you’ll just love it. “She bounced happily up and down on the branch, forcing me to quickly cling onto it at fear of tumbling to an unfortunate death.

“Ah... Pinkie.”

“Oops, sorry Twi! What was I saying again? That’s right; close your eyes!” Her smile reached from ear to ear, barley containing her excitement without bouncing till the branch snapped.

“Alright, eyes are shut.” I closed my eyes and listened for what happened next. I’m a bit surprised when I hear Pinkie climb off further up the tree, her weight easing off the branch. If I could see the look on my face it would probably be rather confused.

“No peeking!” Okay so she isn’t as far away as I thought. Maybe a few branches up, but it’s hard to tell without sneaking a look.

“Okay, you can open them.” But taking my first look I could see nothing, just a bunch pine needles. But from above dipped Pinkie Pie, hanging onto the branch above her with her hooves. Her mane was flopped from her peculiar upside-down position, forcing me to giggle slightly. In Pinkies mouth was gripped a small box, her voice muffled by the funny object.

“Swupwize!”

Then it dawned on me. Actually that’s an understatement; it hit me like a sonic rainboom. The Watergates open and my eyes start to well up. Despite how silly she looked with her mane like it was and hanging from a branch she was so adorable.

“Twilite, woub yu marre me pweabe?”

Lifting a slow hoof I took the small box from her mouth. I flicked back to lid and draw small a gasp. The jewel was carved into the shape of a six pointed star shining a brilliant pink and lined with sparkling silver and gold. Levitating the precious item from its box I liet it slip down to its resting place upon my horn.

“Yes… I do, I do! I do!” I couldn’t hold back. I practically leap at her, planting my lips on hers and drawing her into this kiss further. It’s messy and awkward, what with her being upside down and all, but I love every moment of it. I love her.

We separated from our intimate session to gaze into each other’s eyes, unable to fully break the lock we had. Eventually Pinkie broke the silence with a small giggle, earning one from me in return.

“Love you Twi.”

“I love you too Pinkie.”

“So who’s gonna tell the others.”

“I think we can wait a while to tell them while you’re still here.”

“Does that mean I can stop hanging upside down?”

Next Prompt: Bedtime Stories

I changed it on the top post, where the official rules are. :twilightsheepish:

I was waiting for someone else to come in and take the prompt, but I guess I'll do it. Claimed. :twilightsmile:
Also, since I've seen a few other group collabs post as stories, and since you brought up the idea here initially... Will you be posting it as a story? :twilightsheepish:

Sure! I guess I could host it. :twilightsmile: I'll wait until we get a few more entries in, though.

Awesome! You should totally do another one. You know, since I just did three. :rainbowlaugh:

Prompt: Bedtime Stories

“Ugh, I hate these things!” Twilight exclaimed suddenly, pushing herself up onto the bed and glaring at her wings. Even though it’d been a week since she’d gotten them, she still couldn’t get any sleep.

“Mmm… What’s wrong?” Pinkie rolled over so she was facing Twilight, her eyes half closed. Twilight felt bad for having woken up her marefriend for the third night in a row, but knew she couldn’t help it.

“I’m sorry… It’s just that I still can’t get these wings to work! I’m going to go insane if I don’t start getting any sleep.” She moved so she was on her haunches before trying to force her wings to her sides. Just when she’d thought it was working, they snapped back open.

Twilight groaned.

“Here, let me help you.” Pinkie said with a yawn. She sat up too. “Lay down on your tummy.”

Twilight did as she was told, her wings remaining upright all the while. Pinkie stepped over her marefriend and relaxed herself into a seated position on her lower back. The pink mare pressed her hooves into the sleep-deprived pony’s fur.

Pinkie’s massage relaxed all of Twilight’s muscles to the core, and the alicorn was reminded of her fatigue. Still though, her wings were uncomfortably rigid, and she couldn’t sleep that way.

“Thanks, Pinkie,” Twilight sighed with contentment, “This feels great, but I don’t think it’s helping with my wings.”

“Shh,” the other mare whispered, “Just let me take care of it, okay?”

Twilight nodded slightly, allowing her eyes to close shut. Pinkie’s hooves really were just like magic—she always knew exactly which places to press into.

“Once upon a time…” Pinkie began, her hooves never slowing. “There was a princess. She was a super duper pretty princess; the prettiest of them all. Her name was Twilight. But she was sooo pretty that all the guys always fought for. But there was this knight named Pinkie, and she was the best of them all.”

Twilight smiled into the pillow her head rested on. Pinkie’s hooves moved so she was massaging the area between her wings. “One day, Princess Twilight was captured by the mean old sorceress, Trixie, and taken to her evil tower of wickedness. Knight Pinkie went to save her, and was able to beat Trixie so fast she didn’t even remember it the next day! Pinkie took the princess back to the castle and read her stories every night so she wouldn’t be scared of the evil Trixie, and so she wouldn’t get lonely. They lived happily ever after.”

The alicorn felt her wings start to relax, but she was so tired she barely noticed. Her wings finally rested themselves against her sides, and Twilight started to drift off into dreamland.

“I love you, Twilight,” was the last thing she heard before she fell into a deep sleep.

Next prompt: Goodbye

I'll claim this one, then. :trollestia: (Got a good idea for it and all)

Prompt: Goodbye

“W-What do you mean, leaving for three months? Excuse my rudeness, Princess, but…three whole months? I’m afraid I just don’t understand your…your logic here!”

“Twilight, I know it’s hard to take in, but—”

“Leaving my friends for three months so soon after I’ve entered a new relationship?” The purple alicorn princess known as Twilight Sparkle glared at her mentor, violet eyes glistening with tears of hurt. “It’s not easy to take in at all!”

Celestia grimaced and looked away. “Twilight, you must understand. A diplomatic meeting is necessary for a brand new princess. Cadance had to go through the same thing when she was crowned. You’ll see them again in three months.” The white alicorn kneeled down and placed one wing over Twilight’s back; the lavender alicorn was shuddering with sobs rippling throughout her body, one after another. “You must leave for the Griffon Kingdom at eight. I’ll give you a few hours to say goodbye.”

She stood outside Sugarcube Corner with dread hanging over her, like a cloud, perhaps, knowing that all of her friends were inside. Laughing, playing, whispering, dreaming. Not knowing of what was about to befall them.

A single tear fell from Twilight Sparkle’s eye.

She pushed open the door.

All movement inside instantly froze, then resumed with a burst of pure joy when they saw who it was. “Twilight! You’re missing all the best stuff!” Rainbow crowed, ruffling the alicorn’s mane with one hoof good-naturedly.

Rarity nodded, blue eyes dancing with eagerness. “Yes, the party games are extravagant!” She shuddered with delight. “You simply must try Pinkie’s rendition of Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Pony!”

Pinkie.

There she was, spinning around, blue eyes lit up with pure delight at her recently-announced marefriend. Without any thinking about the matter whatsoever she drew Twilight in for a quick peck on the lips and giggled. “Hiya, Twily! Ready for the party?”

Twilight’s eyes widened, and she felt like she was going to throw up. “Well…not really.”

“What?” Pinkie’s eyes also got wide, and maybe even a little hurt. “Why, Twilight?”

“Well…” Another tear fell, then another, and another, and then she was crying so hard that the others were gathering around, and by the time Twilight was done speaking, they were all crying (except for Rainbow Dash, who only leaked a few tears but would never even admit to that).

Eight o’clock. Twilight Sparkle stood on the outskirts of Equestria, staring out at the lands beyond. Behind her stood her five best friends in the whole world, plus Spike, who was atop Rarity’s back and was still crying. Twilight tried not to look at them. It made the whole thing harder.

But she was forced to when Pinkie whipped her around and gave her a long, passionate kiss; the others watched in silent sympathy, knowing how hard it was for the two who had only just gotten together to be separated so soon.

Celestia’s voice echoed behind her. “It is time to go, Twilight.”

The alicorn broke apart from her marefriend, staring out at the others. “I’ll miss you all,” she whispered, eyes still brimming with tears, and then looked at Pinkie, embracing the pink earth pony one last time. “I promise I will.”

The last word they all heard her say before she vanished over the hilltops, Celestia at her side, was “Goodbye.

Next prompt: Dresses

1467347 Dresses

"PINKIE!"
Rainbow dash could be heard from across town screaming for Ponyville's resident party addict. Twilight jumped as the voice broke her out of 'Transdimensional Theory of Crystal Pony Anatomy', which was now resting on the floor.

Looking around Twilight scanned the library's main room for the pink mare in question. After a moment of fruitless searching she reached out her magic to retrieve her book. Not even getting it a few feet off the ground Twilight promptly dropped it again and gave a small yelp as the library's door slammed shut.

Pinkie zipped over to Twilight before she had time to register anypony had entered the room. "Oh, Twilight!" Pinkie was suddenly snout to snout with Twilight, "I'm glad to see you finally stopped reading. I mean, not that reading is a bad thing, it makes you the absolutely adora-riffic bestest Twilight I know. That's not to say i don't like my other friends named Twilight! Twilight Sprinkles is so fun, and Twilight Velvet and Shining Twilight and Dusk Shine and Tara-"

Twilight, Sparkle of course, put her hoof over Pinkies mouth. Even after two years of living together Twilight still had trouble keeping up with Pinkie some times. She would never complain of course, Pinkie could always make her smile and that was all she ever asked for.

"Pinkie, what happened?" Twilight put her hoof down as she asked.

"Well you see, I was trying to get you out of your book because i had something super duper special to show you but you were in 'No Nonsense Sparkle Butt' mode and you couldn't hear anything i said!" Twilight blushed, she secretly liked the silly nicknames Pinkie gave her but sometimes they were a little embarrassing. "So I thought to myself, "Self, we need something to get Twilight back to 'Regular Adorkabe Princess' mode" but i couldn't thing of ANYTHING! Then i had the greatest idea! Who is good at getting ponies attention? The rootinest, tootinest, faster than a speeding thunderbolt, Rainbow Dash!"

"I guess that makes sense, in a Pinkie Pie sort of way" Twilight giggled, "Now that you have "Princess-Noncence-Reading-Socks... ummm. Now that you have me what did you want to show me?" It was Pinkie's turn to giggle this time as Twilight attempted to join in on her silliness.

"This!" Pinkie leaned in and gave Twilight a light kiss. Time stood still for Twilight, Pinkie still made her heart flutter and her head light. "Happy twenty-seven weeks before our anniversary!" Pinkie whispered as she pulled away.

"Have I told you today how much I love you Pinkie?" It was a rhetorical question but Pinkie didn't care, "Only four times today but it's still just the afternoon" She said with a smile.

Twilight looked around realizing something, "Where is Rainbow Dash?" she asked. Looking back at Pinkie she had a bad feeling. Pinkie was grinning in a way that only Pinkie could do, from ear to ear.
The door burst open to reveal the most ridiculous sight Twilight had ever seen. Rainbow Dash was wearing a dress, but not any dress this was a dress from Rarity's "FABULOUS" collection. It had bows and ribbons, three pounds of lace, and to top it all off Rainbow was wearing a frilly bonnet that Granny Smith might have worn.

Twilight fell over laughing, Pinkie could always make her smile

Next Time: Fling

Donnys Boy
Group Admin

Oh, man, these are great! Thanks so much for suggesting. If I can get some free time this week, I'll join in the fun. :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

1496686 That was pretty amazing. Also, claimed.

Prompt: Fling

It was supposed to be a fling, nothing more. It was supposed to be two ponies getting together for a night of fun, no strings attached. Apparently Pinkie was used to fun between friends, so everything would go smoothly. It was supposed to be a fling, so why did Twilight’s heart race whenever Pinkie caught her eye and grinned? Why did her legs and wings tremble whenever Pinkie laughed, or brushed up against her on their way to the next bar? Why couldn’t she stop the bright blush that burned its way embarrassingly across her muzzle, or the dopey little smile that wandered off and on her face at its own pace? It was just supposed to be a fling.

“How’re ya holding up?” Pinkie asked. Her face as she looked Twilight over. Twilight blinked against the haze of mild drunkenness and refocused her eyes. Too much confusion and wild happiness and a strange, deep loneliness sloshed around inside her, and she wasn’t sure if she’d laugh or scream or cry the moment she opened her mouth.

“I’m drunk,” she slurred, halfway to a whimper. There was so much noise and color around them, and somehow Twilight couldn’t bear to meet Pinkie’s eyes, her wonderful, bright blue eyes. Eyes were hard, sometimes. They always carried so many emotions, so many expectations. “Wanna go home,” she finished, turning carefully around to where the library would stand in the evening light, if she could take her eyes off the ground. Ground was nice and simple. Ground didn’t ask questions or bring up strange, confusing emotions.

And suddenly Pinkie’s gentle hoof lay itself across Twilight’s withers, and much of the confusion melted away from the warmth of it. Twilight’s dopey little grin was back, and she nuzzled into Pinkie’s strong chest earnestly, inhaling the faint aroma of vanilla that perpetually surrounded her. “Alright,” Pinkie soothed. “I’ll walk you home, and we can maybe talk some more?” Twilight nodded, her face still firmly pressed against Pinkie’s delightful coat. Warm tears prickled her eyes and flowed silently down her cheeks, into Pinkie’s fur, and Twilight didn’t know quite why. She let Pinkie guide her down the street, finally moving her eyes back to the road before them.

Pinkie got her a glass of water, and then another and another still. Twilight drank them all, feeling the strange shakiness and the haze of alcohol begin to fade away. Twilight smiled again, and looked Pinkie straight in her loving, concerned blue eyes. “Alright,” Twilight rasped. “Can we talk now?”

Pinkie smiled and sat down a hoof’s length from Twilight. “Okay, Twi-twi,” Pinkie said. Her voice always hinted at laughter and music. Her voice was nice. “I guess I’m a little confused here,” Pinkie admitted. “You asked me out for drinks, and then you weren’t having a very good time. Did I do something wrong?”

Twilight shook her head so hard that she almost fell over. “No, it’s just me being dumb again,” she answered. “You’re great, Pinkie. You’re perfect, okay?” Pinkie scooched a little closer and lay a steadying hoof on Twilight’s side.

“What do you mean, you being dumb again?” she asked, her bright eyes clouding in confusion. Twilight whimpered and looked at the floor. The floor didn’t get worried. The floor was nice. “Twilight, you’re scaring me,” Pinkie whispered, scooching even closer, to where Twilight could feel the heat radiating from her.

“Tonight...” Twilight began. She had to say something, because Pinkie was worried. She swallowed and tried again. “Tonight was supposed to be...” She couldn’t finish the sentence, couldn’t force that word past her tight, aching throat. Twilight broke into tears, shuddering sobs that tore through her from her chest to her head and down through her wings and tail.

Suddenly Pinkie was holding her tight, whispering something into her ear. She couldn’t hear it over the wailing sobs that still came from her throat, unwanted and confusing, bit it helped a bit. More than a bit, really. Eventually, Twilight calmed down, fell into sniffles and shudders instead of the horrible weeping from before. She turned and hugged Pinkie back, snuggling forcefully into Pinkie’s embrace, nuzzling up her neck, and bravely planting a little kiss onto Pinkie’s cheek. Pinkie smiled sweetly and returned the gesture, her wonderful blue eyes sparkling with a sweet, loving warmth. Twilight had never felt so exposed, so vulnerable, so close to anypony before. But she held Pinkie even tighter, looking gladly into Pinkie’s wonderful eyes, feeling years of loneliness and desperation melt away with each beat of Pinkie’s heart as it thudded against her chest so wonderfully. It was nice.

Slowly, inevitably, Pinkie’s eyes drooped lower and lower, her heart beat more slowly, and she soon let out little breathy giggles in her sleep, her hooves twitching and her nose wiggling adorably. It was supposed to be a fling, a little bit of fun between friends. But Twilight could feel the buzzing warmth on her cheek where Pinkie’s lips had touched it, and Twilight could feel the rightness of holding somepony and being held, the warmth and peace that came with it. She smiled gently as she watched Pinkie’s face twitching in phantom smiles, beautiful and warm in the lamplight from outside. It was supposed to be a fling, but Twilight knew she would ask for more than that in the morning. The library floor had never felt so comfortable and secure, and Twilight pulled Pinkie closer as she felt sleep overtake her, little by little like the ocean waves.

Next Prompt: Closet

((Also, I know I went way over the word limit - would you like me to edit it down?))

1498726 Thanks, I was worried that it sucked. I re-read it three times after it was posted and found way too many errors. That's what i get for writing at 2am:ajsleepy:
1499098 Personally, I don't think you would need to edit it down. It's not obscenely long and most of the information is relevant but I'm not mod so its not my call.

No! In the Rarijack group, there was one fic that was 1,000 words. We didn't care. As long as you don't go way WAY over, it's fine. :raritywink:

Joined because I felt an intense need to write something for this prompt. So...claimed and expect something odd soon.

Prompt: Closet

“Pinkie’s grandmother has been in town for the last three days, and we still haven’t been introduced.” Twilight dragged her hooves more than a little self-consciously as Rarity led her to Sugarcube Corner.

“If it means this much to you, dear, then all the more reason for me to walk you over so you two can sort this out. You and Pinkie have been seeing one another for almost a year now, and one would think that you two would be able to communicate a little better. “

Twilight huffed. “Pinkie Pie will always be Pinkie Pie. I gave up trying to understand her a long time ago.”

“Why dear,” Rarity gasped,” that’s just awful! Understanding your loved ones is key to any relationship, you know that.”

Twilight swung her head to the side to more closely observe the passing scenery, hoping that the beautiful Ponyville countryside would inspire her to some poetic response. “It isn’t like that, you know? Pinkie Pie is special and we’re just so…different. I tried for so long to understand her, but it’s only now that I’ve decided to just accept her without trying to analyze her behavior and nature that I’ve found that I can really enjoy our moments together. Sometimes I just think too much, Rarity, and I just worry…”

“…worry about what, dear?”

“Nothing, we’re here already.” Before the two mares stood the colorful Sugarcube Corner in all its sugary glory. The sweet smells permeating through the air only served to sour Twilight’s stomach.

“Indeed we are. Now go talk to her, Twilight, and clear this whole mess up.”

“I’m just here for my hat…” Twilight muttered, but proceeded into the store anyways. Last week Twilight had visited Pinkie and left her wide brimmed sunhat in her marefriend’s closet. These last few days Pinkie had been so distant. It made coming to get her hat difficult, but tomorrow she and Spike were supposed to watch Summer Sunflowers bloom. Spike would be fine, but her dark fur made direct sunlight for hours on end uncomfortable.

“Twilight!”

Almost immediately, her partner in pink bowled her over and planted a slightly exuberant and very wet kiss on her cheek. “I haven’t seen you in AAAAGES!”

The purple unicorn smiled tenderly despite herself. “I know Pinkie, but I know how busy you’ve been with your grandmother in town, and I didn’t want to impose. I just needed my sun hat from your closet and I’ll be out of your hair.”

“Oh,” Pinkie visibly deflated for just a moment before smiling again. “Are you going to see the Sumer Sunflowers bloom tomorrow? They’re the super duper-est sunflowers to bloom in the summer, so I’ll bet that’s what you’re doing! I’ll go grab it.”

“Oh, that’s okay. You’re working today, right? I’ll just run upstairs and get it, it’s no big deal.”

Pinkie hesitated. “Well, Granny Pie is up there right now, and-”

“Oh!” Twilight laughed nervously. “I get you. It might be a little awkward if I, a stranger to your grandmother, started going through your closet without a word of explanation right?”

“Umm…” Pinkie ummed.

“I mean, you probably put all of the stuff you don’t want your grandmother seeing in your closet, right? I mean, that’s where I used to hide all my embarrassing comic books from Princess Celestia when she would come visit me in the castle.”

“Ahh…” Pinkie ahhed.

“Yeah, your closet probably has all kinds of embarrassing things that you don’t want your grandmother to know about, so you hide them away and don’t talk to her about them for three days because it really embarrasses you and you don’t think she would approve of the way that you’re living your life here in Ponyville and the things in your closet aren’t…the prettiest or the most socially-”

“Twilight?” Pinkie smiled. “Would you like to meet my Granny Pie?”

“Oh…uh…” Twilight blushed. “…only if you don’t think I would embarrass you.”

“Of course not!” Pinkie embraced her. “I’m sorry I didn’t introduce you two sooner.” Bouncing up the stairs, Pinkie led Twilight up to her bedroom. “I was just unsure of…well, how to. You’re both so important to me that I wanted it to go right the first time!”

Throwing the door open, Pinkie gestured inside. “Twilight, meet Granny Pie, She the bestest, most old granny ever!”

“Pinkie, that’s-” Twilight started before catching herself. She almost said ‘a rock’ before realizing the shape Pinkie was gesticulating towards wasn’t a rock, but a tombstone. A large name and a small epitaph was inscribed on the tombstone, and Twilight was no fool.

“That’s…” Twilight couldn’t understand how Pinkie could smile so brilliantly or why she had brought her grandmother’s tombstone from her family’s rock farm to her little room in Sugarcube Corner to wrap in a blanket and place in a rocking chair. Maybe it had something to do with her family’s close relationship with rocks, or her being an earth pony and having an innate connection to soil and stone. Or maybe Pinkie Pie was certifiably insane.

Twilight didn’t understand, and she didn’t waste her time trying. Instead took a breath, smiled, and said, “That’s wonderful. I’m pleased to make her acquaintance.”

Pinkie’s smile in response set Twilight’s heart ablaze once more.

Next Prompt: Sacrifice

((Also slightly long, but still under 1000 words...sorry, this story immediately came to mind, and I couldn't figure out how to write it smaller))

1502304 That was creepy :pinkiecrazy:

p.s. i know i should wait before doing another one but i am calling Sacrifice

Sacrifice

"IT'S DONE! IT'S FINALLY DONE!" Twilight screamed into the heavens. Laughing manically she reared onto her back hooves as thunder and lightning split the sky.

Twilight stood behind a large chemistry set bubbling and boiling. Liquid of many colors speed through the tubes and beakers at break neck speeds. While nopony could tell you what was in them everypony would tell you that if Twilight was making it then it was bad.

"Ask anypony on the street and they would tell you that Twilight Sparkle wasn't always the mad mare you see today. In fact, she was an upstanding member of the community who had saved, not just Ponyville, but all of Equestria more than once. Studying under the the hoof of the Solar Princess herself and spending her time with honest, loyal, kind and generous friends Twilight was the embodiment of harmony. A shining paragon of Equestria and all its achievements.

The history books say that a disagreement happened between the Princess and her loyal student but that's not what really happened. You see Twilight found a mare that she could not explain. Being a pony of the sciences she couldn't stand not knowing something, so she studied said mare. The more she saw the less she knew. Her friend could predict the future, see outside of this reality, be an entire marching band by herself. She was the most interesting mare in the world and Twilight Sparkle could never resist interesting.

Somewhere along the line Twilight fell in love with her friend, not even she could tell you where. She could never understand this mare no matter how hard she tried. I told her that using a scientific approach didn't work for everything but she never listens to me. Luckily our friend was smarter than the average pony and made a suggestion. No one expected one harmless suggestion to bring all Equestria so close to ruin.

This unpredictable, undefinable mare suggested that she help with Twilights current experiment, a device to harness and redirect lightning. While hesitant at first Twilight soon found that with the help of her new friend the laws of nature need not apply all the time. For the first time Twilight connected with the object of her affections an an equal. The less she thought of reality the more she found ways to connect with her friend, and soon after marefriend.

The two lovers broke every imaginable law from both nature and pony kind in their twisted courtship. They would make a stallion age in reverse in the morning only to bring back the dead that night. The two only got more depraved the farther they went, to them nothing was sacred but each other.

It could not last forever and too soon the Princesses had to intervene. Twilight was a powerful princess and could not be killed, however her lover could. The mare was not only taken away but removed from history, her name erased from everyponies mind, save the four princesses.

Twilight was too far gone to ever be brought back to reality, and if you ask me i think she doesn't want to come back, but without her marefriend she was missing half of every equation. The Princesses agreed that she could do no harm so they gave her back her old home in Ponyville. "It was easier than fighting" they said.

As for me? I think The Princesses are wrong."

"YOU SEE THIS BUTTON HERE?!?! I'M GONNA PRESS IT!" Twilight shouted to nopony in particular.

"That's my cue, the job of 'number one assistant' is never done."

Next Time: Foals

Innocent love can be be pretty creepy. :twilightblush:

And geeze, I thought my story was a little dark! Nice job upping the ante. :pinkiehappy:

I think we have enough for me to start collecting them into a story! Continue on with the game as you will, I'll just start putting them together! :raritywink:

1506637 weeeell my name is grimmred, promise to keep it T
I always thought pinkie and twi would make the greatest evil couple

1506865 How will that work exactly? you pick your favorites? all of them? group voted?

Also, if my first one is going in may i be given the chance to do some editing (don't tell anypony but it needs some work done)?

All of them go in, just like in the other collabs. :twilightsmile:

Helooooooooooooooo... Anypony there?:pinkiehappy:

:pinkiesad2:

Working on the collab :raritywink:

I have not forgotten, I was hoping someone else would pick up the next prompt...but if need be I will write something later. :ajsleepy:

1578682>>1505500

I can claim the prompt...

you know what?
SURE.

Claimed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 247